Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Leapin Lou here from Chitown.

Looking to be a part this community to learn from and to research a roof top tent for my Ram Rebel 1500 to start my adventures.
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Mike W . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Greetings to you all

I just joined up - here is a bit about me

DC area
3rd gen tacoma
Overlanding
local trails
hike camp fish n fun

Looking for some rally points and folks who know local trails
(moderate /demanding - still working on recovery skills and tricks)

~Roister aka Will
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Interim Regional Director is @Kent R.
Your Member Representatives are;
@Team Harrington - Vermont, Main, New Hampshire
@EscoTerrestrial - New York, Rhode Island, Connecticut
@Wawa Skittletits - Pennsylvania, New Jersey, West Virginia
@NovaBound - Virginia, Maryland, Delaware

Reactions: 4wheelspulling

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Just joined.

Andy
NC
2018 4runner. Have been building over the last year. Coming together well.
Camped my whole life but relatively new to overlanding and really offroading.
Looking forward to joining the community.
Thanks!
Welcome To Overland Bound

Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Sandpoint Steve

US NorthWest Region Local Expert
Supporter

Pathfinder III

Sandpoint, Idaho
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Marchiando
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7POE
Hello All,

Loved the dirt road better than the paved one my whole life. Owned P.U. Trucks, Jeeps, Land Rovers and most recently a new Winnebago REVEL, Sprinter MB Chassis, 4 wheel drive w/low range.

Thanks
Welcome to OB check out that map and calendar for local happenings.
Hope to see you for some BBq on the 18th.

-Sandpoint Steve

Reactions: 4wheelspulling

Cendee

SE Member Representative
Launch Member
Supporter

Influencer III

West Haven, UT, USA
First Name
Cendee
Last Name
Bjerregaard
Member #

Hello All,

I may be late to party but at least I made it. Been doing the overland thing for a while now but only recently have really had enough time to take it more seriously. I'm a Colorado native and do most of my overlanding out west. I split my time and $$$$ between my 2012 Wrangler and my Ural 2wd sidecar. This just makes it twice as difficult to justify expenditures to my wife. Work keeps me busy so most trips are in the 1-2 week range for now. Last year we did the NMBDR. This year I'm still working on a plan.

Cheers!

Ah, yes.., the ever important photos are below

View attachment 110534

View attachment 110535
Welcome to the family. Keep an eye on the Rally Points for the Rocky Mountain Region: Events Archive - Overland Bound
Go here for everything else Rocky Mountain: U.S. Rocky Mountain (MT ND SD NE KS CO UT WY)

Cendee

SE Member Representative
Launch Member
Supporter

Influencer III

West Haven, UT, USA
First Name
Cendee
Last Name
Bjerregaard
Member #

Hello All,
My name is Dwight and I am from Mesa, Colorado which is on the far Western Slope of Colorado. My wife and I have a '91 YJ with the powerhouse 2.5L. I have been really interested in the overland 4x4ing venue, but our YJ is really set up for the trails in Moab, UT. Our Jeep has a Tera Low transfer case upgrade (4.0:1) which gives me some low end grunt. The rear axle is out of an '89 Jeep Cherokee so it is not a c-clip axle. We have a lockright in the rear and open in the front. We are running 33" mud tires. We have other mods/upgrades, but that is pretty much it for the running gear. We have not done any true overlanding. I would like to build a rig that can do a reasonable amount of overlanding, but still wheel in Moab or near to my home on the Greand Mesa.

Moderators I sincerely apologize if my attachment violates any forum rules. I thought there would be an a resizing of the attachment, but I do not think so.

Dwight
Welcome to the family. Keep an eye on the Rally Points for the Rocky Mountain Region: Events Archive - Overland Bound
Go here for everything else Rocky Mountain: U.S. Rocky Mountain (MT ND SD NE KS CO UT WY)

K. Rut

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Hermiston, OR, USA
First Name
Kyle
Last Name
Rutherford
Member #

Very nice set up you have there. It looks great and should serve you well.
Thanks man, At some point I want to get a smaller more rock crawling capable rig. With a family though, I have now figured out why my mom always drove a suburban. You can literally bring everything, and they're pretty dang capable.

K. Rut

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Hermiston, OR, USA
First Name
Kyle
Last Name
Rutherford
Member #

Hiya Kyle (@K. Rut) and welcome to Overland Bound. This is a great source of information on all things overland. I am sure you will find lots of great information and friendships. I highly recommend checking out the NorthWest Region forums [link] to get a better feel for who is in the neighborhood. There are a number of members up in the Richland area, some over in Walla Walla, and in Milton-Freewater too. As events are planned, they are added to the Rally Point System [link], so I recommend keeping an eye on that as well.

I hope to meet you someday soon. Until then, please feel free to message me on the forums @Jedi!
Thanks for the recommendations @Jedi I spent a bunch of time checking out the map and found I have some members in my neck of the woods, It'll be great to get out and start meeting some folks. I'm 100% new to the forums so I'm just learning how to navigate and post. Thanks for pointing me in a direction that I should check out.

Cheers
Kyle

Reactions: Jedi

blackiestone

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Eureka, CA, USA
First Name
Laura
Last Name
Manzanilla
Member #

Hi from Adelaide Australia.

I’ve been stuck at home on the couch the past few weeks after breaking my leg on the first night of a recent camping trip. I came across some YouTube vids posted by overlandbound and thought it looked like a good forum so decided to join.
2018 Ford Ranger PXII Wildtrak
I would consider myself a novice but wouldn’t consider myself experienced either - somewhere in between.

Cheers
Trev
You Aussies are inspirational when it comes to overlanding! Heal up an get back out there.

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

Hi, I’m J. Michael

Rig: 2008 GMC Sierra 2500 Duramax
Experience: New to overlanding but not the outdoors. Been wheeling with my dad since I was 5. Ski, mountain bike, hike and love most anything outside and far away from a cell phone signal. Been getting my rig ready this summer. Have a Roof Nest Eagle RTT, an ARB awning and refer and a cooktop. Minimalist setup to start. But looking forward to getting on the road next week!
Hello DNB,
Welcome to this great group. Would love to chat more with as you are close by, and we enjoy the same. Please feel free to contact me for more information or even if want some company on your trail runs, you mentioned going out this weekend? Vance.

Henrythemancavecamper

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Oslo, Noorwegen
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Schampers
Member #

Hi overlanders,

My name is Rick and i'm a Dutch fellow that ended up in Norway a few years ago and never went back.

I've been working on Land Rovers and overlanding for over 15 years, both as work and hobby.
However, when I moved to Scandinavia I decided to join the local tradition and buy a Volvo hehe.

Although, it's not your average Volvo family estate, it's a 1968 ex Norwegian army Volvo L3314N (Valp).
It has had pretty much a full rebuild to run 38x15,5 Arctic Trucks tires and has been converted to a little camper.
On Instagram @Henrythemancavecamper you will find some more info and photos of the little Volvo.

I've ordered my OB membership package and I'm looking forward to receive this and get in contact with more like-minded people.

254D5EA2-C0E9-45BE-B7F3-B5E4B0A79867.jpgIMG_1163.jpg

Shagan3

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Marietta, GA, USA
First Name
Sebastian
Last Name
Hagan
Member #

Hello, my name is Sebastian, and I am riding around in my 2014 Nissan Versa Note.

Rig: 2014 Nissan Versa Note (will post pictures once I make it a little more unique)
Experience: tons of camping and bushcraft experience but next to no overlanding experience yet.

Reactions: CTO1Mike and Kent R

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hi folks
Robert Easley here. I have a 2011 JK and pull a trailer I built a little over 10 years ago.
I'm from Jamestown, Ca
I've been doing this for some time now and lead small groups on historic overland tours. Just finished a 9 day trip from southern Idaho along the California Immigrant trail into Utah, down to the Humboldt River and on to California. View attachment 111032
Welcome to Overland Bound, very nice set up.. I am your U.S. West Member Representative, so if you have any questions or concerns feel free to contact me @Magic Mike. Or you can contact our Regional Director @Narbob as well.

Make sure sure you go through the new member threads, it will make it easier to navigate the site. Also we just started up a new meetup here in Auburn. Currently it is scheduled on the first Saturday of every month, at the Round Table Pizza on Elm Avenue. Refer to the Rally Point for further and to RSVP. Looking forward to seeing you out there.

Static89

Rank 0

Contributor I

Western Australia, Australia
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Wright
Heyo. I'm Mark. Based in WA Australia.

I drive a 2016 VW amarok. Standard hight and tires at the moment. Bull bar lights and tub rack to fit my Ikamper 4x skycamp.
I'm in the process of replacing the tub and rack with a chassis mounted canopy. Once the canopy is fitted the lift and tires will be sorted.

I have a year or 2 experience in 4x4ing. But wanted to move away from general bush bashing to something that breaks the car a little less.

Attachments