Contributor I

Houston, TX
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Gray
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KF5BBC
Hello, I'm Justin and I'm from the Houston, Texas area.

I just bought a 2019 RAM Power Wagon and am looking forward to getting into overlanding. I have been following the YouTube channel for a little over a year now.

I have virtually 0 experience in overlanding, been camping a few times, but grew up hunting annually in West Texas.

IMG_0980.JPGIMG_0986.JPG

K. Rut

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Hermiston, OR, USA
First Name
Kyle
Last Name
Rutherford
Member #

Hey everybody,

My name is Kyle
2. Live in Hermiston Oregon
3. Our overland rig is the family trukster/my wife’s daily driver. A 2010 Chevy suburban 1500 with a 4in BDS lift 18in fake bead lock pro comp wheels and 305/60/18 Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ p3 (hybrid) tires. The roof top tent is a new addition506C2DA8-330E-45BF-8C64-9BF7DE08F076.jpeg632AFF4D-B5A7-40FA-BC31-EB4443181489.jpeg482E890F-2113-4454-9538-B35AD88407AD.jpeg
4. I don’t have any real overlanding experience. I’ve always been a “just get out there and wing it” kind of guy that is now realizing with an almost two year old, and another on the way, some pre planning is a good idea. I’m confident behind the wheel (bit of a dirt road hooligan as a kid) and super excited to improve my skills and learn from everybody here.

Charles M

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Wickenburg, AZ, USA
First Name
Charles
Last Name
M
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1CJM
Hey everybody,

My name is Kyle
3. Our overland rig is the family trukster/my wife’s daily driver. A 2010 Chevy suburban 1500 with a 4in BDS lift 18in fake bead lock pro comp wheels and 305/60/18 Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ p3 (hybrid) tires. The roof top tent is a new additionView attachment 111007View attachment 111008View attachment 111009
4. I don’t have any real overlanding experience. I’ve always been a “just get out there and wing it” kind of guy that is now realizing with an almost two year old, and another on the way, some pre planning is a good idea. I’m confident behind the wheel (bit of a dirt road hooligan as a kid) and super excited to improve my skills and learn from everybody here.
Very nice set up you have there. It looks great and should serve you well.

DNB

Rank 0

Contributor I

Wenatchee, WA, USA
First Name
JM
Last Name
Walker
Hi, I’m J. Michael

Rig: 2008 GMC Sierra 2500 Duramax
Experience: New to overlanding but not the outdoors. Been wheeling with my dad since I was 5. Ski, mountain bike, hike and love most anything outside and far away from a cell phone signal. Been getting my rig ready this summer. Have a Roof Nest Eagle RTT, an ARB awning and refer and a cooktop. Minimalist setup to start. But looking forward to getting on the road next week!

Thierry

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Member #

Welcome to Overland Bound!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Polaris Overland for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.
Hi,

Thanks for this information :)

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Arlington, WA, USA
First Name
Brie
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
Hello All,

Loved the dirt road better than the paved one my whole life. Owned P.U. Trucks, Jeeps, Land Rovers and most recently a new Winnebago REVEL, Sprinter MB Chassis, 4 wheel drive w/low range.

Thanks
Welcome to Overland Bound, @Electo. As a dirt road lover, you are among your kind here. The Spokane area has a number of active members and there are great things occurring thanks to @Sandpoint Steve and @Captain Chaos. Check out the upcoming BBQ on August 18th [link], it might be a great chance to get to know the crew. The truth of the matter is that there are a number of great overlanding events occurring throughout the PNW, so I recommend checking out the Overland Bound NorthWest Region forum [link] for meetups and to get to know your neighbors. Events are also posted on the Rally Point system [link], so you might want to check that out as well.

I look forward to seeing you out there! If you need anything, feel free to hit me up on the forums: @Jedi.

Reactions: Sandpoint Steve

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Arlington, WA, USA
First Name
Brie
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
Hey everybody,

My name is Kyle
3. Our overland rig is the family trukster/my wife’s daily driver. A 2010 Chevy suburban 1500 with a 4in BDS lift 18in fake bead lock pro comp wheels and 305/60/18 Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ p3 (hybrid) tires. The roof top tent is a new additionView attachment 111007View attachment 111008View attachment 111009
Hiya Kyle (@K. Rut) and welcome to Overland Bound. This is a great source of information on all things overland. I am sure you will find lots of great information and friendships. I highly recommend checking out the NorthWest Region forums [link] to get a better feel for who is in the neighborhood. There are a number of members up in the Richland area, some over in Walla Walla, and in Milton-Freewater too. As events are planned, they are added to the Rally Point System [link], so I recommend keeping an eye on that as well.

I hope to meet you someday soon. Until then, please feel free to message me on the forums @Jedi!

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Arlington, WA, USA
First Name
Brie
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
Hi, I’m J. Michael

Experience: New to overlanding but not the outdoors. Been wheeling with my dad since I was 5. Ski, mountain bike, hike and love most anything outside and far away from a cell phone signal. Been getting my rig ready this summer. Have a Roof Nest Eagle RTT, an ARB awning and refer and a cooktop. Minimalist setup to start. But looking forward to getting on the road next week!
Hi J. Michael (@DNB), welcome to the Overland Bound family! There is nothing wrong with being minimalist... I have had many adventures in my Jeep that were as simple as a couple MRE and sleeping in the back of the JKU. The important thing isn't what gadgets you have, but what adventures you experience. You are in a great place for that, since you are just off of the Washington Backcountry Discovery Route (WABDR) and just down river from your member rep, @4wheelspulling. Do you mind sharing where you are heading to next week?

Anyway, I recommend checking into our NorthWest Region forums [link] where we can chatter more and you can get to know the members in your area as well as start planning some more adventures. You can also check out the events occurring in the region by visiting the Rally Point System [link].

If you need anything, don't hesitate to send me a message via the forums @Jedi.

Reactions: 4wheelspulling

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Justin (@RedWhisker), welcome from Oklahoma. Hopefully you can join the weekly OB Echolink net (more info in my signature)

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

reasley

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Jamestown, CA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Easley
Member #

Hi folks
Robert Easley here. I have a 2011 JK and pull a trailer I built a little over 10 years ago.
I'm from Jamestown, Ca
I've been doing this for some time now and lead small groups on historic overland tours. Just finished a 9 day trip from southern Idaho along the California Immigrant trail into Utah, down to the Humboldt River and on to California. with tent folded.jpg

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi folks
Robert Easley here. I have a 2011 JK and pull a trailer I built a little over 10 years ago.
I'm from Jamestown, Ca
I've been doing this for some time now and lead small groups on historic overland tours. Just finished a 9 day trip from southern Idaho along the California Immigrant trail into Utah, down to the Humboldt River and on to California. View attachment 111032

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. Your closest Member Representative is @Magic Mike

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi, I’m J. Michael

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Jedi for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everybody,

My name is Kyle

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Jedi for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello, I'm Justin and I'm from the Houston, Texas area.

I just bought a 2019 RAM Power Wagon and am looking forward to getting into overlanding. I have been following the YouTube channel for a little over a year now.

I have virtually 0 experience in overlanding, been camping a few times, but grew up hunting annually in West Texas.

View attachment 110977View attachment 110978

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @brien for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Patrick here from western PA. Currently have a 2017 Subaru Impreza Hatchback. Completely new to the overlanding and off roading community but eager to get out and soak up any tips, tricks, advice to get out there and explore the wilderness!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Interim Regional Director is @Kent R.
Your Member Representatives are;
@Team Harrington - Vermont, Main, New Hampshire
@EscoTerrestrial - New York, Rhode Island, Connecticut
@Wawa Skittletits - Pennsylvania, New Jersey, West Virginia
@NovaBound - Virginia, Maryland, Delaware

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Mike from central Illinois here
2002 S10 ZR2 (Black Sheep) Building slowly, but steadily
Total novice, wanting to learn more and get out for adventure.
Packing up to go exploring next weekend (hopefully)

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Mike W . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello All,

Loved the dirt road better than the paved one my whole life. Owned P.U. Trucks, Jeeps, Land Rovers and most recently a new Winnebago REVEL, Sprinter MB Chassis, 4 wheel drive w/low range.

Thanks

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Jedi for help or information. Your closest Member Representative is @Sandpoint Steve