Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
1) View attachment 105566View attachment 105567
2) Location (General area is fine) - Salt Lake County, Utah.
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.) - 2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, also currently working on my M416 trailer to pull behind my Jeep and keep the tent on. Friend of mine helped me build the rack for my trailer which we are dropping it onto it this week once I get the frame back. My wife and I really want to have the ability to have a base camp when we aren't on a trail camping or when we want to take the kids. It can be a bit tough to get three teenagers, two adults and camping gear into a Jeep.
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!) - I dunno, novice? Done plenty of camping / hiking / mountain biking in the past but really only started camping more out of a vehicle and off-roading in the last two years.
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Cendee who also lives in the Salt Lake area. The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Reactions: Cendee

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone, my name is Neal Johnson and I am extremely interested in getting into Overlanding. I just bought a Dodge Ram rebel. I know its probably not the best suited vehicle but wanted something big enough for the family and the dog to come. The closest overloading experience I have is probably from deployments of driving the MRAPs everywhere. I look forward to meeting some of you soon.

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Hank Outdoors for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Rig: 2011 Jeep Wrangler
Overlanding experience: novice
We recently got into overlanding. It’s been about a year, but we have just recently actually stayed overnight on two separate occasions. The first was at a State Park. The second was at the Northwest Overland Rally 2019. Before that we have just been doing day trips.
I have been doing research and slowly buying the things needed to camp. As I learn about off-roading and overlanding I have learned we need to do some more under carriage upgrades to better match what the previous owner did to the Jeep. We are still learning and we are eager to learn more on how to safely do overlanding.

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Jedi for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Reactions: DanielD

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey Everyone.

I'm the proud new owner of a 2012 Xterra, and here to learn from the community. My partner and I are avid hikers and backpackers, but I'm new to a vehicle bigger than my VW GTI. With the new truck I'm hoping we can get farther, further, safer.
Looking forward to talking to others here.

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. Your closest Member Rep is @Magic Mike

Reactions: wobbling

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
Hi everyone! So glad to finally be a member of the OB community!

I am an avid camper and absolutely LOVE the outdoors. We have a group I founded here in Richmond, VA called "TRAIL HOUNDS" and anybody that is in or around the Richmond area, we'd love to link up and have a fun outing!

Anyway, let me introduce myself and my rig. My name is Nathan, aka 4LO_Panda, and I drive a 2008 dodge ram 1500. It's very molded and looks like a show truck, but believe me performance and off roading function was my goal.

I mainly go to George Washington National Forrest & the shenandoah area for my camping/overlanding needs. I love to explore, love to relax, and love making new connections! Thanx!
Nice bumper!

Cendee

SE Member Representative
Launch Member
Supporter

Influencer III

West Haven, UT, USA
First Name
Cendee
Last Name
Bjerregaard
Member #

1) View attachment 105566View attachment 105567
2) Location (General area is fine) - Salt Lake County, Utah.
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.) - 2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, also currently working on my M416 trailer to pull behind my Jeep and keep the tent on. Friend of mine helped me build the rack for my trailer which we are dropping it onto it this week once I get the frame back. My wife and I really want to have the ability to have a base camp when we aren't on a trail camping or when we want to take the kids. It can be a bit tough to get three teenagers, two adults and camping gear into a Jeep.
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!) - I dunno, novice? Done plenty of camping / hiking / mountain biking in the past but really only started camping more out of a vehicle and off-roading in the last two years.
Welcome to the family. Come out an have some fun with us. We have a few trips planned already. Check out the Rally Points for the Rocky Mountains Events Archive - Overland Bound

@A-Aron and @Knitron are the Utah member reps. If you need anything please reach out to any of us.

BlakersenAirplane

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Riverton, UT, USA
First Name
Blake
Last Name
Jensen
Member #

Welcome to the family. Come out an have some fun with us. We have a few trips planned already. Check out the Rally Points for the Rocky Mountains Events Archive - Overland Bound

@A-Aron and @Knitron are the Utah member reps. If you need anything please reach out to any of us.
Thanks I certainly will. Sorry I took so long to sign up! I've been slacking and trying to get my trailer done, hoping to have it put together and primed this weekend, and been working on my Jeep trying to get her ready for the season... that is already here... But new suspension goes in next week :D

A-Aron

US Rocky Mountain Region Local Expert Utah
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Enoch, UT, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Tiede
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LIJ
Thanks I certainly will. Sorry I took so long to sign up! I've been slacking and trying to get my trailer done, hoping to have it put together and primed this weekend, and been working on my Jeep trying to get her ready for the season... that is already here... But new suspension goes in next week :D
Welcome my friend! Hope you will come join us on some meetups and trips! @Knitron and I are both rocking trailers and 3 kids as well! So much fun! Check out the rally points like @Cendee said.. we've got a lot of things in the works.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Pierce County Wa
2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Total novice at this :-). I have built a trailer for the tent and awning now and we are planning as many trips as we can! Looking forward to becoming part of this community. Travel safe all!!

View attachment 105716

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Jedi for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Arlington, WA, USA
First Name
Brie
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
Pierce County Wa
2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Total novice at this :-). I have built a trailer for the tent and awning now and we are planning as many trips as we can! Looking forward to becoming part of this community. Travel safe all!!

View attachment 105716
Welcome to the Overland Bound community, @Rubinot06! That is a very nice and clean looking TJ-L. I'd love to see pictures of the trailer and how your rig looks without the tent/awning on it, so please share! Pierce County has a lot of Overland Bound users and members in it and lots of access to great overlanding fun, so I am sure you won't have any trouble making great use of all you have there.

You are in the Overland Bound US NorthWest Region. The best way to get to know others in your area is by heading over to the regional forums [link] and joining in the conversation there. You can also join in on a planned event or create your own by using our Rally Point System [link]. As an Overland Bound Member, you also have the ability to see other members on the Map system [link] and send them a direct message if you want to target a specific group or area.

I look forward to meeting you in person someday. Until then, please feel free to send me a message on the forums, @Jedi, if you need anything.

Bomb Dawg

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

North Olmsted, OH
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Cameron
Member #

I'm Steve, and I'll reintroduce myself in this stickied thread. CLICK HERE to read my original introduction.

Current Vehicle: 2008 Subaru Outback 2.5XT Limited 5MT
Experience: Lots of backpacking, hiking, and car-based tent camping over the years. I've never driven anything off-road before other than a tractor on the farm when I was a kid. That's all about to CHANGE!
Hi Steve! Whereabouts in NE Ohio? I'm in a Cleveland west side suburb, new to this group, and looking for local-ish folks.

Reactions: Magic Mike

Rubinot06

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Pierce County, WA, USA
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Osness
Member #

Welcome to the Overland Bound community, @Rubinot06! That is a very nice and clean looking TJ-L. I'd love to see pictures of the trailer and how your rig looks without the tent/awning on it, so please share! Pierce County has a lot of Overland Bound users and members in it and lots of access to great overlanding fun, so I am sure you won't have any trouble making great use of all you have there.

You are in the Overland Bound US NorthWest Region. The best way to get to know others in your area is by heading over to the regional forums [link] and joining in the conversation there. You can also join in on a planned event or create your own by using our Rally Point System [link]. As an Overland Bound Member, you also have the ability to see other members on the Map system [link] and send them a direct message if you want to target a specific group or area.

I look forward to meeting you in person someday. Until then, please feel free to send me a message on the forums, @Jedi, if you need anything.
Thanks!! I will post the trailer in the

Thanks!!! I will post some trailer pics in the Overland Trailer thread soon.

fullsizeoutput_428f.jpeg

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
I'm in a suburb west of cleveland, OH. Was in the service for 15 years and 4 wheeled, camped and did stupid things in several countries during that time. View attachment 105755
'17 Taco 4-bie

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Mike W . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Ford f150
Lots of camping, but never off the beaten path with a vehicle. Total newbie to overlanding, here to learn. Looking forward to some adventure and vehicle modifications.

Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Mike W . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Fisk

Rank 0

Contributor I

Seattle, WA, USA
First Name
Jordan
Last Name
Fisk
Hello OB Community!

On May 29th I picked up a 2016 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel Crew Cab.
We'll be sailing out of Seattle, Wa.
I'm experienced in backpacking and extended rafting trips around the west, but I'm a novice in vehicle assisted overlanding. Can't wait to learn!

Here's the rig on June 8th after a week of rafting on the Rogue River in southern Oregon :)

rogue river.jpg