Arlington, WA, USA
First Name
Brie
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
Hello! My husband and I our Overlanders of a different kind.... we travel on ATV's / UTV's. We are out and about most weekends and have been doing it for years. Although it's not often that we meet others who travel the same. Most of you guys seem to travel with Jeeps, Trucks, Land Cruisers, etc. Can wait to meet new people and hear great stories!!!!!!
Hiya @Crimson/Wade74 and welcome to Overland Bound. The great thing about this community is that "it doesn't matter what you drive". We like and welcome everyone interested in seeking out adventure. Oddly enough, you may find a few members around here who have put in their time exploring via ATV/UTV and have moved over to the larger side of things... and probably some here that still hit the trails like you do.

Depending on where in Eastern Oregon you are located, you might be near some members in Bend, Yakima, or Boise... heck there are even a few members in La Grande. The best way to find out who is nearby and what is going on is to check into our NorthWest Region forum [link]. You can also take a look at the planned events by browsing the Rally Point System [link].

I hope to meet you soon. Until then, please feel free to send me a message via the forums, @Jedi, if you need anything.

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Arlington, WA, USA
First Name
Brie
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
Hello all, I'm Drew from Boise, ID. I'm fairly experienced with overlanding and road trips having traveled many forest roads in Idaho and surrounding states over the last several years. I had a VW Touareg from 2013-2018 and for the last 8 months a 2016 Grand Cherokee Eco Diesel. It has front and protection and rock rails from Chief Products. I camp with a CVT Trailer and a Roofnest RTT. The trailer has a 30 gal water tank and is powered by a Goal Zero Yeti 1000. I'm enjoying the setup so far. Hope to learn a bunch more from this site!

I'm building a photography and travel website at www.TheUrgencyToMove.com.
Welcome to Overland Bound, @TheUrgencyToMove. It sounds like you got yourself pretty well equipped and have put it all to good use. The great thing about this community is that there are people here with all levels of experience, from weekender locals to full time world travelers. I think you will fit in perfectly somewhere in between those. There is actually a pretty active group of adventurers in the Boise area, so you should have no trouble hooking up with some locals to brainstorm new ideas.

I recommend checking out the Overland Bound NorthWest Region forum [link] for meetups and to get to know your neighbors. Events are also posted on the Rally Point system [link], so you might want to check that out as well.

I look forward to seeing you out there! If you need anything, feel free to hit me up on the forums: @Jedi.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello All,

I may be late to party but at least I made it. Been doing the overland thing for a while now but only recently have really had enough time to take it more seriously. I'm a Colorado native and do most of my overlanding out west. I split my time and $$$$ between my 2012 Wrangler and my Ural 2wd sidecar. This just makes it twice as difficult to justify expenditures to my wife. Work keeps me busy so most trips are in the 1-2 week range for now. Last year we did the NMBDR. This year I'm still working on a plan.

Cheers!

Ah, yes.., the ever important photos are below

View attachment 110534

View attachment 110535
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Cendee for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Reactions: Cendee

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all, I'm Drew from Boise, ID. I'm fairly experienced with overlanding and road trips having traveled many forest roads in Idaho and surrounding states over the last several years. I had a VW Touareg from 2013-2018 and for the last 8 months a 2016 Grand Cherokee Eco Diesel. It has front and protection and rock rails from Chief Products. I camp with a CVT Trailer and a Roofnest RTT. The trailer has a 30 gal water tank and is powered by a Goal Zero Yeti 1000. I'm enjoying the setup so far. Hope to learn a bunch more from this site!

I'm building a photography and travel website at www.TheUrgencyToMove.com.

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Jedi for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
My name is Colin, I am currently located in Reno, NV (originally from Columbus, Ohio). I am new to Overlanding but have always loved the outdoors. A 2003 Jeep TJ is my rig with a lot of modifications. My wife and I are interested in spending time in Northern California/Nevada away from the crowds we get at Lake Tahoe.
RENO, NV:

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups

The Reno Overlanding Meet-Up meets monthly, if your interested check out the meet-up page on the forum for details.
US West - Reno Overlanding Meetings and Trail Runs Thread

Your Regional Member Representative is @HappyOurOverlanding

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello! My husband and I our Overlanders of a different kind.... we travel on ATV's / UTV's. We are out and about most weekends and have been doing it for years. Although it's not often that we meet others who travel the same. Most of you guys seem to travel with Jeeps, Trucks, Land Cruisers, etc. Can wait to meet new people and hear great stories!!!!!!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Jedi for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone!

I appreciate the add to the group!

I’m originally from NJ, but have lived in the Greensboro, NC area for a number of years. The outdoors (hiking, backpacking, kayaking, and mountain biking) have long been a part of my life, but admittedly not always to the extent life permits. My intention is to extend my interests to include overlanding now that I will soon own another Jeep.
Welcome To Overland Bound

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Reactions: treadmark

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Good morning all. Brand new member here. I have a 2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD. I've been RV camping for decades and did a fair amount of horse packing when I was younger. We added a Yakima RTT last year and almost immediately started talking about building an RTT trailer. Just bought an M101a2 this week. Now to tackle mods on the trailer.

Super excited to be apart of the group and look forward to lots of adventures!

Depending on your location in the valley we have several meet-ups you might be interested in.
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. Your closest Member Representative is @Magic Mike

Reactions: dletz71

SkunkLakePartsRunner

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Whiting, IA, USA
First Name
Chase
Last Name
Patterson
Member #

Hey everyone! I'm chase, brand new to overland bound. I'm very excited to join this community. I'm 30, and for the past 9 years I've been going on adventures. Anytime I can get some time off from the farm I start making tracks. I like to drive back roads looking for adventure, before I have to be back at work. So far I've mostly just done road trips with no plan. But I've accidentally driven some really fun trails. A few years ago I stumbled upon a place called moab. I had never heard of it before, but some people I met at a coffee shop told me about the off road trails. I grew up out in the sticks, so I had experience with off roading so I decided to give it a try. That's how most of my exciting trips happened.

I'm currently driving a 2008 dodge charger. I know that's a little strange, but I outfitted it with a 3 inch lift and 33 inch ATs. She is called Part Runner and she is more capable than you would expect. I also just recently acquired a free jeep liberty so I'm going to be outfitting that into a more traditional overland rig.

I still consider myself a novice and am excited to meet new people and learn from everyone. I hope to see everybody out and about.
FB_IMG_1564752651088.jpgFB_IMG_1564752569267.jpgFB_IMG_1564752587208.jpg

Berkshire Overland

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

552 Riverton Road, Riverton, Connecticut, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Fuller
Member #

Jason From Riverton, CT. USA. Currently turning my old Xj into an overland vehicle and looking forward to getting to some meetups and events. I am mostly in the Berkshires CT, MA area but also spend a lot of time around lake George area and the Mid coast of Maine, If anyone in the area looking to meetup feel free to reach out.

MechE30

Rank I

Contributor III

Orange County, CA
First Name
Kyle
Last Name
Herman
Greetings from Orange County, CA!
I'm Kyle, recently picked up a LX470 named Ruth (in honor of my favorite bowling ball's name as a kid, just seemed fitting). Shes a slow work in process. My wife and I use Ruth to explore around the LA area and camp wherever we can! I'm new to the 4wd side of vehicles, but have turned my own wrenches since before I could drive. I'm a mechanical engineer by trade, and started my love affair with vehicles with an E30 bmw, hence the name. Hope to see you out on the trails!

OBphoto.jpg

Riggle76

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Las Vegas, NV, USA
First Name
Thomas
Last Name
Riggle
Member #

Greetings from Orange County, CA!
I'm Kyle, recently picked up a LX470 named Ruth (in honor of my favorite bowling ball's name as a kid, just seemed fitting). Shes a slow work in process. My wife and I use Ruth to explore around the LA area and camp wherever we can! I'm new to the 4wd side of vehicles, but have turned my own wrenches since before I could drive. I'm a mechanical engineer by trade, and started my love affair with vehicles with an E30 bmw, hence the name. Hope to see you out on the trails!

View attachment 110622
Welcome from Las Vegas.

82nd11B

Rank 0

Contributor I

Tucson, AZ, USA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Arguello
Good Morning Everyone, Tim from Tucson here but originally from the Gila in Silver City, NM.

1998 Jeep Cherokee basic 3" lift, 31's, prerunner bumper and diy tire carrier rack. Rebuilt Engine and Trans, Looking forward to upgrading the stock axles in the near future. Also working on a diy overlanding trailer, been in the planning phase for like 5 years:grimacing:.

Spent the childhood with Dad cruising the Gila in a stock 1983 Ford F150 that went through damn near anything lol. Done a moderate amount of cruising the Gila hunting fishing and hiking since I installed the new engine and trans in 2009.