Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone. My name is Jacob, I'm 32 Toyota technician that want to get start into the hobby.
My current rig will be my 1996 dodge ram 2500 4x4 with 5.9 gas.
Current experience is hiking, camping, atv riding and 4 wheeling. Plan to explore north american and one day Australia.
Located East Wenatchee Washington
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Jedi for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello All! My name is Matt, I'm a 20 y/o Firefighter/EMT that is just getting into the hobby.
My current rig is a 2000 Ram 3500 4x4 w/ the 488 Magnum V10.
My experience is hiking, camping, and my need for a vehicle I can live out of for re-enacting travels.
I'd love to meet anyone in the Ohio area and see what we can do around here!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Mike W . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Arlington, WA, USA
First Name
Brie
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
Hello everyone. My name is Jacob, I'm 32 Toyota technician that want to get start into the hobby.
My current rig will be my 1996 dodge ram 2500 4x4 with 5.9 gas.
Current experience is hiking, camping, atv riding and 4 wheeling. Plan to explore north american and one day Australia.
Located East Wenatchee Washington
Welcome to Overland Bound, @OnehandyMofo! That is a great looking Ram. Very clean for something 20+ years old... the sign of a great owner.

There are a number of great overlanding events occurring throughout the PNW, so I recommend checking out the Overland Bound NorthWest Region forum [link] for meetups and to get to know your neighbors. Your local Member Rep, @4wheelspulling, can give you specific information on who and what is happening in your area. Events are also posted on the Rally Point system [link], so you might want to check that out as well.

I look forward to seeing you out there! If you need anything, feel free to hit me up on the forums: @Jedi.

JoelIII

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Camp Lejeune, NC
First Name
Joel
Last Name
Wasson
Member #

Hello everyone,
Just wanted to introduce myself.
Born and raised in California. Currently in the Bay area, but making plans to leave. My gf and I are planning to drive the Pan American highway south to Ushuaia next year. No rig yet, but learning towards a Toyota land cruiser with a RTT. Im a novice when it comes to overlanding in a vehicle, but I'm familiar with long term travel, crossed the Asia/Europe continent on a bicycle. I need to learn how to change a tire! :)
Welcome from NC.

FJRpilot

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

El Paso
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Scott
Member #

Hello everyone, another new member. I’m from Far West Texas (El Paso) with no “official” overlanding experience but I have Ben camping for 50+ years some of which was out of the back of a pickup. I mostly camp off the back of my motorcycles and typically use a hammock with trees or a stand that I carry with me.

I’m getting older and I’m in the process of building out my 2001 F250 superduty to allow my wife and I to sleep n a comfortable bed as well as provide the basics of Overlanding capability.

Thanks for letting me join the group, looking forward to learning from everyone.

Kevin

JoelIII

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Camp Lejeune, NC
First Name
Joel
Last Name
Wasson
Member #

Hello everyone, another new member. I’m from Far West Texas (El Paso) with no “official” overlanding experience but I have Ben camping for 50+ years some of which was out of the back of a pickup. I mostly camp off the back of my motorcycles and typically use a hammock with trees or a stand that I carry with me.

I’m getting older and I’m in the process of building out my 2001 F250 superduty to allow my wife and I to sleep n a comfortable bed as well as provide the basics of Overlanding capability.

Thanks for letting me join the group, looking forward to learning from everyone.

Kevin
Welcome from NC.

Reactions: DoggMan1163

DoggMan1163

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Big Sandy, TX, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Beard
Member #

Kevin
Welcome to the best days of your life

Reactions: blackiestone

DoggMan1163

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Big Sandy, TX, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Beard
Member #

Oh that has been the big discussion here. To void not to void. Appreciate your warning well step lightly into that world.
What made me mad about it was that I had asked the dealership beforehand if it would void any warranty and was told no since there was no electronics in the bumper and as long as I didn't do anything to change the ride height or block the sensor in the grille

blackiestone

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Eureka, CA, USA
First Name
Laura
Last Name
Manzanilla
Member #

What made me mad about it was that I had asked the dealership beforehand if it would void any warranty and was told no since there was no electronics in the bumper and as long as I didn't do anything to change the ride height or block the sensor in the grille
That would make me mad a too. I'm hoping since Tacoma's have such a good rep and live long lives, we'll not have to worry about the warranty, but with that said, we are probably going to wait a year before we go on our long overland trip. Then we will have to decide. Do you think the same issue is with the bumper? We want to add a swing out and are thinking of a full bumper swing out unit. Thoughts?

Reactions: DoggMan1163

ItsMeStuart

Rank 0

Contributor I

United Arab Emirates
First Name
Stuart
Last Name
Rafferty
DSC02057.jpg

Hi there,

Joining in from Dubai in the Middle East looking to DIY my 2012 F-150, next project I'm looking at is my 12v system then I'll move onto my drawers and fridge slider.
We don't have loads of trails here so a lot of my time is spent in the desert or driving south into Oman to find a bit more rugged terrain in the mountains.

Big Easy Overland

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

LaPlace, LA, USA
First Name
Edward
Last Name
Wingard
Member #

New member here from the river parishes region of Louisiana (30 miles West of the Big Easy). I discovered Overland Bound through vlog via Jake Wettern of the YouTube channel "iamjake".

I have no real experience in overlanding per se, but I have done a fair bit of camping and completed the SERE course during my time in the boat units of Naval Special Warfare.

I recently bought this 2019 Toyota 4Runner TRD Off Road as my wife's daily driver with an eye toward slowly making it more and more off road/overland capable. The goal is to outfit the vehicle AND properly educate myself and my son (currently 13 years old) on the skills of off road driving, recovery, etc. within the next five years. The reason for the timeline is we are planning a trip to cross the U.S. on the Trans America Trail between his graduating high school and leaving for college. I would have liked to do this on motorcycles, but I was rear ended by a car while riding a few years back and I'm not quite the same. That combined with the fact that I'm getting old and decrepit just makes a vehicle a better fit.

To that end I look forward to gleaning as much knowledge and experience as I can while returning the favor as I learn to relative beginners who come after me.

20190725_194936.jpg

Azdirtdemon

Rank 0

Contributor I

St. George, UT 84790, USA
First Name
Charles
Last Name
mickelsen
New to the site. I'm from that northern corner of Arizona that Arizona doesnt want and Utah wont take. I've been a Toyota fan for years and currently drive a first generation tacoma, have a 1uz powered pickup in the garage, and a few 1st and 2ND gen pickups out back for parts. Im here more to lurk and learn but if I have anything useful to contribute, I'll be happy to.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
G'Day from Coffs Harbour, NSW, Australia.
Currently have an 80 Series Landcruiser and a couple of old Hiluxs.
Been in the local 4wd scene for ages and keen for touring/expedition/overlanding scene.
In Australia we seem to be getting a few of the 'American' trucks, so keen for ideas, hints and tips.

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Luis Merlo for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Reactions: Luis Merlo