Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello Everyone,

My name Ruben Zamora and I'm from the Rio Grande Valley way deep in South Texas. My current Rig is a 2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL Sport. I didn't opt for the more expensive packages and I wanted it pretty bare bones. The only thing I optioned for was the Limited Slip Rear End, 8spd Auto and Hard top. Since then I've added Power Locks to it, Westin Side Steps, Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform with Maximus-3 Brackets, Rhino Rack Batwing Awning, Engel MT45 Fridge and a few other odds and ends. You can see all about my rig on my blog at My Jeep Wrangler Project -

As far as Overlanding goes. My family and I are pretty new to it but not new to the outdoors and camping. For about 6 years we have camped in our 23foot Palomino Puma Travel Trailer and now looking to use the JEEP to go further into the beautiful spots.
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @brien . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Reactions: Ruben Z

wobbling

Rank 0

Contributor I

Oakland, CA, USA
First Name
Kirby
Last Name
Lawton
Hey Everyone.

I'm the proud new owner of a 2012 Xterra, and here to learn from the community. My partner and I are avid hikers and backpackers, but I'm new to a vehicle bigger than my VW GTI. With the new truck I'm hoping we can get farther, further, safer.
Looking forward to talking to others here.

DanielD

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Charleston, SC, USA
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Marquez
Member #

Rig: 2011 Jeep Wrangler
Overlanding experience: novice
We recently got into overlanding. It’s been about a year, but we have just recently actually stayed overnight on two separate occasions. The first was at a State Park. The second was at the Northwest Overland Rally 2019. Before that we have just been doing day trips.
I have been doing research and slowly buying the things needed to camp. As I learn about off-roading and overlanding I have learned we need to do some more under carriage upgrades to better match what the previous owner did to the Jeep. We are still learning and we are eager to learn more on how to safely do overlanding.309E7A51-FCA6-4843-AA4D-52DC935EA327.jpeg

Last edited:

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
We recently got into overlanding. It’s been about a year, but we have just recently actually stayed overnight on two separate occasions. The first was at a State Park. The second was at the Northwest Overland Rally 2019. Before that we have just been doing day trips.
I have been doing research and slowly buying the things needed to camp. As I learn about off-roading and overlanding I have learned we need to do some more under carriage upgrades to better match what the previous owner did to the Jeep. We are still learning and we are eager to learn more on how to safely do overlanding.
Welcome to Overland Bound

Reactions: DanielD

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hey Everyone.

I'm the proud new owner of a 2012 Xterra, and here to learn from the community. My partner and I are avid hikers and backpackers, but I'm new to a vehicle bigger than my VW GTI. With the new truck I'm hoping we can get farther, further, safer.
Looking forward to talking to others here.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

I am your U.S. West Member Representatives, if there is anything I can do to help message me at @Magic Mike
If you have any questions message your Regional Director on the forum at @Narbob

There are monthly meet-ups in Dublin and the San Francisco area. Check the Rally Point area and meetup threads for details.

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hello Everyone,

My name Ruben Zamora and I'm from the Rio Grande Valley way deep in South Texas. My current Rig is a 2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL Sport. I didn't opt for the more expensive packages and I wanted it pretty bare bones. The only thing I optioned for was the Limited Slip Rear End, 8spd Auto and Hard top. Since then I've added Power Locks to it, Westin Side Steps, Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform with Maximus-3 Brackets, Rhino Rack Batwing Awning, Engel MT45 Fridge and a few other odds and ends. You can see all about my rig on my blog at My Jeep Wrangler Project -

As far as Overlanding goes. My family and I are pretty new to it but not new to the outdoors and camping. For about 6 years we have camped in our 23foot Palomino Puma Travel Trailer and now looking to use the JEEP to go further into the beautiful spots.
Welcome to Overland Bound

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hello newbie here from Orange County CA!
Rig: 99 Suburban
Full-size Off-road
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
There is a meet up in the San Diego area that you might want to check out.
US West - Reoccurring - San Diego Overland Bound Monthly Meet - 09/27/2018
This is San Diego Overland Bound Trail Run page.
US West - San Diego Overland Bound Trail Runs

I am one of the U.S. West Member Representatives, if there is anything I can do to help message me at @Magic Mike
If you have any questions message your Regional Director on the forum at @Narbob

AlexWood

Rank 0

Contributor I

Snohomish, WA
First Name
Alex
Last Name
Wood
I have been doing research and slowly buying the things needed to camp. As I learn about off-roading and overlanding I have learned we need to do some more under carriage upgrades to better match what the previous owner did to the Jeep. We are still learning and we are eager to learn more on how to safely do overlanding.
Welcome to the community, Daniel. Great rig! Let us know if you have any questions or need help. There is a lot of good information here to give you more information and ideas.

Nealjohnson12

Rank 0

Contributor I

Laurel MD
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Johnson
Hello everyone, my name is Neal Johnson and I am extremely interested in getting into Overlanding. I just bought a Dodge Ram rebel. I know its probably not the best suited vehicle but wanted something big enough for the family and the dog to come. The closest overloading experience I have is probably from deployments of driving the MRAPs everywhere. I look forward to meeting some of you soon.

BlakersenAirplane

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Riverton, UT, USA
First Name
Blake
Last Name
Jensen
Member #

1) 105566105567
2) Location (General area is fine) - Salt Lake County, Utah.
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.) - 2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, also currently working on my M416 trailer to pull behind my Jeep and keep the tent on. Friend of mine helped me build the rack for my trailer which we are dropping it onto it this week once I get the frame back. My wife and I really want to have the ability to have a base camp when we aren't on a trail camping or when we want to take the kids. It can be a bit tough to get three teenagers, two adults and camping gear into a Jeep.
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!) - I dunno, novice? Done plenty of camping / hiking / mountain biking in the past but really only started camping more out of a vehicle and off-roading in the last two years.

foamy_squirrel

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Richmond, VA, USA
First Name
Nate
Last Name
Moy
Member #

Hi everyone! So glad to finally be a member of the OB community!

I am an avid camper and absolutely LOVE the outdoors. We have a group I founded here in Richmond, VA called "TRAIL HOUNDS" and anybody that is in or around the Richmond area, we'd love to link up and have a fun outing!

Anyway, let me introduce myself and my rig. My name is Nathan, aka 4LO_Panda, and I drive a 2008 dodge ram 1500. It's very molded and looks like a show truck, but believe me performance and off roading function was my goal.

I mainly go to George Washington National Forrest & the shenandoah area for my camping/overlanding needs. I love to explore, love to relax, and love making new connections! Thanx!

Attachments

Last edited:

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Arlington, WA, USA
First Name
Brie
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
Hi Daniel, I believe we spoke at NWOR. Welcome to the forums and to Overland Bound. I am curious what the previous owners did with the Jeep, as a Rubicon is pretty capable from the factory. Anyway... I recommend checking out the NorthWest Region forums [link] for more area specific information. Events are posted up on the Rally Point System [link] so you might want to check that out as well.

There are a number of members that are on your side of the Sound, so hopefully someone will put together a run through the awesome Olympic National Forest. I look forward to meeting up with you again soon. Until then, please feel free to message me on the forums @Jedi if you need anything.

Reactions: DanielD

DanielD

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Charleston, SC, USA
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Marquez
Member #

Hi Daniel, I believe we spoke at NWOR. Welcome to the forums and to Overland Bound. I am curious what the previous owners did with the Jeep, as a Rubicon is pretty capable from the factory. Anyway... I recommend checking out the NorthWest Region forums [link] for more area specific information. Events are posted up on the Rally Point System [link] so you might want to check that out as well.

There are a number of members that are on your side of the Sound, so hopefully someone will put together a run through the awesome Olympic National Forest. I look forward to meeting up with you again soon. Until then, please feel free to message me on the forums @Jedi if you need anything.
Hi Brian,

We sure did speak at the rally. Haha
Thanks for the welcome :)
The previous owner lifted the Jeep (I believe he said 3.5 or 4in lift) and put on 35in tires. That’s pretty much it. So I’m either thinking of regearing to 4.56 or going back down to 33in tires. But if I go down on the tire sizes then the lift may be too much. Haha. I don’t know, either way it seems I’ll be doing something to it.
As I get more into overlanding, I’m finding out I don’t think I’m too interested in the “rock crawling” aspect of things. Haha and it seems that’s almost the way this rubicon was heading the way he lifted it and the tires he put on.
Oh, well, when I got the Jeep about a year and half ago I didn’t know I was going to go more toward the less extreme overlanding aspect of things.
I still love the Jeep though, so now it’s about where I want to head with it so I can tune it just right for me and the family. :)

Reactions: Jedi

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, Nevada, United States
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
Hello everyone, my name is Neal Johnson and I am extremely interested in getting into Overlanding. I just bought a Dodge Ram rebel. I know its probably not the best suited vehicle but wanted something big enough for the family and the dog to come. The closest overloading experience I have is probably from deployments of driving the MRAPs everywhere. I look forward to meeting some of you soon.
Welcome Neal! Don't worry about the rig, the good news is you can overland in anything, the main thing is just get out there and do it!

Glad to have you here.

Jim

TacoDia

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Collinsville, Illinois, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
W
Member #

Newbie here,

Mark Twain Camping.jpg
Rig: Mostly stock 2011 Tacoma 4Door Short bed
Overlanding Experience Background: Novice, mostly fire roads/trails.

For now I'm more into the camping scene while I start getting other obligations taken care of. Right now I am more focused on the community and gaining knowledge that I can put to good use when I do hit the trails. Mainly looking to go with modest toys ie 3in lift, 33s, some light armor and some lighting.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Newbie here,

View attachment 105627
Rig: Mostly stock 2011 Tacoma 4Door Short bed
Overlanding Experience Background: Novice, mostly fire roads/trails.

For now I'm more into the camping scene while I start getting other obligations taken care of. Right now I am more focused on the community and gaining knowledge that I can put to good use when I do hit the trails. Mainly looking to go with modest toys ie 3in lift, 33s, some light armor and some lighting.

Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Mike W . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone! So glad to finally be a member of the OB community!

I am an avid camper and absolutely LOVE the outdoors. We have a group I founded here in Richmond, VA called "TRAIL HOUNDS" and anybody that is in or around the Richmond area, we'd love to link up and have a fun outing!

Anyway, let me introduce myself and my rig. My name is Nathan, aka 4LO_Panda, and I drive a 2008 dodge ram 1500. It's very molded and looks like a show truck, but believe me performance and off roading function was my goal.

I mainly go to George Washington National Forrest & the shenandoah area for my camping/overlanding needs. I love to explore, love to relax, and love making new connections! Thanx!

Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.