Launch Member

Contributor I

Ecru, MS, USA
First Name
Tj
Last Name
Little
Member #

View attachment 87637 View attachment 87636 Hi this is my family adventure wagon we have saved up for, and after a long time of dreaming finally own. It is a 2008 e350 wagon UJOR conversion with on board air, front and rear ARB lockers 4.56 gears. 11 passenger seating at current, maybe a interior camping conversion later. I currently need seating for our family of 7.
LOVE the van!

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Hi, I'm new here and the truck posted is not my main off road vehicle. I have a 2000 Land Rover Discovery 2 that I plan to equip for the Overland Bound meets and travels. The Truck can do it but I'd rather be a little more comfortable.
Cant wait to hit the trail with you in the future.

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
I see you are from Auburn, too, MagicMike. How do I see just the local group of OB members? I’d love to meet up sometime, I could ogle some of your guys’ 4Runners!
Go to the member map and type in a member number or city and it should bring up all the people in that general area. I’m also a member Sierra Foothills Overlanders, we meet every second Tues of the month in Shingle Springs. Its at the Break Room!

Check the Rally Point events for our meet up, training, ect dates and come on out. There is also a meet up in Sac, although not a really official one. I’ll get you the dates for that.

I’m in Idaho now, coming home tomorrow. Maybe we can get coffee.

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Hi, I'm new here and the truck posted is not my main off road vehicle. I have a 2000 Land Rover Discovery 2 that I plan to equip for the Overland Bound meets and travels. The Truck can do it but I'd rather be a little more comfortable.
Cant wait to hit the trail with you in the future.
Welcome! A Disco 2! What a great vehicle. I have a 2001 Range Rover. Make sure to check your local region for meetups and events!

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Welcome! A Disco 2! What a great vehicle. I have a 2001 Range Rover. Make sure to check your local region for meetups and events![/

Thanks Gabe, as soon as I learn how to use this site I hope I will be able to find someone in my local. No luck so far except for the 4wheelers of NM and their closest location is Las Cruces. I love those Range Rovers too !!!

Reactions: Gabriel Bozeman

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Reactions: Drifterman

Siggy_M

Rank I
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Springbok Road, Uitzicht, Cape Town, South Africa
First Name
Siegfried
Last Name
Muirhead
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Zigs
Howsit from Stellenbosch, South Africa!

Second wife is a Toyota Hilux 4X4 2010, with a few extras. Done a fair bit of off roading but new to the camping aspect of it.

Glad to be part of this excellent community.

Cheers!

Attachments

Roam Wild Overland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Contributor I

Halifax, NS
Member #

Howsit from Stellenbosch, South Africa!

Second wife is a Toyota Hilux 4X4 2010, with a few extras. Done a fair bit of off roading but new to the camping aspect of it.

Glad to be part of this excellent community.

Cheers!
Welcome to the group. There is a ton of info in the forums and some pretty awesome ideas for the 4Runners.

Reactions: Hank Outdoors

KDC

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Lawton, OK
Member #

Manteca, CA (NorCal)
JLUR (2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon)
I've been on some adventures with my 1993 YJ but I'm looking forward to pushing the limits this year with the addition of my JLUR.
Hey finally someone close to my back yard. Welcome. Nice rig

tobey1

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Stuart, VA 24171, USA
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Tobey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
k4fmm
Hello,
I am Bryan, currently in South Charlotte NC area. I recently picked up a used 2011 Toyota Tacoma TRD double cab with the long bed. It is basically stock at this point and looking forward to the upgrade and learning process. I wont bore you with a stock photo.

I feel like I caught the overland bug without knowing it back in 95-2001 when I was a track mechanic in the Army. I was the operator/driver of a 56 Ton M-88A1 recovery vehicle. We would deploy with this vehicle, repair and recover others and sleep/operate and "camp" out of it for sometimes weeks to months at a time.

There is a ton of info here and I am glad to have found and joined. Between youtube and here I will keep myself busy for sure.

Other random info.
I am a general Ham but have stuck mainly to digital modes so far. Looking forward to the challenge of mobile setup in the Toyota.
I would like to study and take the Extra exam at some point but happy with things as of now. JS8Call is amazing mode that I am interested in trying to incorporate into mobile operations.

I was Auto mechanic many years ago but have moved into IT related career path. I still enjoy everything from changing my own oil and routine maintenance to larger jobs that most would not do from a garage.
Love the country, camping, shooting, and recently picked up a used mountain bike also to hopefully help get myself back into shape and enjoy some trails that my truck will hopefully help get me to.

Looking forward to meeting some folks and learning and sharing.

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Hello,
I am Bryan, currently in South Charlotte NC area. I recently picked up a used 2011 Toyota Tacoma TRD double cab with the long bed. It is basically stock at this point and looking forward to the upgrade and learning process. I wont bore you with a stock photo.

I feel like I caught the overland bug without knowing it back in 95-2001 when I was a track mechanic in the Army. I was the operator/driver of a 56 Ton M-88A1 recovery vehicle. We would deploy with this vehicle, repair and recover others and sleep/operate and "camp" out of it for sometimes weeks to months at a time.

There is a ton of info here and I am glad to have found and joined. Between youtube and here I will keep myself busy for sure.

Other random info.
I am a general Ham but have stuck mainly to digital modes so far. Looking forward to the challenge of mobile setup in the Toyota.
I would like to study and take the Extra exam at some point but happy with things as of now. JS8Call is amazing mode that I am interested in trying to incorporate into mobile operations.

I was Auto mechanic many years ago but have moved into IT related career path. I still enjoy everything from changing my own oil and routine maintenance to larger jobs that most would not do from a garage.
Love the country, camping, shooting, and recently picked up a used mountain bike also to hopefully help get myself back into shape and enjoy some trails that my truck will hopefully help get me to.

Looking forward to meeting some folks and learning and sharing.
Welcome! Looking forward to seeing what you do on your Tacoma!

Reactions: tobey1