Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Good day everyone!
I've been following a bunch of all things overlanding on Youtube and Instagram and i thought it was time I join myself.
I'm Alex
Location - Colorado
Rig - 2018 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR
Experience - I've always enjoyed the outdoors, from Snowboarding to hiking to camping and fishing, even in my little VW GTI, but since I got this new vehicle, I can actually get to areas that my little car couldn't get me to. Looking forward to meeting people that share the same passion for the outdoors and inspire my truck build!
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/overland-bound-meetups.24/
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/overland-trip-planning.21/

If you have any questions message your Regional Director or Representative they are there to help.
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/overland-bound-regions.5928/

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone! My name is josh from Santa Barbara, ca. I'm new to the group but not new to overlanding. Been doing it in one form or another my whole life. My father was an avid hunter and we were always on the go hunting/camping/daytripping during weekends and any time we had the chance.

My wife and I have a 2006 Toyota Tacoma trd sport 4x4 that I've had since new and been using it as often as we can. Usually camping, fishing, exploring and surfing.

I'm excited to be on here and always looking for advice and recommendations. Thanks for letting me join!

View attachment 83168 View attachment 83170
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/overland-bound-meetups.24/
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/forums/overland-trip-planning.21/

If you have any questions message me on the forum @Kent R

tedaposto

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Hello Everyone!

My name is Ted, I am a photographer and lighting tech from Philadelphia, PA (with plans of relocating to the PNW soon)

I drive a 2005 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road.

I have been in the outdoors my whole life, with experience in many forms from; day hikes to multi-day backpacking to car camping. kayaking, canoeing, climbing, and photo-adventures.

I love the restorative properties of spending quality time in nature.

I am new to the Overland community and excited to explore and grow wtih OB.

IMG_6424.JPG

Last edited:

flyboytr

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Mobile, Alabama, USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE4KHQ
Hello,
My name is Travis (AKA FlyboyTR) and I'm from L.A. (Lower Alabama). I joined Overland Bound as a member last week and am glad to be here.

We enjoy camping in all forms and try to do a little bit of everything. We have only been exploring the overlanding concept for less than a year. However, we are having fun and continue to expand. In Sept/Oct 2018 we did a 29 day, 8,300 mile trip out west pulling our off-road capable pop up camper (which we now have for sale). Our primary tow and off-road vehicle is an 06 Lexus GX470 with tires and lift. We have certainly enjoyed it!

I will look forward to reading, learning, asking questions and contributing when I can. Thanks! :)20181012_121808.jpg

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Arlington, WA, USA
First Name
Brie
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
Hello, I'm Laci Churchill
Rigs: 2015 Jeep Cherokee, 2019 Trail Seeker Trailer & Tepui Antuana
Experience: I have used my tent on two excursions and have not got to use my new trailer set up yet :)
Hi @Laci Churchill and welcome to Overland Bound! The Portland area is a perfect place to enjoy your trailer and tent. There are also a number of Overland Bound members in the area, so I am sure you will have no trouble finding people to join you on the trails. I recommend starting out by checking into the NorthWest Region forum [link] so that you can see what is going on and get to know your neighbors.

Next week, on Monday, January 28th, we have a meet up scheduled at Famous Dave's Bar-B-Que at Cascade Point in Portland [link]. It would be great if you could make it out to get to know some other Overland Bound members.

The best way to keep on top of coming events is by checking out the Rally Point system [link].

I look forward to seeing you out there! If you need anything, feel free to hit me up on the forums: @Jedi.

Luis Merlo

OB1962

Influencer II

Collingwood Park, Queensland,4301
First Name
Luis
Last Name
Merlo
Member #

Reactions: Steve_ohhhhh

Overland70xc

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hey all I had a 1992 Toyota 4 Runner that was a little modded for offroading and some overlanding. (3 inch lift, 33 ko2s, light bar, rack and recovery gear) Sold that to get something a little more reliable to take on the long 5 hour commute to college. Settled on a very clean 2002 Volvo 70xc that had 96000 miles on it and I put 6000 on since August. This isn't a very popular car to offroad, since it is a car. However, I want to do a few modifications to keep it as my reliable commuter but to also take advantage of the awesome remote locations around me here in the mountains. There aren't many others who have done this to volvos, other than Young Satchel so this thread is for me to document the process. So far my list of "mods" include all led lights conversion, new suspension system, tune up, yakima crossbars, and extended rack, 40" light bar and 2 led pods, all weather mats, set of sparco terras, new brakes, navigation/stereo system, and tint all the way around for privacy.

Cody_Gorsuch

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Altoona, PA, USA
First Name
Cody
Last Name
Gorsuch
Member #

Hey all!!! Cody from Altoona,PA here. Just getting into overlanding and vehicular camping! Have been hiking and off-roading since I was little. We have a 2017 TRD off-road Tacoma with slight mods and a 2019 TRD off-road premium 4Runner. Glad to be a part of the group and hope to meet some locals!

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

Hey all!!! Cody from Altoona,PA here. Just getting into overlanding and vehicular camping! Have been hiking and off-roading since I was little. We have a 2017 TRD off-road Tacoma with slight mods and a 2019 TRD off-road premium 4Runner. Glad to be a part of the group and hope to meet some locals!
Welcome Cody!

Reactions: Luis Merlo

Kevin Doran

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

San Diego
Member #

Hi all! My name is Kevin, and I am new to overlanding. I am in the process of building my 2017 Tacoma. I am originally from Michigan, and am currently living in San Diego. I moved out here in 99 when I joined the Navy, and have been out here pretty much ever since. I love what the area has to offer. I'm excited to get my rig to the point where I can consider it close to finished... but she's not there yet. I don't have a recent pic, but here's one from just after I put my roof rack on.

Attachments

Bad River Runner

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Milwaukee, WI, USA
First Name
Philip
Last Name
Gagnon
Member #

Hello, Brock Burnard here from Snowy Wisconsin.
Rig: 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee... Soon to obtain a XJ or a copart JKU and build up from there.
Experience: Novice. NEED MORE Trail time! :)
Excited to be apart of this group!
Hello I’m also in Wisconsin where in the state do you live I need some time as well

Reactions: Luis Merlo

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Robertson County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

Hello Everyone!

My name is Ted, I am a photographer and lighting tech from Philadelphia, PA (with plans of relocating to the PNW soon)

I drive a 2005 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road.

I have been in the outdoors my whole life, with experience in many forms from; day hikes to multi-day backpacking to car camping. kayaking, canoeing, climbing, and photo-adventures.

I love the restorative properties of spending quality time in nature.

I am new to the Overland community and excited to explore and grow wtih OB.

View attachment 83183
Hi Ted! Welcome to OLB and the East Region. Watch the Calendar and the Regional Forum for upcoming events and meetups.
Feel free to ask any questions.