Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

Trudog

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Sammamish, WA 98074, USA
Member #

Hello everyone, glad to be here with my 2003 Disco II. I've been camping and traveling all my life, with 25 years in the Army and 18 years overseas. I do a lot of overlanding in and around my home state of Colorado.
Nice rig! First of all thank you for your service! I was Army as well, a lot of military personnel are a part of this community. I joined last month and just went out with a group last weekend and had a blast. The camaraderie through this community’s awesome! Enjoy connecting with others in Colorado! If I pass through I will look you up so we can exchange Army stories!

God Bless!

Trudog

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Sammamish, WA 98074, USA
Member #

Hey everyone! Super new to this whole endeavor.

My name is Michael Wilson. I've been camping and enjoying the outdoors for many moons now. I recently acquired a 1978 Jeep CJ-5 with a bit of a story behind it (sold to forest service, stolen from forest service, dumped in a lake, found, pulled out of lake, restored, used as a farm vehicle, parked in a barn for 15 years, bought by my Dad 6 months ago). I'm currently in Bloomington, Indiana finishing up grad school at Indiana University, originally from North Texas. I don't have much experience driving 4 wheeled vehicles off road, so this is all new for me.

Still reading and learning all I can. I'm eagerly awaiting the day when my CJ makes it up to me.
Dude love the story on the Jeep! That thing will become legend, better start writing the book now! Welcome the community! Keep educating yourself and enjoy the trails!

God Bless!

Trudog

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Sammamish, WA 98074, USA
Member #

Love your Bronco! I've been trying to finish mine for 2 years. Nearly done. Would love to have a 1200 like yours as well!
Love Broncos! Too many projects not enough time, money or resources for them all? Keep us posted on the progress. Looking forward to Fords release of the 2020!

Trudog

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Sammamish, WA 98074, USA
Member #

Hello all,

My friends call me Turtle so I just go by that.

New to overlanding in general and am just starting to get into it. I'm from the greater San Francisco Bay Area.

Love my '96 4Runner and camping so overlanding sounds like a great time. I'd consider myself a novice 4 Wheeling but a total beginner overlanding.

View attachment 90074
From one novice to another get out and go! The rest will fall in to place with time and passion for what is known as the Magic of Overlanding!

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hello everyone, glad to be here with my 2003 Disco II. I've been camping and traveling all my life, with 25 years in the Army and 18 years overseas. I do a lot of overlanding in and around my home state of Colorado.
Welcome to Overland Bound, nice rig!

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hi! I'm Conrad

1.) I'll post pics once i get my truck bed rack.
2.) San Marcos Ca.
3.) 2015 Ram 1500
4.) Novice at overlanding. Would like to learn more about the rig gear set up and places to go overlanding with my pup.
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
There is a meet up in the San Diego area that you might want to check out.
Reoccurring - San Diego Overland Bound Monthly Meet - 09/27/2018
This is San Diego Overland Bound Trail Run page.
San Diego Overland Bound Trail Runs

I am one of the U.S. West Member Representatives, if there is anything I can do to help message me at @Magic Mike
If you have any questions message your Regional Director on the forum at @Narbob

Reactions: Kent R and Csam09

Csam09

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

San Marcos, CA, USA
First Name
Conrad
Last Name
Sampayan
Member #

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
There is a meet up in the San Diego area that you might want to check out.
Reoccurring - San Diego Overland Bound Monthly Meet - 09/27/2018
This is San Diego Overland Bound Trail Run page.
San Diego Overland Bound Trail Runs

I am one of the U.S. West Member Representatives, if there is anything I can do to help message me at @Magic Mike
If you have any questions message your Regional Director on the forum at @Narbob
Thanks for the info. I will check it out.

Reactions: Magic Mike

Tres

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Canton, TX, USA
First Name
Tres
Last Name
Sisson
Member #

Love Broncos! Too many projects not enough time, money or resources for them all? Keep us posted on the progress. Looking forward to Fords release of the 2020!
Oh man I can't wait for the 2020 either. Been dying to see one.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
1. I’m from Bay area, Ca
2. Fzj80 (90% of the trails)and 1st gen 4runner (for the other 10%)
3. I have about 5 years experience in overlanding/wheeling but always learning.

Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the West Region, local information can also be found in the “Overlland Bound by Region”

Here is the link to contact your Regional Director.
Overland Bound Regions!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all,

My friends call me Turtle so I just go by that.

New to overlanding in general and am just starting to get into it. I'm from the greater San Francisco Bay Area.

Love my '96 4Runner and camping so overlanding sounds like a great time. I'd consider myself a novice 4 Wheeling but a total beginner overlanding.

View attachment 90074

Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the West Region, local information can also be found in the “Overlland Bound by Region”

Overland Bound Regions!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone! Super new to this whole endeavor.

My name is Michael Wilson. I've been camping and enjoying the outdoors for many moons now. I recently acquired a 1978 Jeep CJ-5 with a bit of a story behind it (sold to forest service, stolen from forest service, dumped in a lake, found, pulled out of lake, restored, used as a farm vehicle, parked in a barn for 15 years, bought by my Dad 6 months ago). I'm currently in Bloomington, Indiana finishing up grad school at Indiana University, originally from North Texas. I don't have much experience driving 4 wheeled vehicles off road, so this is all new for me.

Still reading and learning all I can. I'm eagerly awaiting the day when my CJ makes it up to me.

Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overlland Bound by Region”

Overland Bound Regions!

Reactions: mpwilson27

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Just wanted to say Hi. Joined a few months ago but hadn't posted anything in the forums yet.
I'm just east of Dallas TX. Wondering if there are any groups in my area?

Rig is nearly done. It is an 89 Ford Bronco. Been restoring it and building it up for off roading/overlanding really hard for about 2 years.
I'm an avid hunter and a former eagle scout so lots of camping, hiking, outdoors. Quite a bit of mud and trails on my hunts, but pretty new to the overlanding concept. Been working hard to get the rig finished and get started.

Overland Bound Meetups

Overland Bound Regions!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overlland Bound by Region”

Overland Bound Regions!

mpwilson27

Rank 0

Traveler I

Dude love the story on the Jeep! That thing will become legend, better start writing the book now! Welcome the community! Keep educating yourself and enjoy the trails!

God Bless!
For real! I thought it was a joke or a tall tale from a friend of a friend. I'm trying to see if the guy we got it from has any pictures of the recovery process, when it was pulled out of the lake. The thing definitely has personality! Thanks!

Reactions: Trudog

Thrash

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hello all, my name is Johnathan. I suppose I’ve been ‘overlanding’ for about 30 years unofficially. My first car was an ‘85 Blazer M1009 in ‘86 with several vehicles up to my ‘96 SLX. IMG_6780.JPGIMG_6782.JPG
Bilsteins, Sway-a-way torsion bars, OME coils, Superwinch hubs, 4:88 gears. I call Bella Vista Arkansas home now, but raised in San Dog CA. Also lived in Bend, OR and Diamond Point, NY. I look forward to meeting everyone.

Thrash

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hello all, my name is Johnathan. I suppose I’ve been ‘overlanding’ for about 30 years unofficially. My first car was an ‘85 Blazer M1009 in ‘86 with several vehicles up to my ‘96 SLX. View attachment 90121View attachment 90122
Bilsteins, Sway-a-way torsion bars, OME coils, Superwinch hubs, 4:88 gears. I call Bella Vista Arkansas home now, but raised in San Dog CA. Also lived in Bend, OR and Diamond Point, NY. I look forward to meeting everyone.