Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

Roam Wild Overland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Contributor I

Halifax, NS
Member #

Hey everyone! New here. Name is Josh and I'm from the Seattle, WA area. I drive a 2009 4Runner in a one off "Camo Green" color. Hopefully the pic shows up, but I'm new so I'm not sure that I'm allowed to post pics yet. Gonna start building it out a bit before this summer. A buddy and I have scheduled to do the WBDR (Washington Backcountry Discovery Route) in July. I found this site and see that it should be perfect to get me started with outfitting myself/rig with the necessities to have a safe but fun trip. Never done any overlanding but I've got some off-roading experience as well as lots of camping experience. So I thought why not combine it all :grinning: Looking forward to getting to know people and maybe meeting some locals as well!
Welcome to the group. There's TONS of information on here that you'll find helpful - some times too much to even look at it all!

Roam Wild Overland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Contributor I

Halifax, NS
Member #

Hello from North Texas - Denton area.
My truck is a 2008 Hummer H3 Alpha.
My Trailer is a military surplus M1102 trailer with a Humvee radio communications topper.
I have been working on my trailer for the past 4 years and I’m at the point it’s only small tweaks left. I have sence shiftrd over to the H3 working on it as a stand alone overlanding vehicle for just the wife and I. My trailer will always remain our base camp setup when we bring along family and friends.
Sick set up. Welcome to the group!

Reactions: Hank Outdoors

Polaris Overland

Ambassador, Europe

Pioneer I

Newtonhill, Stonehaven, Aberdeenshire, UK
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
Hi from Scotland
K33F and Dug, we go everywhere together, we love mountains and forests
Driving a self-built campervan, mk7 Ford Transit AWD
Looking forward to meeting some of the group in April
Great look forward to meeting you there.
I’m you Regional Director so if you have any questions or I can help with anything please do not hesitate to contact me.

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Ferndale, WA USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
Hey everyone! New here. Name is Josh and I'm from the Seattle, WA area. I drive a 2009 4Runner in a one off "Camo Green" color. Hopefully the pic shows up, but I'm new so I'm not sure that I'm allowed to post pics yet. Gonna start building it out a bit before this summer. A buddy and I have scheduled to do the WBDR (Washington Backcountry Discovery Route) in July. I found this site and see that it should be perfect to get me started with outfitting myself/rig with the necessities to have a safe but fun trip. Never done any overlanding but I've got some off-roading experience as well as lots of camping experience. So I thought why not combine it all :grinning: Looking forward to getting to know people and maybe meeting some locals as well!
Welcome, Josh (@Jwoods360) to the Overland Bound family! That is a great looking 4Runner. I love the color with the blacked out badging. There are a number of great overlanding events occurring throughout the PNW, so I recommend checking out the Overland Bound NorthWest Region forum [link] for meetups and to get to know your neighbors. There are actually a number of members in the area who are talking about doing WABDR this summer, so you might find it helpful to compare notes. As events are planned, they are posted on the Rally Point system [link], so you might want to check that out as well.

I look forward to seeing you out there at a meetup or on the trail! If you need anything, feel free to hit me up on the forums: @Jedi.

Reactions: Jwoods360

Ellavader

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Hello all!

I’m Jon. From the Chicagoland area. Bought a stock 2018 4Runner (Ellavader) last summer and am currently doing a ton of research so hopefully my family and I can take our first trip this year. Became a OB member yesterday OB#16646

I don’t have experience overlanding nor know anyone who does, but love being outdoors and would love to build up my rig to take some long trips. Thank you all for the advice and experience you have shared on this site so far. Looking forward to keep learning.

Attachments

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi guys/girls new to the forum, North Mississippi 94 YJ
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/overland-bound-meetups.24/
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/overland-trip-planning.21/

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overlland Bound by Region”
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/north-america.107/

Here is the link to contact your Regional Director.
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/overland-bound-regions.5928/

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi ya'll! Chris here. Been camping and offroading for several years but first time combining both. Have a 09 Hummer H3 Championship edition and outfitting with better tires, suspension, and underbody protection in the next few weeks. Hitting Peters Mill Run and Bald Mountain Trail the week of July 4th. Currently reside in the Hampton Roads area of VA.
Welcome to Overland Bound

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello!
Rig: 2011 Tacoma Access Cab
Experience: Novice. I joined so I can find people to learn from and ride with. I will say that as a kid I would walk the beaches where I grew up with a shovel in hand and 'help' people that were stuck. Over the years I learned how to get people unstuck on the beach if they were dug in. Now it's my turn to get stuck and learn new types of terrain.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello from North Texas - Denton area.
My truck is a 2008 Hummer H3 Alpha.
My Trailer is a military surplus M1102 trailer with a Humvee radio communications topper.
I have been working on my trailer for the past 4 years and I’m at the point it’s only small tweaks left. I have sence shiftrd over to the H3 working on it as a stand alone overlanding vehicle for just the wife and I. My trailer will always remain our base camp setup when we bring along family and friends.

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.

The DFW area has a Meet-Up that meets monthly, if your interested check out the meet-up page on the forum for details. https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/reoccurring-dallas-fort-worth-dfw-meet-up.18113/page-5#post-265965

If you have any questions your Regional Director is @brien on the forum

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Reactions: Jwoods360

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi from Scotland
K33F and Dug, we go everywhere together, we love mountains and forests
Driving a self-built campervan, mk7 Ford Transit AWD
Looking forward to meeting some of the group in April

Reactions: keeflester

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all!

I’m Jon. From the Chicagoland area. Bought a stock 2018 4Runner (Ellavader) last summer and am currently doing a ton of research so hopefully my family and I can take our first trip this year. Became a OB member yesterday OB#16646

I don’t have experience overlanding nor know anyone who does, but love being outdoors and would love to build up my rig to take some long trips. Thank you all for the advice and experience you have shared on this site so far. Looking forward to keep learning.

You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overlland Bound by Region”
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/north-america.107/

Here is the link to contact your Regional Director.
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/overland-bound-regions.5928/

Reactions: Ellavader

Jwoods360

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Port Orchard, WA, USA
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Woods
Member #

Nice looking rig. I love that color.
Thanks! It's actually not paint. it's Autoflex "dip". It's peelable paint essentially. I can cut and buff it if I need to. Wash it like normal. Clay bar it, etc... It acts like actual paint, and then if I get sick of it I can peel it off. Original color is black underneath.

Also on the WABDR, my wife and I have done two and a half sections of it and it is a lot of fun. We will be trying to finish it this summer. We only came across one section that was "closed" due to a mudslide. We probably could have made it through but were with another couple and neither of us had a winch in case of problems. I am hoping to post a gps track and some pictures of several trips later on.
I'm looking forward to it. We both took 6 days off and are going to do as much as we can in that timeframe. From what I've read, on average it takes about5-6 days to get through. We just figured we'd take our time and do what we could. No hurry.

Jwoods360

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Port Orchard, WA, USA
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Woods
Member #

Welcome, Josh (@Jwoods360) to the Overland Bound family! That is a great looking 4Runner. I love the color with the blacked out badging. There are a number of great overlanding events occurring throughout the PNW, so I recommend checking out the Overland Bound NorthWest Region forum [link] for meetups and to get to know your neighbors. There are actually a number of members in the area who are talking about doing WABDR this summer, so you might find it helpful to compare notes. As events are planned, they are posted on the Rally Point system [link], so you might want to check that out as well.

I look forward to seeing you out there at a meetup or on the trail! If you need anything, feel free to hit me up on the forums: @Jedi.
Thank you! I appreciate the warm welcome here. Seems like a great community. I'll take a look at the meetups and hopefully can make some! Also good to know that I may not be alone on our journey this summer.

Reactions: Jedi

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Hello all!

Welcome. Nice rig...I'm bias of course. [emoji41]
Hope on over to the 4Runner thread and check out other 'Runners. Look forward to seeing your build.
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/index.php?threads/1356/

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

Howdy! New member getting ready for this spring, summer, and autumn season.

Rig: gx470
Exp: overlanding is novice. Grew up with an outdoor/country background, recreational vehicles, and traditional outdoorsman basic skills. I'm hoping overlanding is the platform to combine several past time hobbies of mine. Hope to see you on the trail.
Welcome HiBeam!

NOVA/DC area myself! Be sure to check out the Northern VA/Maryland Thread, it's pretty active with local members.

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

Hi all just joined!!

Rig: 2019 4Runner TRD Off-road
Previous Rig: 2016 Tundra Crewmax
Exp: Novice

Looking to enhance the overlanding experience, going on amazing trips, and meeting new people
Welcome from NOVA/DC!

Be sure to check out the Northern VA/Maryland Thread, it's pretty active with local members, and the 4Runner Owners Registry.

Northern VA/MD Monthly Meetups thread:
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/northern-va-md-monthly-meetups.6193/

Last edited:

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

Hello all!

Welcome Jon!

Be sure to check out the 4Runner Owners Registry, from a fellow T4R owner. ;)

Toyota 4Runner Owner’s Registry: https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/4runner-owners-registry.1356/

Last edited:

Cendee

SE Member Representative
Launch Member
Supporter

Influencer III

West Haven, UT, USA
First Name
Cendee
Last Name
Bjerregaard
Member #

Hello all!

Welcome aboard!

Cendee

SE Member Representative
Launch Member
Supporter

Influencer III

West Haven, UT, USA
First Name
Cendee
Last Name
Bjerregaard
Member #

Hi ya'll! Chris here. Been camping and offroading for several years but first time combining both. Have a 09 Hummer H3 Championship edition and outfitting with better tires, suspension, and underbody protection in the next few weeks. Hitting Peters Mill Run and Bald Mountain Trail the week of July 4th. Currently reside in the Hampton Roads area of VA.
Welcome from Utah!

Reactions: chinsH3