Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hey everyone! New to the forum.
Vehicle: 2018 4Runner
Skill: Novice

I rock climb very frequently in the Red River Gorge and Daniel Boone National Forest area in Kentucky and finally got sick of the long hikes to the wall because I drove a sedan. So I upgrade this year and realized I had as much fun driving to the climbing area as I did climbing. Haven't done the Daniel Boone Back Country Byway yet, but I intend to explore part of it this summer. I look forward to learning about the community.
Welcome to Ovlerland Bound

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hi everyone my name is Tony, lookin forward to be apart of an awesome community!

Location Bay Area
Rig 2019 Toyota 4runner TRD off road
Overlanding Experience Novice
Welcome to Overland Bound. Glad to see you here, as @Kent R stated I am your member representative and if you have any questions feel free to contact me at @Magic Mike. You can also contact our Regional Director @Narbob.

Funny because I grew up in a place not far from you, A place most people have never heard of (El Sobrante)...

M.H.Mc-G

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

Cedar City, Utah 84721 USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
McGahan
Member #

Hi everyone. Currently in Salt Lake City, but may be moving south soon. I drive a 2002 Isuzu Rodeo LS. I got it for the snow early last year and soon discovered that 4wd is awesome and has so much potential! I'm slowly building up the rig.
Only a few weekend adventures/day trips under my belt, but I'm excited to be a part of this community and am looking forward to many more adventures to come!
IMG_3226.JPG

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Robertson County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

Hi everyone, excited to be part of the community and hope to learn everything we can. We recently purchased another Jeep and excited for the adventures to come!
Welcome to OB and the East Region!
If you have any questions or want help planning a trip or meetup of your own feel free to message me or @Team Harrington your local Member Rep.

When looking for events near you check the Calendar at:
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/calendar
Looking for a meetup? Check this link:
Overland Bound Meetups
Looking for the U.S. East Forum? Check this link:
U.S. East (VA WV MD DE NJ PA NY CT RI MA NH VT ME)

Rambin Fever Overland

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Pennsburg, PA, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Harrington
Member #

Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Hank Outdoors _. The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.
Thanks for the info!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone. Currently in Salt Lake City, but may be moving south soon. I drive a 2002 Isuzu Rodeo LS. I got it for the snow early last year and soon discovered that 4wd is awesome and has so much potential! I'm slowly building up the rig.
Only a few weekend adventures/day trips under my belt, but I'm excited to be a part of this community and am looking forward to many more adventures to come!
View attachment 107270

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Cendee for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone, excited to be part of the community and hope to learn everything we can. We recently purchased another Jeep and excited for the adventures to come!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Hank Outdoors for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi,
Recently joined the forum completely new to Overlanding. Recently purchased a used 4th gen 4Runner & loving it.

- Rig: 2006 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4WD, V8 engine, completely stock.
- Overlanding Experience Background: Novice - Just done a bit of "car-camping"View attachment 107265

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. Your closest Member Representative is @Magic Mike

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey guys and gals, another newbie post
Vehicle: 2019 Tundra
Skill: Moderate

I have absolutely zero overland experience but sold my built CJ5 in October which sat on one tons, full hydro steer, 40s, the works. I have spent the last few years doing more advanced crawling in that Jeep but decided to part ways with it since I wasn't using it as much as I would like. Decided to go a different route so the wife and I are building the Tundra as my DD and our weekend vehicle. Full skids front to back are on order, waiting on the lift to be approved for the 2019s, will sit on 35s the first year while I focus on other mods and then will step up to 37s, 4.88s and a rear locker. Bumpers, winch, and sliders will be on around fall, waiting on Victory 4x4 to release their new Tundra full replacement bumpers. As of now I think I am going to opt for the half rack with a tent on it to keep my CG down as much as possible without sticking stuff on the roof. Planning on dabbling with Gaia this next week to see how that all works, I work 7 on 7 off so hoping to meet some people I can enjoy some trips with.

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @brien for help or information. Your Member Representatives are @Prerunner1982 & @Iwata77

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone! New to the forum.
Vehicle: 2018 4Runner
Skill: Novice

I rock climb very frequently in the Red River Gorge and Daniel Boone National Forest area in Kentucky and finally got sick of the long hikes to the wall because I drove a sedan. So I upgrade this year and realized I had as much fun driving to the climbing area as I did climbing. Haven't done the Daniel Boone Back Country Byway yet, but I intend to explore part of it this summer. I look forward to learning about the community.

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Mike W . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hujambo! I'm Henry Cole Stage, my friends and family call me "Cole". I have a few miles of overland expeditions under my belt and am currently planning more. A LOT more! I'm retired US Navy intel CPO and lived in the UK for 15 years. I retired out and stayed on there as a contractor on my base. From there I have done long distance overland expeditions, off-road racing, and general 4x4 mayhem on several continents. In 2002 I did an overland expedition in a 1992 Hummer H1 that I bought from a shaykh in Bahrain all the way to London. That trip included Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Syria, Turkey, Greece, Italy, France, ending in Britain. It was the event that got me nominated for and selected as a Fellow of the Royal Geographical Society, London.

Since then I have raced that same H1 (much modified!) in two Tuareg Rallye races in Morocco. I have also raced down the length of Baja in the NORRA Mexican 1000. That is a five day rallye style race, not the current point to point SCORE Baja 1K. I've owned many Series Land Rover 109's and 110's and used them in expedtions large and small. Currently, I am vastly modifying and preparing a 1987 LR 110 V8 station wagon in the UK for a year-long expedition in southern and eastern Africa. I have spent a great deal of time in Africa and it's my favourite place in the world. That trip will start in approximately 2.5 years and cover South Africa, Namibia, Botswana, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Malawi, Tanzania and possibly Kenya.

Current Rigs include 2013 Jeep JKU, 1989 Ford F350 Ex-USAF 4x4 ambulance motorhome, and the aforementioned LR 110 in the UK. My baja race is recently no more and much missed! Pics below are from (in order) Baja, Morocco, Bahrain (that's the Tree of Life in the background!), Saudi Arabia, France, and lastly, the Mojave Road head towards the Colorado River in SoCal.

View attachment 107247View attachment 107249View attachment 107250View attachment 107251View attachment 107252View attachment 107253

I'm looking forward to meeting new friends here in SoCal who are also interested in weekend camping trips, holiday excursions, and all the way up to major global expeditions. Cheers!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Polaris Overland for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey guys, new to this forum and new to overlanding, but not so new to off-roading. Had an Xj in the past that I built and had fun in the woods with but would never have trusted it to go any type of actual distance. Lol

I’m from Levittown, PA and would love to find trails near me, I have a 2019 Tacoma, lifted, wheels/tires, and just ordered sliders. Only picture I have is a stock one, nobody cares about that. Lol

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Hank Outdoors for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

AnInterestingLifeOverland

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Leicester, UK
First Name
Cole
Last Name
Stage
Member #

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Polaris Overland for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.
Hi Kent, and thanks for the welcome! I appreciate the link to the UK Regional Director and will certainly contact him when I return in November. However, though I spend a lot of time in both places, I am mostly in San Pedro, CA. I would very much like a link to whoever would be the regional director for me here. Many thanks!!

Reactions: Narbob

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi Kent, and thanks for the welcome! I appreciate the link to the UK Regional Director and will certainly contact him when I return in November. However, though I spend a lot of time in both places, I am mostly in San Pedro, CA. I would very much like a link to whoever would be the regional director for me here. Many thanks!!
Your Regional Director is @Narbob . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

You are in the West Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Overland Bound Meetups

Narbob

US West Region Director
Staff member
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

Culver City California
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Brann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6W0A
Hi Henry, we have a LA/WLA meetup the second Saturday of month and you’re welcome to join us. However, this month we’ll be in Big Bear for an Adopt A Trail. Hope to see you next month! Feel free to reach out to your Member Representative @Magic Mike, or me, your Regional Director, @Narbob, anytime.

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Cameron (@Helipilot2), I thought your name sounded familiar and see that you were in RDJ. Sounds like you are building quite the dual purpose rig and likely one of the larger ones here. Can't wait to see how it turns out.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. There is a meet up for the OKC area coming up this Saturday if you are able to make it. US Southwest - Rigs @ Norman Cars & Coffee
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am one of the SW Region Member Reps so if you have any questions let me know.

Reactions: Helipilot2