Rank 0

Contributor I

Adelaide SA, Australia
First Name
Trevor
Last Name
Jackson
Hi from Adelaide Australia.

I’ve been stuck at home on the couch the past few weeks after breaking my leg on the first night of a recent camping trip. I came across some YouTube vids posted by overlandbound and thought it looked like a good forum so decided to join.
2018 Ford Ranger PXII Wildtrak
I would consider myself a novice but wouldn’t consider myself experienced either - somewhere in between.

Cheers
Trev

Attachments

DoggMan1163

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Big Sandy, TX, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Beard
Member #

I’ve been stuck at home on the couch the past few weeks after breaking my leg on the first night of a recent camping trip. I came across some YouTube vids posted by overlandbound and thought it looked like a good forum so decided to join.
I would consider myself a novice but wouldn’t consider myself experienced either - somewhere in between.

Cheers
Trev
Welcome aboard sorry to hear about the break I've broken a couple of bones in my life and torn my right arm off at the elbow doctor was good enough to put it back on and still have the use of it just limited to weight now days but anyway welcome to Overland bound from Texas

Reactions: Aussie571

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Cheers
Trev
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Luis Merlo for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Reactions: Luis Merlo

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
hello everyone my name is Matthew Flores
Located in: Monrovia CA
I drive a 2010 Toyota Fj Cruiser with a stage one icon setup but it is over-due for a rebuild
I have yet to do a long weekend of Overlanding unless you count hunting season. lol
I finally join the forum cause I want to start and go out and just explore these beautiful lands we have.

with all that said I look forward to learning as much as I can from all you users.

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. Your closest Member Representative is @Barclay

Reactions: DoggMan1163

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
New here! Names Nick! I have always wanted an off road rig. I finally got one! 2012 FJ Cruiser Trail Teams Edition! I also have a YouTube channel called Winters Kamp. I love camping and being outside! Hopefully I can add some more overland adventures to my channel!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Mike W . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
OK, new here. Name is Scott.
I have a 1990 GMC Suburban 3/4 4x4 5.7l
Been camping and traveling for as long as I can remember, 40 years?
I have traveled by motorcycle, car, 4x4, trailer, VW Bus and even a rental car as I explored the UK and slept in the back (Mazda MX6)
Lived in a School bus for several months, then lived in a travel trailer for almost a year.
Wanting my wife to explore more with me, so that is why the big old Suburban.
Location is Yakima Washington.
I hope to learn and contribute as I go.
Below is my current rig, but don't worry, the tires and wheels are going away. My new tires arrive tomorrow.

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Jedi for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all, John here from Orange, CA. Looking forward to gaining and sharing information form this site.

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. Your closest Member Representative is @Barclay

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone. Just joined after getting my new JLU Rubicon. Gobi rack is on order, getting a lift from Metalcloak shortly, and a RTT when the Gobi rack arrives.
GF and I are big campers, and are excited about getting off the beaten path. Looking forward to joining the community!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. Your closest Member Representative is @Magic Mike

Good choice with MetalCloak

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone. Been browsing around the overland forums for several months and finally became a member today. Looking forward to exploring new areas and discussing our builds and adventures. I drive a 2015 Tacoma TRD Sport. I’ve been camping since I could walk. Most of my overland experience has come from finding new places to trout fish or hunt in the Virginia mountains.View attachment 110072View attachment 110073

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Interim Regional Director is @Kent R.
Your Member Representatives are;
@Team Harrington - Vermont, Main, New Hampshire
@EscoTerrestrial - New York, Rhode Island, Connecticut
@Wawa Skittletits - Pennsylvania, New Jersey, West Virginia
@NovaBound - Virginia, Maryland, Delaware

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Houston, TX
2017 Ford F-150 FX4 Ingot Silver
I’m new to overlanding and just starting to focus on building my rig. Any help or suggestions are greatly welcomed. I was thinking suspension, wheels and tires to start. Was planning on just new coil overs and rear suspension for now and possible add on’s like lifts and springs later if needed with my long wheelbase.
Welcome to Overland Bound

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Well... finally did it. I’m here.
View attachment 110062

I’m from Orange County CA. Been around the world but adventures in the desert or mountains of the USA are my favorite.

I drive a 2017 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Recon and sometimes tow an IntechRV Explore with my 2019 CRF450L in it.

Looking forward to meeting some of you and hitting the trails sometime soon! Glad to be here! Thanks for reading.

Nice looking setup

Reactions: SevenSlotMachine

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everybody! New here. Been a long time follower on IG and Youtube.

Not new to overlanding, I've been doing it basically my whole life. We usually camp to hunt, fish or mountainbiking.

We use Toyotas almost exclusively. I currently drive a 2008 Toyota Fortuner. Will be posting a proper rig introduction in the build sections.
Welcome to Overland Bound

Reactions: SevenSlotMachine

dletz71

Rank 0
Launch Member

Contributor I

Central Valley California
First Name
Derrick
Last Name
Letsinger
Member #

Good morning all. Brand new member here. I have a 2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD. I've been RV camping for decades and did a fair amount of horse packing when I was younger. We added a Yakima RTT last year and almost immediately started talking about building an RTT trailer. Just bought an M101a2 this week. Now to tackle mods on the trailer.

Super excited to be apart of the group and look forward to lots of adventures!

treadmark

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Greensboro, NC, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Prystauk
Member #

Hi everyone!

I appreciate the add to the group!

I’m originally from NJ, but have lived in the Greensboro, NC area for a number of years. The outdoors (hiking, backpacking, kayaking, and mountain biking) have long been a part of my life, but admittedly not always to the extent life permits. My intention is to extend my interests to include overlanding now that I will soon own another Jeep.

NateWW35

Rank III
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Denver, Colorado, USA
First Name
Nate
Last Name
W
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0TXQ
1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

1) Please see below
2) Denver, CO and surrounding areas
3) Lifted '15 Forester
4) Minimal Overlanding, but an entire 23 years in extreme offroad Jeeps/Yotas/etc IMG_3660.JPG

Contributor I

Eastern Oregon
First Name
Crimson
Last Name
Presley
Member #

Hello! My husband and I our Overlanders of a different kind.... we travel on ATV's / UTV's. We are out and about most weekends and have been doing it for years. Although it's not often that we meet others who travel the same. Most of you guys seem to travel with Jeeps, Trucks, Land Cruisers, etc. Can wait to meet new people and hear great stories!!!!!!

turner685

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Columbus, OH
First Name
Colin
Last Name
Turner
Member #

My name is Colin, I am currently located in Reno, NV (originally from Columbus, Ohio). I am new to Overlanding but have always loved the outdoors. A 2003 Jeep TJ is my rig with a lot of modifications. My wife and I are interested in spending time in Northern California/Nevada away from the crowds we get at Lake Tahoe.

Attachments

Contributor I

Boise, ID, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Swanson
Hello all, I'm Drew from Boise, ID. I'm fairly experienced with overlanding and road trips having traveled many forest roads in Idaho and surrounding states over the last several years. I had a VW Touareg from 2013-2018 and for the last 8 months a 2016 Grand Cherokee Eco Diesel. It has front and protection and rock rails from Chief Products. I camp with a CVT Trailer and a Roofnest RTT. The trailer has a 30 gal water tank and is powered by a Goal Zero Yeti 1000. I'm enjoying the setup so far. Hope to learn a bunch more from this site!

I'm building a photography and travel website at www.TheUrgencyToMove.com.

Attachments

canoewest

Rank 0

Contributor I

Colorado
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Laughlin
Hello All,

I may be late to party but at least I made it. Been doing the overland thing for a while now but only recently have really had enough time to take it more seriously. I'm a Colorado native and do most of my overlanding out west. I split my time and $$$$ between my 2012 Wrangler and my Ural 2wd sidecar. This just makes it twice as difficult to justify expenditures to my wife. Work keeps me busy so most trips are in the 1-2 week range for now. Last year we did the NMBDR. This year I'm still working on a plan.

Cheers!

Ah, yes.., the ever important photos are below

_DSC5886.jpg

_DSC5648.jpg