Launch Member

Member III

Robertson County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

Howdy! New member getting ready for this spring, summer, and autumn season.

Rig: gx470
Exp: overlanding is novice. Grew up with an outdoor/country background, recreational vehicles, and traditional outdoorsman basic skills. I'm hoping overlanding is the platform to combine several past time hobbies of mine. Hope to see you on the trail.
Welcome to OLB and the East Region!
If you have any questions or want help planning a trip or meetup of your own feel free to message me or @NovaBound who is the Member Representative in your area.

When looking for events near you check the Calendar at:
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/calendar
Looking for a meetup? Check this link:
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/overland-bound-meetups.24/
Looking for the U.S. East Forum? Check this link:
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/u-s-east-va-wv-md-de-nj-pa-ny-ct-ri-ma-nh-vt-me.83/

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Robertson County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

Hello All,

Rig: 2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimimited (recently replaced my 2010 Xterra)

Experience: I would say I am a novice in what I think of as overlanding. I have been using my vehicle in one capacity or another for outdoor adventure for quite some time, and have been inspired to take it to the next level
From one NYer to another...welcome to OLB and the East Region!
If you have any questions or want help planning a trip or meetup of your own feel free to message me.

When looking for events near you check the Calendar at:
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/calendar
Looking for a meetup? Check this link:
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/overland-bound-meetups.24/
Looking for the U.S. East Forum? Check this link:
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/u-s-east-va-wv-md-de-nj-pa-ny-ct-ri-ma-nh-vt-me.83/

chinsH3

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Colorado Springs, CO, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Cain
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Hi ya'll! Chris here. Been camping and offroading for several years but first time combining both. Have a 09 Hummer H3 Championship edition and outfitting with better tires, suspension, and underbody protection in the next few weeks. Hitting Peters Mill Run and Bald Mountain Trail the week of July 4th. Currently reside in the Hampton Roads area of VA.

IFeelfishy

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hello!
Rig: 2011 Tacoma Access Cab
Experience: Novice. I joined so I can find people to learn from and ride with. I will say that as a kid I would walk the beaches where I grew up with a shovel in hand and 'help' people that were stuck. Over the years I learned how to get people unstuck on the beach if they were dug in. Now it's my turn to get stuck and learn new types of terrain.

HawkH3Alpha

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Denton, TX, USA
Member #

Hello from North Texas - Denton area.
My truck is a 2008 Hummer H3 Alpha.
My Trailer is a military surplus M1102 trailer with a Humvee radio communications topper.
I have been working on my trailer for the past 4 years and I’m at the point it’s only small tweaks left. I have sence shiftrd over to the H3 working on it as a stand alone overlanding vehicle for just the wife and I. My trailer will always remain our base camp setup when we bring along family and friends.

Attachments

Jwoods360

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Port Orchard, WA, USA
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Woods
Member #

Hey everyone! New here. Name is Josh and I'm from the Seattle, WA area. I drive a 2009 4Runner in a one off "Camo Green" color. Hopefully the pic shows up, but I'm new so I'm not sure that I'm allowed to post pics yet. Gonna start building it out a bit before this summer. A buddy and I have scheduled to do the WBDR (Washington Backcountry Discovery Route) in July. I found this site and see that it should be perfect to get me started with outfitting myself/rig with the necessities to have a safe but fun trip. Never done any overlanding but I've got some off-roading experience as well as lots of camping experience. So I thought why not combine it all :grinning: Looking forward to getting to know people and maybe meeting some locals as well!

Attachments

keeflester

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Carradale, Scotland
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Lester
Member #

New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hello from North Texas - Denton area.
My truck is a 2008 Hummer H3 Alpha.
My Trailer is a military surplus M1102 trailer with a Humvee radio communications topper.
I have been working on my trailer for the past 4 years and I’m at the point it’s only small tweaks left. I have sence shiftrd over to the H3 working on it as a stand alone overlanding vehicle for just the wife and I. My trailer will always remain our base camp setup when we bring along family and friends.
Welcome to Overland Bound, glad your here. Make sure you check the forums for your local Overland groups and meet ups.

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hello!
Rig: 2011 Tacoma Access Cab
Experience: Novice. I joined so I can find people to learn from and ride with. I will say that as a kid I would walk the beaches where I grew up with a shovel in hand and 'help' people that were stuck. Over the years I learned how to get people unstuck on the beach if they were dug in. Now it's my turn to get stuck and learn new types of terrain.
Welcome to Overland Bound, glad your here. Make sure you check the forums for your local Overland groups and meet ups.

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hi ya'll! Chris here. Been camping and offroading for several years but first time combining both. Have a 09 Hummer H3 Championship edition and outfitting with better tires, suspension, and underbody protection in the next few weeks. Hitting Peters Mill Run and Bald Mountain Trail the week of July 4th. Currently reside in the Hampton Roads area of VA.

Reactions: chinsH3

Sarge368

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Darby, MT
First Name
John
Last Name
Branham
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG7ECC
Hey everyone! New here. Name is Josh and I'm from the Seattle, WA area. I drive a 2009 4Runner in a one off "Camo Green" color. Hopefully the pic shows up, but I'm new so I'm not sure that I'm allowed to post pics yet. Gonna start building it out a bit before this summer. A buddy and I have scheduled to do the WBDR (Washington Backcountry Discovery Route) in July. I found this site and see that it should be perfect to get me started with outfitting myself/rig with the necessities to have a safe but fun trip. Never done any overlanding but I've got some off-roading experience as well as lots of camping experience. So I thought why not combine it all :grinning: Looking forward to getting to know people and maybe meeting some locals as well!
Nice looking rig. I love that color.

Reactions: Jwoods360

Sarge368

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Darby, MT
First Name
John
Last Name
Branham
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG7ECC
Also on the WABDR, my wife and I have done two and a half sections of it and it is a lot of fun. We will be trying to finish it this summer. We only came across one section that was "closed" due to a mudslide. We probably could have made it through but were with another couple and neither of us had a winch in case of problems. I am hoping to post a gps track and some pictures of several trips later on.

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Welcome! I'm on Whidbey Island. Just about 2 1/2 hours north of Seattle. If you want to do a run, hit be up.

Best Regards,
Gabriel Bozeman