Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
1)View attachment 107146

2) 2017 BMW F800 GSA

3) From west Michigan currently living in metro Detroit

4)I’ve been backpacking for a long time so I figure I’d upgrade to a bike!
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Mike W . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all, first time caller, long time listener! I've flirted with this lifestyle for a while and am now fully committing to it and surprisingly my wife is on board with this (she's been adamant that I develop a hobby lately...she may regret that!)

My rig is a '14 Jeep JKU on 35s with the associated items you would find on a capable off-road platform. It's not what I would call a beast, but I'm confident it has the basic capabilities to get me through 98% of what I'll encounter out there. I would classify my "true" overloading experience as novice, however between a combination of Boy Scouts as a kid, 20 years in the Army, and a lifetime of enjoying everything that the great outdoors has to offer in a wide variety of environments I would classify my overall knowledge and skill as experienced.

I've got a wonderful family of a patient wife and two kids (son, 14 and a daughter, 10). My kids absolutely enjoy being outdoors with me so I am excited to include them in these adventures.

Currently I'm in the Central Texas area and I'm looking forward to linking up with fellow outdoor enthusiasts. Eventually I am planning to return back home to East Tennessee.

gp

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Southwest Region in Texas and in Tennessee it will be the Southeast, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Currently your Regional Director is @brien and in Tennessee it will be @AdventureWithDanan . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone my name is Tony, lookin forward to be apart of an awesome community!

Location Bay Area
Rig 2019 Toyota 4runner TRD off road
Overlanding Experience Novice

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. Your closest Member Representative is @Magic Mike

Reactions: Lost.Pineapple

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello, this is Ema and Ryan. We are out of MA and our rig is a 2010 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited.
We are new to Over landing but very exited to start our adventures this weekend!!View attachment 107121

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Hank Outdoors for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Just joined up! Looking forward to any knowledge I can either pass on or receive from other members. I’m located in a Kinston NC and drive a LR Discovery 2 with 5in lift and some other goodies.View attachment 107071View attachment 107072

Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Reactions: disco2

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey guys! Just bought a membership and looking to take a few trips across the country in the next 2-3 years. I'm in the SE and going to start exploring the Georgia/Tennessee area before heading out west. I excited to learn from the more experienced members here! Currently in a 4Runner TRD PRO that I'm slowly building up as the needs arise.

Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Reactions: The_Endless_Search

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Joey from bridge creek Oklahoma here.

Been camping for years, and off-roading.

My current rig is a stock 2007 FJ cruiser.
View attachment 107051
View attachment 107052

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Taco_tross

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Levittown, PA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Albanowski
Member #

Hey guys, new to this forum and new to overlanding, but not so new to off-roading. Had an Xj in the past that I built and had fun in the woods with but would never have trusted it to go any type of actual distance. Lol

I’m from Levittown, PA and would love to find trails near me, I have a 2019 Tacoma, lifted, wheels/tires, and just ordered sliders. Only picture I have is a stock one, nobody cares about that. Lol

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Robertson County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

Hello, this is Ema and Ryan. We are out of MA and our rig is a 2010 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited.
We are new to Over landing but very exited to start our adventures this weekend!!View attachment 107121
Welcome to OB and the East Region!
If you have any questions or want help planning a trip or meetup of your own feel free to message me.

When looking for events near you check the Calendar at:
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/calendar
Looking for a meetup? Check this link:
Overland Bound Meetups
Looking for the U.S. East Forum? Check this link:
U.S. East (VA WV MD DE NJ PA NY CT RI MA NH VT ME)

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Robertson County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

Hey guys, new to this forum and new to overlanding, but not so new to off-roading. Had an Xj in the past that I built and had fun in the woods with but would never have trusted it to go any type of actual distance. Lol

I’m from Levittown, PA and would love to find trails near me, I have a 2019 Tacoma, lifted, wheels/tires, and just ordered sliders. Only picture I have is a stock one, nobody cares about that. Lol
Wharton State Forest has some good trails near you and maybe we will see you at the Mid Atlantic Overland Festival in August (Link).

If you have any questions or want help planning a trip or meetup of your own feel free to message me or @Wawa Skittletits your local Member Rep.

Overland Bound Meetups

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Reactions: disco2

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Hello everyone!
I'm Ryan, I'm stationed in North Carolina and have been an outdoorsman all my life.
I'm new to the world of overlanding but I guess if you count military experience, I've been an over overlander for quite some time.
My rig is a 2001 Discovery with 250000 miles. I'm beginning to start upgrading it with cool toys but have been successful without anything this far.
I look forward to learning all I can about this amazing hobby.
View attachment 107186
Welcome! Awesome Disco. I've got the brother, a '01 P38.

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Wharton State Forest has some good trails near you and maybe we will see you at the Mid Atlantic Overland Festival in August (Link).

If you have any questions or want help planning a trip or meetup of your own feel free to message me or @Wawa Skittletits your local Member Rep.

Overland Bound Meetups
Hank, I have to say, I love your rig. Everytime I see you reply to a comment on here, I always find myself stopping to look at the photo.

Reactions: Hank Outdoors

AnInterestingLifeOverland

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Leicester, UK
First Name
Cole
Last Name
Stage
Member #

Hujambo! I'm Henry Cole Stage, my friends and family call me "Cole". I have a few miles of overland expeditions under my belt and am currently planning more. A LOT more! I'm retired US Navy intel CPO and lived in the UK for 15 years. I retired out and stayed on there as a contractor on my base. From there I have done long distance overland expeditions, off-road racing, and general 4x4 mayhem on several continents. In 2002 I did an overland expedition in a 1992 Hummer H1 that I bought from a shaykh in Bahrain all the way to London. That trip included Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Syria, Turkey, Greece, Italy, France, ending in Britain. It was the event that got me nominated for and selected as a Fellow of the Royal Geographical Society, London.

Since then I have raced that same H1 (much modified!) in two Tuareg Rallye races in Morocco. I have also raced down the length of Baja in the NORRA Mexican 1000. That is a five day rallye style race, not the current point to point SCORE Baja 1K. I've owned many Series Land Rover 109's and 110's and used them in expedtions large and small. Currently, I am vastly modifying and preparing a 1987 LR 110 V8 station wagon in the UK for a year-long expedition in southern and eastern Africa. I have spent a great deal of time in Africa and it's my favourite place in the world. That trip will start in approximately 2.5 years and cover South Africa, Namibia, Botswana, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Malawi, Tanzania and possibly Kenya.

Current Rigs include 2013 Jeep JKU, 1989 Ford F350 Ex-USAF 4x4 ambulance motorhome, and the aforementioned LR 110 in the UK. My baja race is recently no more and much missed! Pics below are from (in order) Baja, Morocco, Bahrain (that's the Tree of Life in the background!), Saudi Arabia, France, and lastly, the Mojave Road head towards the Colorado River in SoCal.

FB_IMG_1494295885894.jpghummer in dunes (1).JPGPICT0243.JPGPICT0263.JPGPICT0482.JPGBetty on the Mojave Rd (1).jpg

I'm looking forward to meeting new friends here in SoCal who are also interested in weekend camping trips, holiday excursions, and all the way up to major global expeditions. Cheers!

Fronicator

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Whitestown, IN, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Fronek
Member #

Hey everyone! New to the forum.
Vehicle: 2018 4Runner
Skill: Novice

I rock climb very frequently in the Red River Gorge and Daniel Boone National Forest area in Kentucky and finally got sick of the long hikes to the wall because I drove a sedan. So I upgrade this year and realized I had as much fun driving to the climbing area as I did climbing. Haven't done the Daniel Boone Back Country Byway yet, but I intend to explore part of it this summer. I look forward to learning about the community.

Helipilot2

Rank 0

Contributor I

Oklahoma City
First Name
Cameron
Last Name
Woody
Hey guys and gals, another newbie post
Vehicle: 2019 Tundra
Skill: Moderate

I have absolutely zero overland experience but sold my built CJ5 in October which sat on one tons, full hydro steer, 40s, the works. I have spent the last few years doing more advanced crawling in that Jeep but decided to part ways with it since I wasn't using it as much as I would like. Decided to go a different route so the wife and I are building the Tundra as my DD and our weekend vehicle. Full skids front to back are on order, waiting on the lift to be approved for the 2019s, will sit on 35s the first year while I focus on other mods and then will step up to 37s, 4.88s and a rear locker. Bumpers, winch, and sliders will be on around fall, waiting on Victory 4x4 to release their new Tundra full replacement bumpers. As of now I think I am going to opt for the half rack with a tent on it to keep my CG down as much as possible without sticking stuff on the roof. Planning on dabbling with Gaia this next week to see how that all works, I work 7 on 7 off so hoping to meet some people I can enjoy some trips with.

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hello everyone!
I'm Ryan, I'm stationed in North Carolina and have been an outdoorsman all my life.
I'm new to the world of overlanding but I guess if you count military experience, I've been an over overlander for quite some time.
My rig is a 2001 Discovery with 250000 miles. I'm beginning to start upgrading it with cool toys but have been successful without anything this far.
I look forward to learning all I can about this amazing hobby.
View attachment 107186
Welcome to Overland Bound

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hey guys and gals, another newbie post
Vehicle: 2019 Tundra
Skill: Moderate

I have absolutely zero overland experience but sold my built CJ5 in October which sat on one tons, full hydro steer, 40s, the works. I have spent the last few years doing more advanced crawling in that Jeep but decided to part ways with it since I wasn't using it as much as I would like. Decided to go a different route so the wife and I are building the Tundra as my DD and our weekend vehicle. Full skids front to back are on order, waiting on the lift to be approved for the 2019s, will sit on 35s the first year while I focus on other mods and then will step up to 37s, 4.88s and a rear locker. Bumpers, winch, and sliders will be on around fall, waiting on Victory 4x4 to release their new Tundra full replacement bumpers. As of now I think I am going to opt for the half rack with a tent on it to keep my CG down as much as possible without sticking stuff on the roof. Planning on dabbling with Gaia this next week to see how that all works, I work 7 on 7 off so hoping to meet some people I can enjoy some trips with.
Welcome to Overland Bound

Reactions: Helipilot2