Launch Member

Traveler III

Columbia, Tennessee, USA
First Name
Tracy
Last Name
Duke
Member #

Hello everyone! some what of a newbie to the overland community. I have been four wheeling for years in built Jeeps on 5+ rated trails but I am becoming more and more interested in over landing as opposed to beating the crap out of a Jeep for the sake of seeing who can make it. I just purchased a 2004 Grand Cherokee Overland with low miles to start modifying. overland.jpg

Aussie571

Local Expert, Australia NSW

Builder II

Hillvue NSW, Australia
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Altona
Member #

Hello everyone! some what of a newbie to the overland community. I have been four wheeling for years in built Jeeps on 5+ rated trails but I am becoming more and more interested in over landing as opposed to beating the crap out of a Jeep for the sake of seeing who can make it. I just purchased a 2004 Grand Cherokee Overland with low miles to start modifying. View attachment 89892
Welcome nice WJ...I have a n 03 Overland here Australia...it is my daily driver!

Reactions: jeepman

Vandeeman

Rank III
Launch Member

Member I

Kenmore, WA, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
VanderGiessen
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG7THW
Hello there! My name is Mark, and I am excited to begin overlanding! I have experience with search and rescue, but most of that was more urban oriented, so I am excited to get off the beaten path. I have a 2016 Ford F150, and am currently building it out to be ready for this spring and summer! Looking forward to meeting some folks in the PNW!

Traveler I

Hello everyone! My wife daughter and i are super excited to get outside and start adventuring. I am a long time oudoorsman experienced in things like hunting fishing camping etc. Overlanding is new to us and we can't wait to get started. I will be picking your brains for some ideas and hopefully meet some locals as well.

Rig: 1999 Jeep Cherokee XJ lifted with 32" M/Ts
Experience: Beginner overlander and off road driving

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Robertson County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

View attachment 89864

Alex and Jennifer
Rig: 2019 Toyota Tacoma TRD offroad. Just starting to build this one...previously we had a 2016 Tacoma TRD Offroad and we also have a 2017 Toyota 4Runner.
Overlanding Experience Background: Still consider myself a novice when it comes to overlanding and trying to learn all I can. My wife and I love to be outdoors and she doesn't like to fly so we drive every where. It's a good thing we travel well together :)
Welcome to OB and the East Region!!!
If you have any questions feel free to message me @Hank Outdoors

Here is a link to the East Region Forums to help you get started!
U.S. East (VA WV MD DE NJ PA NY CT RI MA NH VT ME)

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

Hello! Newbie from Lancaster, PA here. I have some experience with multi-day camping on foot, and got the bug when I did a roadtrip from PA to Florida and back hitting every state east of the Mississippi. I currently live in Bahrain, but I am looking to start on a rig when I get back. Thank you all for the opportunity to be a member of this forum!
If you have any questions feel free to message me @Hank Outdoors
When you get back look me up and I can fill you in on any events coming up near you!

Reactions: Ehuert8701

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

Hello everyone! My wife daughter and i are super excited to get outside and start adventuring. I am a long time oudoorsman experienced in things like hunting fishing camping etc. Overlanding is new to us and we can't wait to get started. I will be picking your brains for some ideas and hopefully meet some locals as well.

Rig: 1999 Jeep Cherokee XJ lifted with 32" M/Ts
Experience: Beginner overlander and off road driving
View attachment 89915
If you have any questions feel free to message me @Hank Outdoors or @Team Harrington who is your local Member Rep.

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Hello there! My name is Mark, and I am excited to begin overlanding! I have experience with search and rescue, but most of that was more urban oriented, so I am excited to get off the beaten path. I have a 2016 Ford F150, and am currently building it out to be ready for this spring and summer! Looking forward to meeting some folks in the PNW!
Welcome from Whidbey Island, Washington!

Reactions: Vandeeman
Long time listener, first time caller. My 7 year old son and I have seen all the overland videos. All of them. And next month we are taking my wife and 2 year old daughter on our first day trip to Big Frog Wilderness! And probably a little of the Cohutta Wilderness, which I will pretend is still Big Frog so she doesn't realize we are lost.

We drive a pretty much stock 2003 Chevy Suburban 1500 we call our Tennessee Adventure Tank. We have had lots of adventures all over the South and Southeast and we are ready to take it off road. In preparation for our trip, in addition to all of our youtube research, we have done lots of repairs and maintenance to get our "rig" ready. So far our only off road upgrade is a set of new Falken AT3W tires. Gathering gear and memories along the way, I'm looking forward to learning from this forum and our adventures.

Any suggestions and tips are appreciated.

Kevin

Hyeti

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Hartford County, Connecticut, United States
First Name
RAVITEJA
Last Name
VASAMSETTI
Member #

Hello all,
Ravi from New England - Massachusetts
Overlanding Experience Background: Still consider myself a novice, just started exploring New England and campgrounds.
Vehicle - 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara. Just starting to build.

Hope to get more memories through this group.89931

TacomaDave

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overlland Bound by Region”

Here is the link to contact your Regional Director.
Overland Bound Regions!
Thank you. I'll check out those links.

Trudog

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Sammamish, WA 98074, USA
Member #

Welcome! I share your excitement concerning the magic of over-landing! It means different things to different people but it’s all good stuff! Looking forward to seeing you on the trails, I suggest hitting the NW overland rally in June!

Raul B

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Kyle, Hays County, Texas, United States
First Name
Raul
Last Name
Banuelos
Member #

Hey Everyone! I have been looking for a better overlanding recourse and finally found you guys. I'm still on the F-150 forums for vehicle specific stuff, but their off-road activity is super limited.

Rig: 2015 Ford F-150. She is my daily driver and do everything else vehicle, and I'm excited to see what else she can do. I have made some modifications to her over the last few years that include wheels, tires, suspension, skids and a few others. Always in the process of adding as my budget and experience allows. A rooftop tent and bed rack is in the works for this summer.

Overlanding Experience Background: I am newer to overlanding, but am somewhat experienced in the outdoors. I love to travel, camp, hunt, backpack, and everything water related, and I was also a Boy Scout. I'm super excited to learn as much as I can, and hopefully even help some other people in the process.
View attachment 89562
Welcome aboard. Nice to see another f150 on here. I have been overlanding with mine for years now... If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Vandeeman

Rank III
Launch Member

Member I

Kenmore, WA, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
VanderGiessen
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG7THW
Welcome! I share your excitement concerning the magic of over-landing! It means different things to different people but it’s all good stuff! Looking forward to seeing you on the trails, I suggest hitting the NW overland rally in June!

Thanks! I’m hoping to get over at least for a day or so!

Reactions: Drifterman

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Arlington, WA, USA
First Name
Brie
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
Welcome to Overland Bound, @Vandeeman. I can't wait to see your F150, hopefully you will document it here with a build thread. There are a number of great overlanding events occurring throughout the PNW, so I recommend checking out the Overland Bound NorthWest Region forum [link] for meetups and to get to know your “neighbors”. Events are also posted on the Rally Point system [link], so you might want to check that out as well.

I look forward to seeing you out there! If you need anything, feel free to hit me up on the forums: @Jedi.

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Arlington, WA, USA
First Name
Brie
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
Hi Everyone! Been a member for a while but don't think I have ever posted up in this new member introductions yet.

I'm from Kelowna, BC Canada and have a 2008 Jeep Wrangler JK which I have moderately modified to enhance it for what we do. I also have a home built teardrop-like trailer.

View attachment 89833

My experience I would say is moderate. I have grown up camping my whole life, while serious off-roading is a little newer to me. (I suppose now 5 or 6 years in I have acquired some skill and knowledge).

I try to document my vehicle modifications and custom projects at okanaganoverland.com as well as try stay current on social media such as Instagram under the same username.
Welcome to Overland Bound, @OkanaganOverland , from your neighbor a little south of the border. As I am sure you have already experienced, your province is filled with beautiful sites to see for an overlander. It is also a fast growing area for Overland Bound members, so I recommend checking out the Overland Bound Canada West (B.C.) Region forum [link] for meetups and to get to know your neighbors. Events are also posted on the Rally Point system [link], so you might want to check that out as well.

You might also want to check in with @CR-Venturer, as he as explored a great number of areas throughout the province and might be able to give you some tips on where to go and what to see.

I look forward to seeing you out there! If you need anything, feel free to hit me up on the forums: @Jedi.