Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hey everyone! My name is John, from Mesa, Arizona, USA. Have a 1999 Ford E-350 Super Duty 4x4 van that started life as a $500 beater that my wife and I have built into a 4x4 overlanding rig in the last year. Looking forward to making some new friends (there has to be some locals on here!) and enjoying some adventure with our new rig. Here is a photo from our February expedition to the bottom of the Grand Canyon, following the original 1914 Metz expedition route.
Welcome to Overland Bound! Glad to see you here, make sure you check the forums for your local Overland groups and meet ups.

Reactions: desertpir8

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Hello all. I am Nino, from the bay area (Tampa Bay).This is my first post as I just joined today. I've done lots of camping, but very little "overlanding" with my own vehicle (2015 Jeep Wrangler Sport). I just completed my own version of an offroad trailer. I call it a "Roverlander" because I plan to travel with my dog (and I built-it some features only a dog would appreciate). I look forward to meeting up with you, especially if you're from the Florida area.
Welcome from Reno. Nice area. My brother lives just outside of your area. Maybe I'll see you when I visit my bro. Look forward to seeing what you did on your trailer.

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Hey everyone! My name is John, from Mesa, Arizona, USA. Have a 1999 Ford E-350 Super Duty 4x4 van that started life as a $500 beater that my wife and I have built into a 4x4 overlanding rig in the last year. Looking forward to making some new friends (there has to be some locals on here!) and enjoying some adventure with our new rig. Here is a photo from our February expedition to the bottom of the Grand Canyon, following the original 1914 Metz expedition route.
Welcome. Hope you'll do a build thread on your van. Was toying with doing something like that...

desertpir8

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Mesa, AZ
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG7NVF
Welcome. Hope you'll do a build thread on your van. Was toying with doing something like that...
Thanks! I certainly can put one up. I have about a thousand photos of the build process. Everything from fabricating all the suspension bracketry to 4x4 conversion modifications to interior buildout. I have about $10k in the entire build so far. Hoping to finish it for under $15-17k once everything is added that we want. Proof that you don't need to spend a lot to have a great overlanding rig!

Reactions: HappyOurOverlanding

Roam Wild Overland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Contributor I

Halifax, NS
Member #

Hi all, newbie here to the Overland forum

1) Picture - see my profilee
2) Location - OKC, OK
3) Rig 2002 Ford Excursion
4) Overlanding Experience Background - Novice

We're an adventure minded family of 5, looking forward to meeting like minded folks! Love the outdoors, camping, and sitting around a good fire.
Welcome to the community!! This is an amazjng place to meet like minded folks and find a ton of information about everything overlanding. Look forward to seeing what you do with your rig!

Reactions: Hank Outdoors

Roam Wild Overland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Contributor I

Halifax, NS
Member #

Hello all. I am Nino, from the bay area (Tampa Bay).This is my first post as I just joined today. I've done lots of camping, but very little "overlanding" with my own vehicle (2015 Jeep Wrangler Sport). I just completed my own version of an offroad trailer. I call it a "Roverlander" because I plan to travel with my dog (and I built-it some features only a dog would appreciate). I look forward to meeting up with you, especially if you're from the Florida area.
Sounds like you’re well on your way. Throw up some shots of your setup when you can. Welcome to the group!

Reactions: Hank Outdoors

421Rob

Rank 0

Traveler I

Canada
new here just wanted to say hi, my name is Rob I'm in Calgary AB Canada

I just picked up a 2019 crosstrek and hope to hit some trails with it.

i have zero overlanding experience however I do have an extensive autox / time attack background with my FD RX7

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Well I guess if I don't write something here the site will keep asking me to write a reply to whoever wants one.
I'm old old school , so I don't always think like all you young bulls and heifers out there in cyber space. When I get this contraption (web site) figured out properly I will write something that may be of interest to some folk.
In the mean time I am scrounging up ideas on how to get on the road ASAP with one of my two vehicles (I wont call either a "RIG " yet because they are not yet that quality presently) !!
I just purchased the old 2000 Land Rover Discovery 2, its bone stock (100 k miles), with a few minor bruises laid on by a heavy hail storm a couple of years ago, and just begging to be undomesticated. I've ordered a 3" lift kit from Lucky8 and looking for some help to put all those GOODIES under "SHEILA'S" body. In the mean time I am just arm chairing the road trips with the Overland Bound videos that put the interest back into my eager spirit of off roading. Like Willy says, I'm about to get "ON THE ROAD AGAIN" , but i'll be at the back of the pack for a spell...Thanks for reading, Happy trails !

Jimmy Schantz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Well I guess if I don't write something here the site will keep asking me to write a reply to whoever wants one.
I'm old old school , so I don't always think like all you young bulls and heifers out there in cyber space. When I get this contraption (web site) figured out properly I will write something that may be of interest to some folk.
In the mean time I am scrounging up ideas on how to get on the road ASAP with one of my two vehicles (I wont call either a "RIG " yet because they are not yet that quality presently) !!
I just purchased the old 2000 Land Rover Discovery 2, its bone stock (100 k miles), with a few minor bruises laid on by a heavy hail storm a couple of years ago, and just begging to be undomesticated. I've ordered a 3" lift kit from Lucky8 and looking for some help to put all those GOODIES under "SHEILA'S" body. In the mean time I am just arm chairing the road trips with the Overland Bound videos that put the interest back into my eager spirit of off roading. Like Willy says, I'm about to get "ON THE ROAD AGAIN" , but i'll be at the back of the pack for a spell...Thanks for reading, Happy trails !
Your going to love your roverIMG_20190224_140827048.jpegIMG_20190224_122028219.jpegIMG_20190224_121338979.jpeg

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
I just purchased the old 2000 Land Rover Discovery 2, its bone stock (100 k miles), with a few minor bruises laid on by a heavy hail storm a couple of years ago, and just begging to be undomesticated. I've ordered a 3" lift kit from Lucky8 and looking for some help to put all those GOODIES under "SHEILA'S" body. In the mean time I am just arm chairing the road trips with the Overland Bound videos that put the interest back into my eager spirit of off roading. Like Willy says, I'm about to get "ON THE ROAD AGAIN" , but i'll be at the back of the pack for a spell...Thanks for reading, Happy
Stop that, your making me drool all over my key board !! Which one is yours ? You guys have some real mud down your way I see from the utube video's.

Reactions: Aussie571

Jimmy Schantz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

I just purchased the old 2000 Land Rover Discovery 2, its bone stock (100 k miles), with a few minor bruises laid on by a heavy hail storm a couple of years ago, and just begging to be undomesticated. I've ordered a 3" lift kit from Lucky8 and looking for some help to put all those GOODIES under "SHEILA'S" body. In the mean time I am just arm chairing the road trips with the Overland Bound videos that put the interest back into my eager spirit of off roading. Like Willy says, I'm about to get "ON THE ROAD AGAIN" , but i'll be at the back of the pack for a spell...Thanks for reading, Happy

Stop that, your making me drool all over my key board !! Which one is yours ? You guys have some real mud down your way I see from the utube video's.
Mine is the black oneIMG_20190224_094048138_HDR.jpegIMG_20190215_093221956.jpeg

Unbound4R

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Leander, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Binder
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W6UXD
IMG_5350.JPG

Hey everyone,

My name is Mike and I am not new to overlanding and off-roading. Took a 8 year break and got back I to it last year. Currently I’m working on outfitting and building up my new to me 2000 Toyota 4Runner Sport. Hit me up if your anywhere around Orange County, CA and maybe we can hits some trails and camp.