Reno, Nevada, United States
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
Howdy, name is Sean, out of Simi Valley California. I LOVE NATURE. I work for the motion picture industry as a grip. In 22 years of working I had my first planned vacation in 2018. I now know I must get out more. I've been building a pretty neat rig out of a 2013 Subaru Impreza wagon. I hope it takes me all over the states. Looking forward to meeting y'all on the trail. Take care and be well

HEllO! and welcome!

I went to Sequoia and Simi High....Way back went Simi had 1/4 the houses it does now...LOL

Tons of info on OB, take time to explore and learn, fell free to ask a ton of questions. A great bunch of friendly helpful people on here......

Jim

Reactions: rvrgrip

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, Nevada, United States
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
Howdy! My name is Sean. I currently work for the motion picture industry as a Grip. Enjoyed my first planned vacation after 23 years of work in 2018. I believe i need to get out ALOT MORE. I have been building up a 2013 Subaru Impreza wagon. It served me well on said vaca down in Baja for the Yetibuilt750, and survived. Though it is not a crawler, i believe it will accomplish plenty.

I look forward to increasing my skill sets of rest and relaxation, searching and exploring, and developing a stronger understanding and relationship with nature.

Hope to see y'all on the trails and future get togethers. Take care and be well.... keep the rubba side down
IG @rvrgrip

This is a second writing because i couldn't figure out how to add pictures before, sorry

She looks great, nice work. DO not need a crawler at all. You got exactly what you need for your adventures, it is more important that you know your rig, know where each tire is at on the ground, where the low points are. Fact is, you can overland in anything. Back in the day (The simi valley days), I would go behind where little house was filmed and off road in my mother ford maverick, buried her box style 70ish corolla in the mud and had to knock on doors at 2 am to find a kind 4x4 owner to come pull me out so my parents wouldn't kill me...LOL wow Sean you brought back memories...LOL anyway,just go and have fun you got the perfect rig!

Jim

Last edited:

rvrgrip

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Simi Valley
First Name
Sean
Last Name
Griffith
Member #

HEllO! and welcome!

I went to Sequoia and Simi High....Way back went Simi had 1/4 the houses it does now...LOL

Tons of info on OB, take time to explore and learn, fell free to ask a ton of questions. A great bunch of friendly helpful people on here......

Jim
Hello, thank you. Yeah, Simi (along with soCal) has grown very big. Thanks for reaching out. Happy 4th

Reactions: Jim SoG

rvrgrip

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Simi Valley
First Name
Sean
Last Name
Griffith
Member #

Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.

Overland Bound Meetups

US West - OverlandBound Westside LA Meetup

If you have any questions message your Member Representative, @Barclay, or me, your Regional Director, on the forum at @Narbob
Thank you very much. Appreciate the info. Have a happy fourth. Keep your EARTHQUAKE kit handy. Hahah

rvrgrip

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Simi Valley
First Name
Sean
Last Name
Griffith
Member #

She looks great, nice work. DO not need a crawler at all. You got exactly what you need for your adventures, it is more important that you know your rig, know where each tire in at on the ground, where the low points are. Fact is, you can overland in anything. Back in the day (The simi valley days), I would go behind where little house was filmed and off road in my mother ford maverick, buried her box style 70ish corolla in the mud and had to knock on doors at 2 am to find a kind 4x4 owner to come pull me out so my parents wouldn't kill me...LOL wow Sean you brought back memories...LOL anyway,just go and have fun you got the perfect rig!

Jim
Thank you, Jim...hahaha, you're right... just takes know how, patience, planning, and skill to traverse where needed. Have a safe fourth. Keep the rubber side down

Graeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Catalina Avenue, Tucson, AZ, USA
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Hoffmaster
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7CRJ
Service Branch
Air Force
Jumping on the trail to cross America in the Dirt on the TAT ( Project TAT19 ) My service dog forrest and I hit the trail on July 13th. We are happy to become a part of this community! Chase us at Treadsandtails See y'all on the trails ...View attachment 106345
Sweet looking JK. That roof rack is nice and something that I could use on mine as well.

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hello all! Mike here, KC5DWF. I am retired Navy now on second career. An old Boy Scout with a ton of camping experience. I am getting itchy feet now that I have been out of the service for a few years. Stats are below. Looking forward to meeting others in the Norcal area.

Overlanding: Novice
Rig: stock 2017 F250 4x4 4 door.
Home State: Arkansas
Ultimate Goal: take a Patriot Campers X1 on the White Rim Road in Utah.
Skills: Info Tech, Woodworking, Camping
Welcome to Overland Bound

Reactions: CTO1Mike

Roy & Kristin Zirpoli

US NorthWest Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Kirbyville, Texas
First Name
PoManOutdoorCollective
Last Name
Zirpoli
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Hi all and hello from South of Portland Oregon! We sold our built out FJ Cruiser a couple years ago due to having kids. Now everyone is getting old enough to hold their heads up we are getting back into traveling off the beaten path. Have a 17 Tundra and 19 4Runner we are slowly working on. Most of our previous trips were around Oregon, Northern California, Idaho and Utah. Lots of forest service roads, some sand, and such.

Excited to hear from other people's perspectives as our previous time was spent on the FJ forum and well people tend to bias towards their own vehicles! Thanks.
Well hello! We are your member reps! We run a group of amazing folks out of the Willamette Valley area and have a very active Facebook page- Willamette Valley Overland Bound. We would love to have you come hang out with us anytime! Have an event right this second in fact on Mt St Helens- come join us! Hope to meet you very soon! Kristin and Roy

Aussie571

Local Expert, Australia NSW

Builder II

Hillvue NSW, Australia
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Altona
Member #

Hi all. Brand new member here from Sydney, Australia. This is my rig - 2018 ISUZU MUX 4x4. I enjoy anything that gets me away from cell phone signal and off grid.
Hello Huskyadventurer (@Huskyadventurer), welcome from Tamworth.

Check out the New South Wales Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Our main region is: Oceania
Which currently makes up:-

Australia:
New South Wales Region
Queensland Region
Victoria Region

New Zealand

Here is the link to the General forum calendar and Meet-Up event page:

Overland Bound Meetups

Or to check out what other members are planning go here:

[URL="https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/overland-trip-planning.21/]Overland Trip Planning[/URL]

I am Adrian your NSW Member Rep, if there is anything I can do to help message me at @Aussie571
If you have any questions message our Regional Director at @Luis Merlo

Last edited:
Reactions: Luis Merlo

landyandy4x4

Rank V
Launch Member

Explorer I

Hebden Bridge, UK
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Healey
Member #

Hi all. Joined today and very excited to join this thriving community. I am from he UK but currently living in central Italy. I am very impressed by the founding principles as they completely align with my views of what overlanding should be. I am currently preparing a 1998 LR Defender 130 for permanent overland travel. In Early 2021, we will give it all up, sell everything that wont fit in a Defender and head off to Halifax, NS, with the intention of doing the Pan Am Highway over 2 years. After that...who knows where we will go but I do know that we plan to still be in a Defender! I'm looking forward to getting to know more of you all very soon. Our vehicle is called Mandy and when we bought her back in the spring, she was rather worn out after a hard life in Germany! To save her blushes, I will post some pictures of Mandy once she is looking more ladylike...I hope you understand :) Nigel & Linda.
Hello and welcome, I'm doing the same but two year's after you, have you thought of doing the TAT across the US as well?

Reactions: ItchyFeetOverland

Clayton Ball

Rank II
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Santa Rosa, CA, USA
First Name
Clayton
Last Name
Ball
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6EMO
Santa Rosa, CA USA
1997 Ford F150
Just got my license yesterday from a gumball machine outside WalMart. Seriously, I've had the F150 for a couple of years and have done some 4x4 trails locally and would like to do some longer more remote type trips.IMG_1682.JPG

Reactions: Kent R and Narbob

Narbob

US West Region Director
Staff member
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

Culver City California
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Brann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6W0A
Santa Rosa, CA USA
1997 Ford F150
Just got my license yesterday from a gumball machine outside WalMart. Seriously, I've had the F150 for a couple of years and have done some 4x4 trails locally and would like to do some longer more remote type trips.View attachment 106526

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.

Overland Bound Meetups

If you have any questions message your Member Representative, @Magic Mike, or me, your Regional Director, on the forum at @Narbob

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Arlington, WA, USA
First Name
Brie
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
Hi all and hello from South of Portland Oregon! We sold our built out FJ Cruiser a couple years ago due to having kids. Now everyone is getting old enough to hold their heads up we are getting back into traveling off the beaten path. Have a 17 Tundra and 19 4Runner we are slowly working on. Most of our previous trips were around Oregon, Northern California, Idaho and Utah. Lots of forest service roads, some sand, and such.

Excited to hear from other people's perspectives as our previous time was spent on the FJ forum and well people tend to bias towards their own vehicles! Thanks.
Welcome to Overland Bound, @Whiskey Hill. Oregon is a beautiful state to explore with the family and I am glad that you are getting back into doing it. Taking the little ones out into nature can create a respect for the outdoors and a desire for adventure that will last a lifetime. There are a number of great overlanding events occurring throughout the PNW, so I recommend checking out the Overland Bound NorthWest Region forum [link] for meetups and to get to know your neighbors. The Member Reps Western Oregon are @Roy & Kristin Zirpoli; I'm sure they will be along shortly to great you. Events are also posted on the Rally Point system [link], so you might want to check that out as well.

I look forward to seeing you out there! If you need anything, feel free to hit me up on the forums: @Jedi.

Reactions: Whiskey Hill

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Arlington, WA, USA
First Name
Brie
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
Hey gang. I'm Travis Husser from a small town in Louisiana not terribly far from New Orleans or Baton Rouge. I joined the Army a little over two years ago now reside in DuPont, Washington. I am a long way from home. I just got out of a 2013 JKU Rubicon and traded for a 2019 Power Wagon. I figured I could use the extra towing capacity. I will post pics of both. Most of my wheeling has been in the Jeep I've wheeled in East Tennesse; Sicily Island, LA; Hotsprings, AR; all over Colorado, and my road trip from San Antonio, TX to Washington. That thing took me anywhere I wanted to go and I sort of miss it. I am looking forward to building up the new adventure wagon though.View attachment 106361View attachment 106362
Hiya Travis and welcome to Overland Bound. First and foremost, thank you for your service! Hopefully you will be stationed here in beautiful Washington to get to really explore just how incredible the PNW can be. Anyway, as @Gabriel Bozeman already suggested, the Overland Bound NorthWest Region forum [link] can be a great place to learn about meetups and to get to know your neighbors. Planned events also get posted to our Rally Point system [link].

I look forward to seeing you out there! If you need anything, feel free to hit me up on the forums: @Jedi.

Reactions: Gabriel Bozeman

Boarider

Rank 0

Contributor I

First Name
Donald
Last Name
Burton
New guy from the swamps of Louisiana. Stumbled across this forum while looking for ideas on building a small offroad camper for my kayak tournament fishing adventures.
So far I'm pretty impressed, seems like a very friendly and helpful group of people.
I'll be back here in the shadows reading and maybe a question every now and then till I get my ducks in a row.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
New guy from the swamps of Louisiana. Stumbled across this forum while looking for ideas on building a small offroad camper for my kayak tournament fishing adventures.
So far I'm pretty impressed, seems like a very friendly and helpful group of people.
I'll be back here in the shadows reading and maybe a question every now and then till I get my ducks in a row.

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Reactions: Boarider

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Santa Rosa, CA USA
1997 Ford F150
Just got my license yesterday from a gumball machine outside WalMart. Seriously, I've had the F150 for a couple of years and have done some 4x4 trails locally and would like to do some longer more remote type trips.View attachment 106526

I will be scheduling a meet-up in Santa Rosa this summer and as soon as the date is scheduled you will receive an invite here on the forum.

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all! Mike here, KC5DWF. I am retired Navy now on second career. An old Boy Scout with a ton of camping experience. I am getting itchy feet now that I have been out of the service for a few years. Stats are below. Looking forward to meeting others in the Norcal area.

Overlanding: Novice
Rig: stock 2017 F250 4x4 4 door.
Home State: Arkansas
Ultimate Goal: take a Patriot Campers X1 on the White Rim Road in Utah.
Skills: Info Tech, Woodworking, Camping

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the West Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is West. The Regional Director is @Narbob and the closest Member Rep is @Magic Mike

@Magic Mike is starting a new meet-up in Auburn this Saturday if your interested.
Gold Country Monthly Meetup

Reactions: CTO1Mike

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Member 19012, currently using wifes (wilson123) Chevy avalanche. Hoping for Jeep this weekend to add to vehicle choice to go camping. Dfw area

Overland Bound Meetups

The DFW area is just getting going again with a meet-up, if your interested check out this Rally Point for details.
DFW Monthly Recurring Overland Bound Meet

If you have any questions your Regional Director is @brien on the forum