Launch Member

Member III

Robertson County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

Hey all. Another Canadian on board, super excited to start hitting the trails around Nova Scotia. Just picked up an 84 suburban diesel that were going to tweek some to make our best memories
Welcome to OLB and the Canada - Atlantic Region!

When looking for events near you check the Calendar at:
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/calendar
Looking for a meetup? Check this link:
Overland Bound Meetups
Looking for the Canada - Atlantic Forum? Check this link:
Canada - Atlantic (NL PE NS NB)

If you have any questions or want help planning a trip or meetup of your own feel free to message me.

Reactions: Burban13 and Hyeti

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Robertson County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

Hello all,
Ravi from New England - Massachusetts
Overlanding Experience Background: Still consider myself a novice, just started exploring New England and campgrounds.
Vehicle - 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara. Just starting to build.

Hope to get more memories through this group.View attachment 89931
Ravi, welcome to OLB and the East Region!
Best of luck with the memory making!!! If you have any questions or want help planning a trip or meetup of your own feel free to message me.

When looking for events near you check the Calendar at:
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/calendar
Looking for a meetup? Check this link:
Overland Bound Meetups
Looking for the U.S. East Forum? Check this link:
U.S. East (VA WV MD DE NJ PA NY CT RI MA NH VT ME)

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
John from Michigan here.

99 Jeep Wrangler. Mild lift, tires and winch.
Medium experience offroad. Being the midwest mostly offroad parks and some exploration.

Lots of camping experience from backpacking, bushcraft survival, car camping and RV'ing.

Looking to combine all I know and enjoy the outdoors some more while avoiding the tourist traps and crowds.
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overlland Bound by Region”

Here is the link to contact your Regional Director.
Overland Bound Regions!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all,
Ravi from New England - Massachusetts
Overlanding Experience Background: Still consider myself a novice, just started exploring New England and campgrounds.
Vehicle - 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara. Just starting to build.

Hope to get more memories through this group.View attachment 89931
Welcome to Overland Bound! Have fun with the JL

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Long time listener, first time caller. My 7 year old son and I have seen all the overland videos. All of them. And next month we are taking my wife and 2 year old daughter on our first day trip to Big Frog Wilderness! And probably a little of the Cohutta Wilderness, which I will pretend is still Big Frog so she doesn't realize we are lost.

We drive a pretty much stock 2003 Chevy Suburban 1500 we call our Tennessee Adventure Tank. We have had lots of adventures all over the South and Southeast and we are ready to take it off road. In preparation for our trip, in addition to all of our youtube research, we have done lots of repairs and maintenance to get our "rig" ready. So far our only off road upgrade is a set of new Falken AT3W tires. Gathering gear and memories along the way, I'm looking forward to learning from this forum and our adventures.

Any suggestions and tips are appreciated.

Kevin

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overlland Bound by Region”

Overland Bound Regions!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello. My name is Jack, and I live in Bentonville, Arkansas. I'm setting up my 2007 FJ Cruiser for overlanding. I joined this site to find trails and meet other people that enjoy camping, hiking, kayaking, traveling, etc.

Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overlland Bound by Region”
North America

This is a link to the Overland Bound Southeast Rally.
Overland Bound Rally Southeast 2019! i

Overland Bound Regions!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone! some what of a newbie to the overland community. I have been four wheeling for years in built Jeeps on 5+ rated trails but I am becoming more and more interested in over landing as opposed to beating the crap out of a Jeep for the sake of seeing who can make it. I just purchased a 2004 Grand Cherokee Overland with low miles to start modifying. View attachment 89892

Overland Bound Meetups

North America

This is a link to the Overland Bound Southeast Rally.
Overland Bound Rally Southeast 2019! i

Overland Bound Regions!

Reactions: jeepman

Tres

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Canton, TX, USA
First Name
Tres
Last Name
Sisson
Member #

Just wanted to say Hi. Joined a few months ago but hadn't posted anything in the forums yet.
I'm just east of Dallas TX. Wondering if there are any groups in my area?

Rig is nearly done. It is an 89 Ford Bronco. Been restoring it and building it up for off roading/overlanding really hard for about 2 years.
I'm an avid hunter and a former eagle scout so lots of camping, hiking, outdoors. Quite a bit of mud and trails on my hunts, but pretty new to the overlanding concept. Been working hard to get the rig finished and get started.

Attachments

avgjoe624

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Fayetteville, NC, USA
Member #

Gregg from Reno, NV. Originally from South Carolina, former Army, married with 2 adventurous daughters. I've owned 4x4's all my life but never a Jeep until recently...2016 JKU Rubicon. I've done a lot of overland trips using quads...loaded to the gills...lol. I'm moving away from them and towards overland trips with the Jeep which will be better for the whole family. I'm looking forward to linking up with others in the Reno / Northern California area for some fun trips.+
what part of SC are you from? Im currently in the army and knew a Gregg(last name) from SC. Just had to check. Im in the same boat, never bought anything 2 wheel drive and was always a truck guy, until I drove a jeep, I can honestly say it has changed my life in the short time ive owned it. happy trails to you and the family

Reactions: ZRex

mpwilson27

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hey everyone! Super new to this whole endeavor.

My name is Michael Wilson. I've been camping and enjoying the outdoors for many moons now. I recently acquired a 1978 Jeep CJ-5 with a bit of a story behind it (sold to forest service, stolen from forest service, dumped in a lake, found, pulled out of lake, restored, used as a farm vehicle, parked in a barn for 15 years, bought by my Dad 6 months ago). I'm currently in Bloomington, Indiana finishing up grad school at Indiana University, originally from North Texas. I don't have much experience driving 4 wheeled vehicles off road, so this is all new for me.

Still reading and learning all I can. I'm eagerly awaiting the day when my CJ makes it up to me.

Attachments

mpwilson27

Rank 0

Traveler I

Not really anything solid just yet. I know I want more light. Thinking about swapping the spots for LEDs. I'll need some sort of storage system for gear. My main goal for the immediate future is to get it in my possession and figure the thing out. I gotta learn what it can do and go from there. I'm excited for what it could be, that's for sure!

with some work, that thing could be a very fun ride. Do you have any plans brewing yet?

Brad-150

Rank 0
Launch Member

Contributor I

Concord, CA, USA
Member #

Welcome aboard. Nice to see another f150 on here. I have been overlanding with mine for years now... If you have any questions feel free to ask.
Thanks Raul!

I will definitely keep you in mind as I'm progressing with modifying my truck. It's great that I'm already connecting with full-size overlanders. Not that the 25 million Tacoma guys aren't helpful too, but our group seems to be much smaller haha.

I posted in the "build" section also, and will try and keep updating that as I go.

Cendee

SE Member Representative
Launch Member
Supporter

Influencer III

West Haven, UT, USA
First Name
Cendee
Last Name
Bjerregaard
Member #

Hello all,

My friends call me Turtle so I just go by that.

New to overlanding in general and am just starting to get into it. I'm from the greater San Francisco Bay Area.

Love my '96 4Runner and camping so overlanding sounds like a great time. I'd consider myself a novice 4 Wheeling but a total beginner overlanding.

View attachment 90074
Welcome from Utah.

Reactions: Gabriel Bozeman