Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all, and greetings from Coeur D'Alene Idaho.

Looking forward to meeting some local members and getting out there!

I've spent a lot of time in the Sierra Nevadas in my old wrangler, but the focus back then was getting to trail heads and then backpacking for a week or two. Now that I have a family in tow, I'm excited to try the overland approach to enjoying the outdoors. I have a lot of experience navigating forest service roads and jeep trails, but a trip to the top of bald mountain near Shaver Lake is about the most technical thing I've tackled in a truck.

Current Fleet:

2002 Landcruiser
2002 4runner
1950 WIlly's jeep

All mostly stock with the exception of mild lifts, armor, winch, and tire upgrades.
Welcome to Overland Bound! Shaver from the back side is fairly technical.

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/overland-bound-meetups.24/
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/overland-trip-planning.21/

The Inland-northwest meet-up conference call happens the third Sunday of the month, and they are also having several trail runs during the summer. If your interested here is the forum link.https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/inland-northwest-conference-call-06-17-2018.13703/

If you have any questions your Representative is @Jedi on the forum.

brien

Sonoran Space Program
Staff member

Off-Road Ranger I

Tucson, AZ
First Name
Brien
Last Name
Wankel
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7XPO
Hi all! fairly new to overlanding, I own a 2016 JKU Rubicon. I just ordered my membership kit and am looking forward to meeting some like minded people and sucking up all of their knowledge!

Cheers,
Mark
Welcome! I also have a 2016 Rubicon, it's a fantastic rig!

Check the Overland Bound U.S. East Region forum section and the East Region Rally Points to connect directly with members and events in your area.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Got my badge last weekend :)

2018 Jeep JK in the Sacramento area. A few upgrades so far. Looking forward to the challenges of overlanding with a 2 door and being a family of 4.
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/overland-bound-meetups.24/
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/overland-trip-planning.21/

There are two meet-up’s in your area if you are interested, both are on the meet-up page of the forum and the calendar.

Sierra Foothills Overlanders monthly meeting. Questions @Kent R
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/reoccurring-sierra-foothills-overlanders-monthly-olb-meet-up-meeting-10-16-2018.19941/

Sacramento weekly meet-up.
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/sacramento-weekly-meet-up.3332/

If you have any questions your Regional Director is @Narbob

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi all! fairly new to overlanding, I own a 2016 JKU Rubicon. I just ordered my membership kit and am looking forward to meeting some like minded people and sucking up all of their knowledge!

Cheers,
Mark
Welcome to Overland Bound

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Ferndale, WA USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI

I've spent a lot of time in the Sierra Nevadas in my old wrangler, but the focus back then was getting to trail heads and then backpacking for a week or two. Now that I have a family in tow, I'm excited to try the overland approach to enjoying the outdoors. I have a lot of experience navigating forest service roads and jeep trails, but a trip to the top of bald mountain near Shaver Lake is about the most technical thing I've tackled in a truck.

Current Fleet:

2002 Landcruiser
2002 4runner
1950 WIlly's jeep

All mostly stock with the exception of mild lifts, armor, winch, and tire upgrades.
Welcome, @Cabin_fever, to Overland Bound. That is a great fleet you have there! I, too, spent a lot of time in the Sierra Nevadas. Even being at the foot of the Cascades today, I miss them sometimes. The great news is that there are a lot of opportunities in Northern Idaho, so I am sure you won't be bored. @Sandpoint Steve leads a monthly conference call [link] of local (Spokane/North Idaho) members to plan and get to know each other. The group actually just had their first official get together and I know many more things are planned. In fact, at the end of March there is a meetup/learning opportunity right in your in Hayden [link]. To get to know who else is in the area and to talk about PNW specific stuff, head on over to the NorthWest Region forum [link].

As we plan events, they will be posted on our Rally Point System [link], so it is always good to keep an eye on that section.

I look forward to getting to meet you someday. Until then, if you need anything don't hesitate to shoot me a message on the forums @Jedi.

Tundra thompson

Rank III

Contributor III

Omaha, NE, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Thompson
upload_2019-2-24_9-29-11.jpegWanted to say hello and introduce myself! We live dead center in the middle of the country in Omaha Nebraska and love to get out camping and exploring anywhere that we can. The truck is a 2004 Tundra with mild suspension upgrades. The camper that I made and you see in the picture is no longer in the truck and we have switched to a rooftop tent. Way lighter! Glad to finally be part of the community! John

Last edited:

Roam Wild Overland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Contributor I

Halifax, NS
Member #

View attachment 87122Wanted to say hello and introduce myself! We live dead center in the middle of the country in Omaha Nebraska and love to get out camping and exploring anywhere that we can. The truck is a 2004 Tundra with mild suspension upgrades. The camper that I made and you see in the picture is no longer in the truck and we have switched to a rooftop tent. Way lighter! Glad to finally be part of the community! John
Welcome to the group! Looks like the camper you built was pretty stout. Always hard to let go of the home built stuff, but the RTT’s are pretty awesome. Either way, as long as you like to get out and adventure you’ll fit in very well here.

Sandpoint Steve

US NorthWest Region Local Expert
Supporter

Pathfinder III

Sandpoint, Idaho
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Marchiando
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7POE

Current Fleet:

2002 Landcruiser
2002 4runner
1950 WIlly's jeep

Yada yada yada 3rd gen 4runner! Now I'm listening...
Just kidding, welcome to the group. Join in the conference call and we have a free event on 3/30 to put some names and faces together. We should be getting some trail rides on the calendar soon.

Steve

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Exporanger02

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

St.louis Missouri
Member #

Hello my name is George... well it actually is Gyorgy but it is easier for everyone to say it the other way. I live in St.louis Missouri. I have wanted to join the Overlanding community for a while now. I had a few problems along the way, but doesn't everyone? Well anyway thank you for the opportunity to be in the Overlanding community.

Cabin_fever

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Hayden, ID, USA
Member #

Yada yada yada 3rd gen 4runner! Now I'm listening...
Just kidding, welcome to the group. Join in the conference call and we have a free event on 3/30 to put some names and faces together. We should be getting some trail rides on the calendar soon.

Steve
Ha! I'm still a Jeep man at heart, but I have to admit Toyota is winning me over, both the Landcruiser and 4runner have been solid trucks. I'll be there on 3/30. Look forward to meeting you guys.

Sandpoint Steve

US NorthWest Region Local Expert
Supporter

Pathfinder III

Sandpoint, Idaho
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Marchiando
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7POE
Ha! I'm still a Jeep man at heart, but I have to admit Toyota is winning me over, both the Landcruiser and 4runner have been solid trucks. I'll be there on 3/30. Look forward to meeting you guys.
Please RSVP on the rally point site.

FX4ME

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Fort Dix, NJ, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Ayers
Member #

Hello I am New
Just moved to Fort Dix, New Jersey. Look forward to learning and experiencing as much as possible. I just got a new 4X4 pick up and can't wait to get it out there.
love to do / try anything outdoors fishing, hunting, driving. and am open to any information or ideas that will create an opportunity.

TRD_RTC

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Pittsburgh Pa - JBMDL NJ
Member #

Hello I am New
Just moved to Fort Dix, New Jersey. Look forward to learning and experiencing as much as possible. I just got a new 4X4 pick up and can't wait to get it out there.
love to do / try anything outdoors fishing, hunting, driving. and am open to any information or ideas that will create an opportunity.
Welcome!!!

Reactions: Hank Outdoors
My name is Mark.

I live in Fort st John, Canada. Originally from Vancouver Island where I did lots of off-road camping (nothing extreme), hiking etc.
I'd say im a novice to overlanding, slowly setting up my rig and trying to find the time to get out there and explore!
I have a fairly stock 2002 Nissan Xterra (has a few issues that need sorting) and a 2018 Ram 1500 which I am debating on turning into an overland rig (its currently my dd, and work vehicle)

I look forward to getting your guys advice and ideas toward my future endeavors!
Thanks

Attachments

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

My name is Mark.

I live in Fort st John, Canada. Originally from Vancouver Island where I did lots of off-road camping (nothing extreme), hiking etc.
I'd say im a novice to overlanding, slowly setting up my rig and trying to find the time to get out there and explore!
I have a fairly stock 2002 Nissan Xterra (has a few issues that need sorting) and a 2018 Ram 1500 which I am debating on turning into an overland rig (its currently my dd, and work vehicle)

I look forward to getting your guys advice and ideas toward my future endeavors!
Thanks
Welcome from Washington State! You'll love it here. Good luck with sorting out you issues. I've got some issues on my Range Rover that I need to fix as well.

Reactions: Drifterman

J-Caldin

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Orange County, CA, USA
Member #

Hi all,

Just joining the OB community, but have been watching the YouTube channel for some time and love the content. I live in Southern California and love the mountains and deserts in this region. I currently own a 2015 Subaru XV Crosstrek and do light camping out of that. In the past I have owned various Jeeps and trucks and have had many amazing adventures in them. My favorite past vehicle was my 2006 Wrangler Unlimited (LJ) which I still kick myself for letting go. Within the next year or so I plan on purchasing a new rig while retaining my Subaru for daily driving. Currently looking at mid-sized trucks and 4-door wranglers as options but am open to just about anything (including another LJ.

My overlanding experience background has traditionally been centered around rock crawling on weekend trips and I am excited to learn more and begin taking longer trips in the future. I am fairly familiar with recovery and off-roading, but have a lot to learn in terms of vehicle setup, camping equipment and gear specific to overlanding.

Pic is of my old LJ in Big Bear, CA.
Jeep-2.jpg