Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi,

Newbie from Norway here... (Rogaland)

No advanced overlanding experience on my side - except for camping roadtrips...

Hope to get a 4x4 sometimes in the future but for now an old Toyota Avensis Verso has to do it.
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Don't hesitate to contact your closest Regional Director @Polaris Overland for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Reactions: Kell

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Howdy from Central Florida.
New to the overland life but not new to camping or "roughing it".
Rig: 2019 Toyota Tundra TRD 4x4 Off-Road

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Joey , welcome! When I saw the user name I figured you had to be from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. There is a meet up planned for this coming Saturday in Norman. Rigs @ Norman Cars & Coffee
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.

Reactions: RedDirtJoe405

The_Endless_Search

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

Destin, FL, USA
First Name
Clayton
Last Name
T
Member #

Hey guys! Just bought a membership and looking to take a few trips across the country in the next 2-3 years. I'm in the SE and going to start exploring the Georgia/Tennessee area before heading out west. I'm excited to learn from the more experienced members here! Currently in a 4Runner TRD PRO that I'm slowly building up as the needs arise.

Last edited:

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hey guys! Just bought a membership and looking to take a few trips across the country in the next 2-3 years. I'm in the SE and going to start exploring the Georgia/Tennessee area before heading out west. I excited to learn from the more experienced members here! Currently in a 4Runner TRD PRO that I'm slowly building up as the needs arise.
Welcome to Overland to Overland Bound

ItchyFeetOverland

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Modena, Italy
First Name
Nigel
Last Name
Betts
Member #

Hello and welcome, I'm doing the same but two year's after you, have you thought of doing the TAT across the US as well?
Hi there. Thanks for the welcome. I have a rough plan to try and incorporate some sections of the TAT but we have a lot of ground to cover before the visa runs out!

gptigers

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Maryville, TN, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
WPs
Member #

Hello all, first time caller, long time listener! I've flirted with this lifestyle for a while and am now fully committing to it and surprisingly my wife is on board with this (she's been adamant that I develop a hobby lately...she may regret that!)

My rig is a '14 Jeep JKU on 35s with the associated items you would find on a capable off-road platform. It's not what I would call a beast, but I'm confident it has the basic capabilities to get me through 98% of what I'll encounter out there. I would classify my "true" overloading experience as novice, however between a combination of Boy Scouts as a kid, 20 years in the Army, and a lifetime of enjoying everything that the great outdoors has to offer in a wide variety of environments I would classify my overall knowledge and skill as experienced.

I've got a wonderful family of a patient wife and two kids (son, 14 and a daughter, 10). My kids absolutely enjoy being outdoors with me so I am excited to include them in these adventures.

Currently I'm in the Central Texas area and I'm looking forward to linking up with fellow outdoor enthusiasts. Eventually I am planning to return back home to East Tennessee.

gp

Elgringo99

Rank 0

Contributor I

Vass, NC, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Smith
Hello everyone!
I'm Ryan, I'm stationed in North Carolina and have been an outdoorsman all my life.
I'm new to the world of overlanding but I guess if you count military experience, I've been an over overlander for quite some time.
My rig is a 2001 Discovery with 250000 miles. I'm beginning to start upgrading it with cool toys but have been successful without anything this far.
I look forward to learning all I can about this amazing hobby.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone!
I'm Ryan, I'm stationed in North Carolina and have been an outdoorsman all my life.
I'm new to the world of overlanding but I guess if you count military experience, I've been an over overlander for quite some time.
My rig is a 2001 Discovery with 250000 miles. I'm beginning to start upgrading it with cool toys but have been successful without anything this far.
I look forward to learning all I can about this amazing hobby.
View attachment 107186

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
High everyone,,
Rig: 2016 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Experience: novice , been out in a few easy trips for hiking and camping. Looking forward to making some trips and learning a lotView attachment 107156

Overland Bound Meetups

There are three meet-ups in your area if you are interested, it is on the meet-up page of the forum and the calendar.
Sierra Foothills Overlanders monthly meeting.
US West - Sierra Foothills Overlanders Monthly OLB meet-up/meeting. NEW LOCATION
If you have any questions about this meet-up message @Kent R on the forum.

Gold Country Monthly Meet-up. Auburn CA
Gold Country Monthly Meetup
Contact is @Magic Mike

Central California Monthly Meet-up Ripon/Modesto area;
US West - Central California Monthly Meet Up
Contact is @PapaDave

Your Regional Director is @Narbob and the closest Member Representative is @Magic Mike.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello!
Looking forward to this new adventure!
-Located in the Lake County (Lake Bluff) area
-2019 Toyota 4Runner TRD PRO
-Rookie but always wanted to get out with others and see what awaits around the cornerView attachment 107155

Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Mike W . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.