Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone
I’m from Sydney, Australia.
I have a ford ranger 2017.
I use my car for camping and just finding nice places off road.
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Luis Merlo for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Reactions: Luis Merlo

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
New to the site. I'm from that northern corner of Arizona that Arizona doesnt want and Utah wont take. I've been a Toyota fan for years and currently drive a first generation tacoma, have a 1uz powered pickup in the garage, and a few 1st and 2ND gen pickups out back for parts. Im here more to lurk and learn but if I have anything useful to contribute, I'll be happy to.

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @brien . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Since you are so close to our Rocky Mountain Region you might want follow that regional page also they are very active. @Cendee

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone!
Im out here in San Diego, CA
My current rig is a bone stock 2018 hatchback (it's my wife's :0 ) my fr-s couldn't even make it to the dirt lol

Experience? Not much! But here is my first overlanding trip a long time ago at a truck trail in Poway, CA:
Stay blessed

-dori

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Reactions: senpai_Dori

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
New member here from the river parishes region of Louisiana (30 miles West of the Big Easy). I discovered Overland Bound through vlog via Jake Wettern of the YouTube channel "iamjake".

I have no real experience in overlanding per se, but I have done a fair bit of camping and completed the SERE course during my time in the boat units of Naval Special Warfare.

I recently bought this 2019 Toyota 4Runner TRD Off Road as my wife's daily driver with an eye toward slowly making it more and more off road/overland capable. The goal is to outfit the vehicle AND properly educate myself and my son (currently 13 years old) on the skills of off road driving, recovery, etc. within the next five years. The reason for the timeline is we are planning a trip to cross the U.S. on the Trans America Trail between his graduating high school and leaving for college. I would have liked to do this on motorcycles, but I was rear ended by a car while riding a few years back and I'm not quite the same. That combined with the fact that I'm getting old and decrepit just makes a vehicle a better fit.

To that end I look forward to gleaning as much knowledge and experience as I can while returning the favor as I learn to relative beginners who come after me.

View attachment 109692
Welcome To Overland Bound

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
View attachment 109691

Hi there,

Joining in from Dubai in the Middle East looking to DIY my 2012 F-150, next project I'm looking at is my 12v system then I'll move onto my drawers and fridge slider.
We don't have loads of trails here so a lot of my time is spent in the desert or driving south into Oman to find a bit more rugged terrain in the mountains.

Don't hesitate to contact your closest Regional Director @Polaris Overland for help or information.

Reactions: DoggMan1163

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone, another new member. I’m from Far West Texas (El Paso) with no “official” overlanding experience but I have Ben camping for 50+ years some of which was out of the back of a pickup. I mostly camp off the back of my motorcycles and typically use a hammock with trees or a stand that I carry with me.

I’m getting older and I’m in the process of building out my 2001 F250 superduty to allow my wife and I to sleep n a comfortable bed as well as provide the basics of Overlanding capability.

Thanks for letting me join the group, looking forward to learning from everyone.

Kevin

Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @brien . Your closest Member Representative if @Prerunner1982

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone,
Just wanted to introduce myself.
Born and raised in California. Currently in the Bay area, but making plans to leave. My gf and I are planning to drive the Pan American highway south to Ushuaia next year. No rig yet, but learning towards a Toyota land cruiser with a RTT. Im a novice when it comes to overlanding in a vehicle, but I'm familiar with long term travel, crossed the Asia/Europe continent on a bicycle. I need to learn how to change a tire! :)

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. Your Member Representative is @Magic Mike

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Kevin (@FJRpilot ), welcome from Oklahoma.
I see you have already found the SW Region member area and have checked into the West Texas members roll call thread. We have a number of members out that way.
You aren't all that far (somewhat relative given the size of Texas) from the start of the Enchanted Rockies Trail (Enchanted Rockies Trail - Lifestyle Overland)
And you may also be interested in the How to Enjoy Texas thread (https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/how-to-enjoy-texas.21554/#post-304489)
@Laud, Roger, and Tim also did some video of their circumnavigational trip around Texas that you may enjoy. Here is the first video in their 8 video series: https://youtu.be/8UIq-IEH7xg

As @Kent R said I am one of the SW Region member reps so if I can help you in anyway let me know.

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hello everyone,
Born and raised in California. Currently in the Bay area, but making plans to leave. My gf and I are planning to drive the Pan American highway south to Ushuaia next year. No rig yet, but learning towards a Toyota land cruiser with a RTT. Im a novice when it comes to overlanding in a vehicle, but I'm familiar with long term travel, crossed the Asia/Europe continent on a bicycle. I need to learn how to change a tire! :)
good Morning and welcome to Overland Bound. As @Kent R stated I am your West member Representative and if you have any questions or concerns feel free to contact me @Magic Mike. There are several meet-ups within driving distance from the Bay Area. Check Rally Points and the meetup threads for info. Look forward to seeing you out there.

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

Hello everyone. My name is Jacob, I'm 32 Toyota technician that want to get start into the hobby.
My current rig will be my 1996 dodge ram 2500 4x4 with 5.9 gas.
Current experience is hiking, camping, atv riding and 4 wheeling. Plan to explore north american and one day Australia.
Located East Wenatchee Washington
OnehandyMofo,
Jacob, welcome to our great group! I was gone over this last weekend camping up at Kaner Flat Campground up 410 out of Yakima. I had my 99’ Dodge with my Alaskan Camper! I am slowly building up a 3rd. Gen. 4Runner! Let me know if I can help in any way? Want to do a week day or weekend trip, let’s get together! With enough notice, I can invite others close by and on our site! Glad to have you here in the area and on Overland Bound! Did you see the trip here by Lake Chelan, going for this Labor Day Weekend? Going to South Navarre Campground. Vance.

Dustinfromohio

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Wooster, OH, USA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Parsons
Glad to see another Ohioian! I've only been up to Wooster once but it seemed like a nice area. Any good trails/spots up there?
You know, there is some great hiking/kayaking up in the Cuyahoga valley NP and at Mohican but there really isn’t much in the way of 4x4 stuff in or near Wayne county unfortunately. I’ve heard good things about Southington Offroad park but haven’t been yet. My next local trip is probably to SE Ohio to poke around Washington county in the Marietta portion of Wayne National Forest. Hit me up if you want to make a day of it some weekend this fall!

blackiestone

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Eureka, CA, USA
First Name
Laura
Last Name
Manzanilla
Member #

Hello everyone,
cool, sounds like you have an adventure ahead. I saw this great water filter review on youtube. Sounds like something you'll want to look into if you are traveling south. Check it out here:

Old Man River

Rank 0

Contributor I

Beaverton
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Allison
Old Man River here from Portland, Oregon. I am just starting out on my overland adventure. I have two kids and want to teach them what my Dad taught me (fishing, camping, shooting etc.). I am starting with a 2018 Ram 1500 5.7L Hemi. I am a traveling salesman for big CNC equipment and I am on the road a lot with my truck so I plan a lot so that I can drive daily yet still have a great adventure truck. Look forward to many posts as this moves forward.

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Old Man River here from Portland, Oregon. I am just starting out on my overland adventure. I have two kids and want to teach them what my Dad taught me (fishing, camping, shooting etc.). I am starting with a 2018 Ram 1500 5.7L Hemi. I am a traveling salesman for big CNC equipment and I am on the road a lot with my truck so I plan a lot so that I can drive daily yet still have a great adventure truck. Look forward to many posts as this moves forward.
Welcome to Overland Bound

oldsking

Rank 0

Contributor I

North Carolina, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Landrove
It’s my time for the introduction but first thank you for the opportunity to join :)

Names Mike I’m from North Carolina
My overland vehicle of choice is a 2007 Toyota 4Runner sport edition with a 4.7 V8

It’s tastefully modified with lift, BFG tires and 23zero RTT

I’m a regular camper but been more and more enjoying the overlanding lifestyle :)

Look forward to reading the stories and tossing around ideas with fellow members
8B7B228D-3222-4706-AF76-50A708C8C067.jpeg

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

It’s my time for the introduction but first thank you for the opportunity to join :)

Names Mike I’m from North Carolina
My overland vehicle of choice is a 2007 Toyota 4Runner sport edition with a 4.7 V8

It’s tastefully modified with lift, BFG tires and 23zero RTT

I’m a regular camper but been more and more enjoying the overlanding lifestyle :)

Look forward to reading the stories and tossing around ideas with fellow members
View attachment 109789
Welcome oldsking,
Glad you found this site of great like minded enthusiasts! You have a nice setup there! Hope we cross paths on some adventure. Vance.

NC60

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

San Antonio, TX, USA
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Coxwell
Member #

Hey. My name is Nick and I’ve been addicted to 4x4’s for 15 years with no plans of giving it up. I’ve had a little bit of everything - Toyota’s, Jeeps, Land Rovers, Trucks. I’m currently on my 3rd Land Cruiser and my wife is on our 3rd 4Runner.

Here’s Lucille, our 2005 Toyota 4Runner Sport:
11AEB98C-2C2B-4CEB-B214-9CC6E2753EC0.jpeg

F20BA829-5778-4890-8FC9-D7A3D8930647.jpeg

And here’s Shirley, our 1987 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ60:
59E594A0-D482-40DC-8548-9F29F2B66E84.jpeg

8AF06296-D9CB-46CD-BDB2-80BE922C6C26.jpeg

We reside in the Hill Country of Texas. And as far as overland experience goes? We’re just here to have fun. Been 4-wheeling and camping since I was a little kid, but I learn something new on every trip.

DoggMan1163

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Big Sandy, TX, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Beard
Member #

That would make me mad a too. I'm hoping since Tacoma's have such a good rep and live long lives, we'll not have to worry about the warranty, but with that said, we are probably going to wait a year before we go on our long overland trip. Then we will have to decide. Do you think the same issue is with the bumper? We want to add a swing out and are thinking of a full bumper swing out unit. Thoughts?
What I think is that if thay dont approve the product and get to put it on then void warranty I've not had a lick of problems with my Taco enjoy the heck out of it I'll get to the back bumper eventually but 4 now I'm just chilling for now on upgrade anything else and get the ones I have now paid off my Taco has about 5000. In upgrades and I have about 5000. More planned

Reactions: 4wheelspulling

DoggMan1163

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Big Sandy, TX, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Beard
Member #

Cool. Question, why did you choose the sport over the off-road? Curious.
It was a impulse buy I was driving by the dealership saw this truck and fell instantly in love with it turned my jeep around went back and bought it didn't even haggle over the price not regretted it one bit. After I bought it I've learned about the difference in the Tacoma's had I done a bunch of research before buying I might have gone with the pro but like I said I love my sport taco and she's getting better looking all the time lol

Reactions: 4wheelspulling