Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Just joined. Thankful that this appears different than other forums. Relieved. I live in Arizona and am new to overlanding etc but not to outdoor activities. Love almost anything outside. Mountains to oceans. Got wilderness first aid certified and will probably upgrade to wilderness first responder in a year or so. Bought a Toyota Tacoma TRD ORD. Waiting a bit until parts age before spending big bucks to replace things just because I want them lol. Will be monitoring the forums for gear, mods, trips and clean ups to join. Looking forward to it!
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @brien for help or information. Your closest Member Representative is @Prerunner1982

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone! Just joined with my crossover. Slowly making it a bit more capable for hauling my outdoor gear places

View attachment 109924View attachment 109926View attachment 109925
2) Location: Central Indiana
3) Rig: 2008 Toyota Highlander AWD as my daily driver and outdoor gear hauler/ car camper
4) Been riding dirtbikes since I was 4, atv's, and buggy's. Novice in a full sized vehicle though. Looking to get an older 4th gen 4runner soon as a toy
(Using my Highlander to haul my outdoor gear: dirtbikes, mtn bikes, kayaks, camping gear etc... but not afraid to get off the pavement)

Just recently took it to Interlake OHV park and went on some beginner trails with it, rocky and dusty and made it with the right line-choice and all Trac-controls off
Would love to do more gravel and dirt road trails, camp more, long drives through national forests, and build community! Always love new gear too

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Mike W . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Greetings from Phoenix!

I have a 2017 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk, a 1996 Land Rover Discovery, and a small custom made over landing trailer that currently holds up my Smittybilt rooftop tent.

So far, just a recreational camper with my family but looking forward to longer, overland adventures.

View attachment 109920

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @brien for help or information. Your closest Member Representative is @Prerunner1982

lugueto

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Caracas, Distrito Capital, Venezuela
First Name
Luis
Last Name
Ugueto
Ham/GMRS Callsign
YY-5-LIU
Hello everybody! New here. Been a long time follower on IG and Youtube.

Not new to overlanding, I've been doing it basically my whole life. We usually camp to hunt, fish or mountainbiking.

We use Toyotas almost exclusively. I currently drive a 2008 Toyota Fortuner. Will be posting a proper rig introduction in the build sections.

SevenSlotMachine

Rank II
Investor

Contributor III

Huntington Beach, CA, USA
First Name
Adamo
Last Name
Don Vito
Member #

Well... finally did it. I’m here.
7BC810AF-9558-487C-98FF-7A155494FCB0.jpeg

I’m from Orange County CA. Been around the world but adventures in the desert or mountains of the USA are my favorite.

I drive a 2017 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Recon and sometimes tow an IntechRV Explore with my 2019 CRF450L in it.

Looking forward to meeting some of you and hitting the trails sometime soon! Glad to be here! Thanks for reading.

BillS1

Rank I

Contributor III

Conroe
First Name
Bill
Last Name
Shafer
Houston, TX
2017 Ford F-150 FX4 Ingot Silver
I’m new to overlanding and just starting to focus on building my rig. Any help or suggestions are greatly welcomed. I was thinking suspension, wheels and tires to start. Was planning on just new coil overs and rear suspension for now and possible add on’s like lifts and springs later if needed with my long wheelbase.

Attachments

l_vandyke

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Dodgetown, NC, USA
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Vandyke
Member #

Hey everyone. Been browsing around the overland forums for several months and finally became a member today. Looking forward to exploring new areas and discussing our builds and adventures. I drive a 2015 Tacoma TRD Sport. I’ve been camping since I could walk. Most of my overland experience has come from finding new places to trout fish or hunt in the Virginia mountains.A1424DB2-DF51-4B06-97F2-F1BA819BAD44.jpegF2EBBD0E-1365-4936-B4D7-AA13848E52B9.jpeg

Last edited:

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Bill (@BillS1 ), welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. There is a monthly meeting over around Beaumont if you are able to make it.
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.

Reactions: BillS1 and Kent R

Mournival

Rank II
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Los Gatos, CA, USA
First Name
Omar
Last Name
Ska
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6QZV
Hey everyone. Just joined after getting my new JLU Rubicon. Gobi rack is on order, getting a lift from Metalcloak shortly, and a RTT when the Gobi rack arrives.
GF and I are big campers, and are excited about getting off the beaten path. Looking forward to joining the community!

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, Nevada, United States
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
Hey everyone. Just joined after getting my new JLU Rubicon. Gobi rack is on order, getting a lift from Metalcloak shortly, and a RTT when the Gobi rack arrives.
GF and I are big campers, and are excited about getting off the beaten path. Looking forward to joining the community!
Welcome from Arizona!

Jim

RubiVaughn

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Nevada, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Vaughn
Member #

Hi Overlanders -

My name is Chris, my wife and I just joined OB.

We have a built up 2006 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon.

We are in Carson City NV.

We’ve been Jeeping since 2006 and camping pretty much all our lives.

Looking forward to being part of the overland community.

oldmopars

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Selah Wa
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Solomon
Member #

OK, new here. Name is Scott.
I have a 1990 GMC Suburban 3/4 4x4 5.7l
Been camping and traveling for as long as I can remember, 40 years?
I have traveled by motorcycle, car, 4x4, trailer, VW Bus and even a rental car as I explored the UK and slept in the back (Mazda MX6)
Lived in a School bus for several months, then lived in a travel trailer for almost a year.
Wanting my wife to explore more with me, so that is why the big old Suburban.
Location is Yakima Washington.
I hope to learn and contribute as I go.
Below is my current rig, but don't worry, the tires and wheels are going away. My new tires arrive tomorrow.

CoryB

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Seattle, WA, USA
First Name
Cory
Last Name
Bibby
Member #

Welcome to Overland Bound, @CoryB. That is a really nice looking Taco. What a great platform to use for getting further off the pavement and exploring more of our beautiful region. The PNW is so amazing because you can be in the middle of the bustle of Seattle (or any other major city) at 11 in the morning and on an incredible forest road surrounded by waterfalls by noon. We live in a great place with so much fun to enjoy.

There are a lot of members in the Seattle area, so I recommend heading over to the NorthWest Region forums [link] to get to know your neighbors and find out what is being planned. Events are also posted on the Rally Point system [link], so you might want to check that out as well.

I look forward to seeing you out there! If you need anything, feel free to hit me up on the forums: @Jedi.

Thanks @Jedi. I can’t wait, lots to learn but I’m excited. The PNW is great, looking forward to exploring more and meeting more people!

blackiestone

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Eureka, CA, USA
First Name
Laura
Last Name
Manzanilla
Member #

It was a impulse buy I was driving by the dealership saw this truck and fell instantly in love with it turned my jeep around went back and bought it didn't even haggle over the price not regretted it one bit. After I bought it I've learned about the difference in the Tacoma's had I done a bunch of research before buying I might have gone with the pro but like I said I love my sport taco and she's getting better looking all the time lol
looks awesome with those lights. I was wondering if some people prefer the sport if they are going to customize lockers and such. Still an awesome rig.

Reactions: DoggMan1163

Winters Kamp

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Marion, IN, USA
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Winters
Member #

New here! Names Nick! I have always wanted an off road rig. I finally got one! 2012 FJ Cruiser Trail Teams Edition! I also have a YouTube channel called Winters Kamp. I love camping and being outside! Hopefully I can add some more overland adventures to my channel!

Attachments

Reactions: CTO1Mike and Kent R

FjFlores2481

Rank II

Contributor III

Los Angeles, CA, USA
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Flores
Member #

hello everyone my name is Matthew Flores
Located in: Monrovia CA
I drive a 2010 Toyota Fj Cruiser with a stage one icon setup but it is over-due for a rebuild
I have yet to do a long weekend of Overlanding unless you count hunting season. lol
I finally join the forum cause I want to start and go out and just explore these beautiful lands we have.

with all that said I look forward to learning as much as I can from all you users.

Attachments