Crushman

Rank 0

Contributor I

Alberta, Canada
First Name
Troy
Last Name
Snyder
Hey there all , Troy Snyder from Alberta Canada, my current rig is a 2012 jeep rubicon unlimited, setup is afull synergy mfg 3"lift with teraflex alpine arms artec truss and synergy full steering /histeer setup runing 35s ,and a whole bunch of lights and goodies.

Family hasjust got bigger and the jeep is getting less practical so Iam going to start modding my mint condition 2015 ram outdoorsman that only has 28 k kms .
Going with falcon sport/tow level 3.3 shock setulevel with a winch bumper and custom bed rack to carry a 14' john boat ect.

Attachments

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Arlington, WA, USA
First Name
Brie
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
Old Man River here from Portland, Oregon. I am just starting out on my overland adventure. I have two kids and want to teach them what my Dad taught me (fishing, camping, shooting etc.). I am starting with a 2018 Ram 1500 5.7L Hemi. I am a traveling salesman for big CNC equipment and I am on the road a lot with my truck so I plan a lot so that I can drive daily yet still have a great adventure truck. Look forward to many posts as this moves forward.
Welcome to Overland Bound, @Old Man River. It sounds like you have a great perspective on what you want your kids to experience and are going about it the right way. Being based out of the PDX area, you have access to a lot of great trails and places to explore. @Roy & Kristin Zirpoli are the member reps for Western Oregon and are really active in getting people out there. In fact, since you are traveling for work, there are a number of great overlanding events occurring throughout the PNW, so I recommend checking out the Overland Bound NorthWest Region forum [link] for meetups and to get to know your neighbors. Events are also posted on the Rally Point system [link], so you might want to check that out as well.

I look forward to seeing you out there! If you need anything, feel free to hit me up on the forums: @Jedi.

Reactions: DoggMan1163

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey there all , Troy Snyder from Alberta Canada, my current rig is a 2012 jeep rubicon unlimited, setup is afull synergy mfg 3"lift with teraflex alpine arms artec truss and synergy full steering /histeer setup runing 35s ,and a whole bunch of lights and goodies.

Family hasjust got bigger and the jeep is getting less practical so Iam going to start modding my mint condition 2015 ram outdoorsman that only has 28 k kms .
Going with falcon sport/tow level 3.3 shock setulevel with a winch bumper and custom bed rack to carry a 14' john boat ect.
Welcome to Overland Bound

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey. My name is Nick and I’ve been addicted to 4x4’s for 15 years with no plans of giving it up. I’ve had a little bit of everything - Toyota’s, Jeeps, Land Rovers, Trucks. I’m currently on my 3rd Land Cruiser and my wife is on our 3rd 4Runner.

Here’s Lucille, our 2005 Toyota 4Runner Sport:
View attachment 109805

View attachment 109806

And here’s Shirley, our 1987 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ60:
View attachment 109807

View attachment 109808

We reside in the Hill Country of Texas. And as far as overland experience goes? We’re just here to have fun. Been 4-wheeling and camping since I was a little kid, but I learn something new on every trip.
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Don't hesitate to contact either your Regional Director @brien for help or information, or your closest Member Representative is @Prerunner1982

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
It’s my time for the introduction but first thank you for the opportunity to join :)

Names Mike I’m from North Carolina
My overland vehicle of choice is a 2007 Toyota 4Runner sport edition with a 4.7 V8

It’s tastefully modified with lift, BFG tires and 23zero RTT

I’m a regular camper but been more and more enjoying the overlanding lifestyle :)

Look forward to reading the stories and tossing around ideas with fellow members
View attachment 109789
Welcome To Overland Bound

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Old Man River here from Portland, Oregon. I am just starting out on my overland adventure. I have two kids and want to teach them what my Dad taught me (fishing, camping, shooting etc.). I am starting with a 2018 Ram 1500 5.7L Hemi. I am a traveling salesman for big CNC equipment and I am on the road a lot with my truck so I plan a lot so that I can drive daily yet still have a great adventure truck. Look forward to many posts as this moves forward.
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Jedi for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Reactions: Old Man River

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Nick (@NC60), welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. There is a Texas Hill Country Tour this weekend if you are available.
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

As @Kent mentioned I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.

Ichigo

Rank I

Contributor III

Phoenix
First Name
Jeramy
Last Name
R
Greetings from Phoenix!

I have a 2017 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk, a 1996 Land Rover Discovery, and a small custom made over landing trailer that currently holds up my Smittybilt rooftop tent.

So far, just a recreational camper with my family but looking forward to longer, overland adventures.

F3CF6C19-5D46-4B6E-9792-21A129761320.jpeg

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, Nevada, United States
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
Welcome Jeremy!

We all are "So far, just a recreational camper with my family but looking forward to longer, overland adventures. " really, so you will fit right in.....

Jim

Crossoverlander

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Indianapolis, IN
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Manners
Member #

Hey everyone! Just joined with my crossover. Slowly making it a bit more capable for hauling my outdoor gear places

67424072_156308565425691_6956424899678167479_n.jpg65313365_1994018577365266_5311115189972539374_n.jpg65395272_389858821877470_9093956479953115676_n.jpg
2) Location: Central Indiana
3) Rig: 2008 Toyota Highlander AWD as my daily driver and outdoor gear hauler/ car camper
4) Been riding dirtbikes since I was 4, atv's, and buggy's. Novice in a full sized vehicle though. Looking to get an older 4th gen 4runner soon as a toy
(Using my Highlander to haul my outdoor gear: dirtbikes, mtn bikes, kayaks, camping gear etc... but not afraid to get off the pavement)

Just recently took it to Interlake OHV park and went on some beginner trails with it, rocky and dusty and made it with the right line-choice and all Trac-controls off
Would love to do more gravel and dirt road trails, camp more, long drives through national forests, and build community! Always love new gear too

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

Hello and welcome all! It sure is great reading and looking at the great vehicles, the variety of places people are from and people joining our forum! Thank you, all for making this a great site! The best Overland site in my opinion! Vance.

AZHICAUTCO

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

ARIZONA
First Name
Craig
Last Name
Burns
Member #

Just joined. Thankful that this appears different than other forums. Relieved. I live in Arizona and am new to overlanding etc but not to outdoor activities. Love almost anything outside. Mountains to oceans. Got wilderness first aid certified and will probably upgrade to wilderness first responder in a year or so. Bought a Toyota Tacoma TRD ORD. Waiting a bit until parts age before spending big bucks to replace things just because I want them lol. Will be monitoring the forums for gear, mods, trips and clean ups to join. Looking forward to it!

Attachments

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Jeramy (@Ichigo ) and Craig (@AZHICAUTCO ), welcome from Oklahoma. We have had a number of new members from AZ recently, it's a happening place for overlanding it seems.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. Jeramy there was a meet up around Phoenix this past week so keep an eye out for another one in the next month or so hopefully. Craig, not sure where in AZ you may be but if Phoenix doesn't work for you there is also a reoccuring monthly meeting around Tucson.
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.

Enthusiast I

Virginia, USA
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
Bailey
Hey Y'all! Led here by a YouTube video featuring PapaDave's drawer system. I am a total noob. I have a small amount of camping experience, and a small amount of offroading experience and would like to introduce my family to both. I have a 2001 Jeep Cherokee that I am in the middle of swapping engines with. It'll need new rear leafs before I haul anything of significance...like that drawer system even! Right now, the only mod to speak of is a 2 inch budget boost with a few polyurethane bushings here and there to fix the death wobble it once had.

I live in Virginia, nearest to Staunton.20190712_094309.jpg

Last edited:

JoelIII

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Camp Lejeune, NC
First Name
Joel
Last Name
Wasson
Member #

Hey Y'all! Led here by a YouTube video featuring PapaDave's drawer system. I am a total noob. I have a small amount of camping experience, and a small amount of offroading experience and would like to introduce my family to both. I have a 2001 Jeep Cherokee that I am in the middle of swapping engines with. It'll need new rear leafs before I haul anything of significance...like that drawer system even! Right now, the only mod to speak of is a 2 inch budget boost with a few polyurethane bushings here and there to fix the death wobble it once had.

I live in Virginia, nearest to Staunton.
Welcome from NC.

JoelIII

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Camp Lejeune, NC
First Name
Joel
Last Name
Wasson
Member #

Just joined. Thankful that this appears different than other forums. Relieved. I live in Arizona and am new to overlanding etc but not to outdoor activities. Love almost anything outside. Mountains to oceans. Got wilderness first aid certified and will probably upgrade to wilderness first responder in a year or so. Bought a Toyota Tacoma TRD ORD. Waiting a bit until parts age before spending big bucks to replace things just because I want them lol. Will be monitoring the forums for gear, mods, trips and clean ups to join. Looking forward to it!
Welcome from NC.

Reactions: AZHICAUTCO

JoelIII

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Camp Lejeune, NC
First Name
Joel
Last Name
Wasson
Member #

Hey everyone! Just joined with my crossover. Slowly making it a bit more capable for hauling my outdoor gear places

View attachment 109924View attachment 109926View attachment 109925
2) Location: Central Indiana
3) Rig: 2008 Toyota Highlander AWD as my daily driver and outdoor gear hauler/ car camper
4) Been riding dirtbikes since I was 4, atv's, and buggy's. Novice in a full sized vehicle though. Looking to get an older 4th gen 4runner soon as a toy
(Using my Highlander to haul my outdoor gear: dirtbikes, mtn bikes, kayaks, camping gear etc... but not afraid to get off the pavement)

Just recently took it to Interlake OHV park and went on some beginner trails with it, rocky and dusty and made it with the right line-choice and all Trac-controls off
Would love to do more gravel and dirt road trails, camp more, long drives through national forests, and build community! Always love new gear too
Love the rig, welcome from NC!

JoelIII

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Camp Lejeune, NC
First Name
Joel
Last Name
Wasson
Member #

Greetings from Phoenix!

I have a 2017 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk, a 1996 Land Rover Discovery, and a small custom made over landing trailer that currently holds up my Smittybilt rooftop tent.

So far, just a recreational camper with my family but looking forward to longer, overland adventures.

View attachment 109920
Welcome from NC.

Reactions: DoggMan1163