Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Northern VA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Pukish
Member #

Hello. My name is Josh and I live in Williamstown, NJ. I own a 2016 Subaru Outback 2.5i with no modifications at the moment. Just bought her 2 months ago. I'm 36 yrs old and love riding trails when I am able to. I have PTSD from service, so meeting new people to trail ride with gets difficult some times. Right now I only do small local trails, and can't do some of them after it rains (no one to trail ride with and don't wanna get stuck. Lol). Thank you guys for having me. Stay lifted my friends.
Welcome! While my rig is a 4Runner, our family is on our third Subaru, and I am actually looking for a used Subaru to be a daily driver - great and extremely capable vehicles. Great having you here.

Reactions: LunerOB

Contributor I

Boise, ID, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Swanson
Welcome to Overland Bound, @TheUrgencyToMove. It sounds like you got yourself pretty well equipped and have put it all to good use. The great thing about this community is that there are people here with all levels of experience, from weekender locals to full time world travelers. I think you will fit in perfectly somewhere in between those. There is actually a pretty active group of adventurers in the Boise area, so you should have no trouble hooking up with some locals to brainstorm new ideas.

I recommend checking out the Overland Bound NorthWest Region forum [link] for meetups and to get to know your neighbors. Events are also posted on the Rally Point system [link], so you might want to check that out as well.

I look forward to seeing you out there! If you need anything, feel free to hit me up on the forums: @Jedi.
Thanks! Good to know about the regional forums.

Reactions: Jedi

Aussie571

Local Expert, Australia NSW

Builder II

Hillvue NSW, Australia
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Altona
Member #

Hey everyone. I'm Markus from Australia. I drive a 2016 Toyota Fortuner. Have been getting out and exploring since 2005.

Cheers.
Welcome Markus....not sure where your located but G'day from NSW!

Last edited:

Aussie571

Builder II

Hillvue NSW, Australia
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Altona
Member #

Hey everyone
I’m from Sydney, Australia.
I have a ford ranger 2017.
I use my car for camping and just finding nice places off road.
Hello Geetee113 (@Geetee113), Welcome from Tamworth NSW.

I am Adrian your NSW Member Rep, if there is anything I can do to help you please message me at @Aussie571

Check out the New South Wales Region or any other sub-forum for local or global information and involvement opportunities.

Our main region is: Oceania

Which currently makes up:-

Australia:
New South Wales Region - Facebook - Overland Bound - New South Wales
Queensland Region - Facebook - Overland Bound - Queensland
Victoria Region - Facebook - Overland Bound - Victoria

And

New Zealand Region

Here is the link to the General forum calendar and Meet-Up event page:

Overland Bound Meetups

Or to check out what other members are planning go here:

[URL="https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/overland-trip-planning.21/”]Overland Trip Planning[/URL]

If you have any further questions please message our Regional Director at @Luis Merlo

Last edited:

Aussie571

Builder II

Hillvue NSW, Australia
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Altona
Member #

G'Day from Coffs Harbour, NSW, Australia.
Currently have an 80 Series Landcruiser and a couple of old Hiluxs.
Been in the local 4wd scene for ages and keen for touring/expedition/overlanding scene.
In Australia we seem to be getting a few of the 'American' trucks, so keen for ideas, hints and tips.
Hello Beaujest (@Beaujest), welcome to Overland Bound....I'm in Tamworth NSW.

Check out the New South Wales Region or any other sub-forum for local or global information and involvement opportunities.

Our main region is: Oceania
Which currently makes up:-

Australia:
New South Wales Region
Queensland Region
Victoria Region

And

New Zealand Region

Here is the link to the General forum calendar and Meet-Up event page:

Overland Bound Meetups

Or to check out what other members are planning go here:

[URL="https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/overland-trip-planning.21/]Overland Trip Planning[/URL]

I am Adrian your NSW Member Rep, if there is anything I can do to help message me at @Aussie571
If you have any questions message our Regional Director at @Luis Merlo

Last edited:

Aussie571

Builder II

Hillvue NSW, Australia
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Altona
Member #

G’Day Overlanders!

I’m Nathan, and along with my wife and 3 kids (aged 13, 11 & 8) we really enjoy exploring, camping and 4wd’ing.
We usually solo travel and are fully equipped and prepared for whatever comes our way.
We are based in Brisbane and have a 2012 Holden RG Colorado.

Looking forward to being apart of this community

View attachment 110023
Hi Nathan...Welcome to Overland Bound!
I'm located in Tamworth...If your ever down my way give me a wave!

Aussie571

Builder II

Hillvue NSW, Australia
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Altona
Member #

Hi from Adelaide Australia.

I’ve been stuck at home on the couch the past few weeks after breaking my leg on the first night of a recent camping trip. I came across some YouTube vids posted by overlandbound and thought it looked like a good forum so decided to join.
2018 Ford Ranger PXII Wildtrak
I would consider myself a novice but wouldn’t consider myself experienced either - somewhere in between.

Cheers
Trev
Hi from Tamworth NSW and Welcome to Overland Bound!
Ouch that's a bugger...I still carry a metal plate from when I broke mine!
My son and recent new OB member has a 2014 Wildtrak!

Last edited:

TomInOregon

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Oregon
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Moss
Service Branch
USMC
Hello all. My name's Tom and I live Northwest of Portland, Oregon. I have a stock 1999 Dodge 2500 4X4 Diesel and also a 2014 Conqueror UEV 490 that I purchased earlier this year. I have experience car camping, but I've only begun doing the rough/offroad thing in the last couple of years. I am planning on doing a modest amount of work/upgrades to this truck and plan on getting a newer truck in a few years that I will do some real upgrades on.Truck and UEV 490.jpg

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
My name is Colin, I am currently located in Reno, NV (originally from Columbus, Ohio). I am new to Overlanding but have always loved the outdoors. A 2003 Jeep TJ is my rig with a lot of modifications. My wife and I are interested in spending time in Northern California/Nevada away from the crowds we get at Lake Tahoe.
Welcome to OB. There's a whole lot of good info on this site. Take a look at the Reno Overlanding thread US West - Reno Overlanding Meetings and Trail Runs Thread

I just posted our lastest trail run.

The Reno Overlanding Group meets the second Wednesday of every month at Famous Dave's BBQ in Reno. Come and join us. The next meeting is on August 14th and starts at 6:PM. Some of us get there early to set up. This weeks topic is Wilderness Survival basics presented by a SAR Technician, and Backcountry Trail Crew Leader.

If you have any questions or need anything, please PM me.

ddross

Rank 0

Contributor I

Colorado
First Name
Dwight
Last Name
Ross
Hello All,
My name is Dwight and I am from Mesa, Colorado which is on the far Western Slope of Colorado. My wife and I have a '91 YJ with the powerhouse 2.5L. I have been really interested in the overland 4x4ing venue, but our YJ is really set up for the trails in Moab, UT. Our Jeep has a Tera Low transfer case upgrade (4.0:1) which gives me some low end grunt. The rear axle is out of an '89 Jeep Cherokee so it is not a c-clip axle. We have a lockright in the rear and open in the front. We are running 33" mud tires. We have other mods/upgrades, but that is pretty much it for the running gear. We have not done any true overlanding. I would like to build a rig that can do a reasonable amount of overlanding, but still wheel in Moab or near to my home on the Greand Mesa.

Moderators I sincerely apologize if my attachment violates any forum rules. I thought there would be an a resizing of the attachment, but I do not think so.

Dwight

Attachments

ddross

Rank 0

Contributor I

Colorado
First Name
Dwight
Last Name
Ross
After posting my "Hi Everyone" post I was surfing around and found a member with a late model Charger with a lift (3" I think) and 33" tires! My knee jerk reaction was "Oh! Maybe I missed judged this website"! Then I thought a Charger on 33"? How damn cool is that! I think I am going to like this place!

Damn glad to be her folks!
Dwight

Thierry

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Member #

Hello from Belgium !
My name is Thierry and I live in this small european country, well known for... its beer !! :)
I'm overlanding for years now, with big trekks in Africa and the Sahara or in the french Alps.
Mainly with my trusty LR Defender - 110 with 300 Tdi engine.
My next big expedition should be to the artical polar circle ( in one or two years)
Very happy to join your community !

Thierry

IMG_0531-web.jpg

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Arlington, WA, USA
First Name
Brie
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
Hello all. My name's Tom and I live Northwest of Portland, Oregon. I have a stock 1999 Dodge 2500 4X4 Diesel and also a 2014 Conqueror UEV 490 that I purchased earlier this year. I have experience car camping, but I've only begun doing the rough/offroad thing in the last couple of years. I am planning on doing a modest amount of work/upgrades to this truck and plan on getting a newer truck in a few years that I will do some real upgrades on.View attachment 110688
Hello Tom (@TomInOregon) and welcome to Overland Bound. It looks to me like you already have a decently capable setup for some great adventures throughout the PNW. I'm curious to hear what shortcomings you are experiencing on the trails that need to be addressed. Please feel free to share your build progress with us, as that is how we all learn.

The great news is that PNW is full of great members, with a large number in and around the PDX area, so if you need a set of local hands, I am sure someone is nearby and willing. Your local member rep is @Roy & Kristin Zirpoli, but there are several people in your area, like @OregonViewFinders and @ZFrick, working to get the local Overland Bound community together for events and trail runs. I recommend checking out the NorthWest Region forums [link] and the Rally Point System [link] to find out what is happening around you.

If you need anything, please feel free to message me on the forums @Jedi!

rockett92

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Martinez CA
First Name
Ethan
Last Name
Rockett
Member #

Hey Everyone,

Just wanted to introduce myself quickly, I have been Following the Overland community for quite some time but wasn’t able to participate due to having a ram 3500 DRW with a flatbed and compound turbos, that weighs almost 9500 pounds. So it wasn’t particularly ideal for taking on the trails, lol. Long story short I purchased a Tacoma from a friend of mine this past week and wanted to try and get more involved here. I purchased my membership before I even owned the truck. That’s how excited I was, lol.

I’m really looking forward to meeting more people in northern CA and participating it events! Hope to see you guys around! IMG_0368.jpgIMG_0781.JPGIMG_0380.jpg

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
Hey Everyone,

Just wanted to introduce myself quickly, I have been Following the Overland community for quite some time but wasn’t able to participate due to having a ram 3500 DRW with a flatbed and compound turbos, that weighs almost 9500 pounds. So it wasn’t particularly ideal for taking on the trails, lol. Long story short I purchased a Tacoma from a friend of mine this past week and wanted to try and get more involved here. I purchased my membership before I even owned the truck. That’s how excited I was, lol.

I’m really looking forward to meeting more people in northern CA and participating it events! Hope to see you guys around! View attachment 110757View attachment 110759View attachment 110758
Welcome from Saccramento! Nice rig. You don’t have to do anything to it. :)

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Hey Everyone,

I’m really looking forward to meeting more people in northern CA and participating it events! Hope to see you guys around! View attachment 110757View attachment 110759View attachment 110758
Welcome to the fun. There are a few meet ups in nor cal which I'm sure th CA member rep @Magicmike will share with you.

David H

Local Expert Southern ID

Traveler III

Boise, ID, 83713 USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Hopkins
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRKQ684
Service Branch
U.S.A.F.
Hello from Boise, Idaho.
New to the overland life but not new to camping or Off-Roading.
Single dad with 4 y/o daughter wanting to take her and show her the beauty of this great land.
Looking forward to joining other overlanding members for outfitting and adventuring...
Rig: 2012 Jeep JKU Rubicon - Very Stock at this time

Attachments

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

Hi! Just joined. We’re prior backpackers that are getting more into vehicle camping with my Chevy 4x4. Pretty much focused on western Virginia and occasional West Virginia. Looking forward to learning and sharing in the forums.
Welcome @wahoowad, from Northern VA/DC!

Western VA is beautiful and very accessible! I also enjoy WV!

Reactions: Kent R