Launch Member

Contributor III

Westport, Indiana, USA
First Name
Stephen
Last Name
Fritts
Member #

Hi everyone! New member from Indiana! Been wanting to get into this for some time and just now getting started. My current rig is a 99 Blazer. Starting local and working my way out from there. I have alot to learn and with the work schedule getting time wont be easy. Nice to meet everyone!20181214_165803.jpg

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hi everyone! New member from Indiana! Been wanting to get into this for some time and just now getting started. My current rig is a 99 Blazer. Starting local and working my way out from there. I have alot to learn and with the work schedule getting time wont be easy. Nice to meet everyone!View attachment 79417
Welcome to Overland Bound, glad to see you here. OB is a community full of people that are ready and willing to help.

Be sure to check the forums for your local Overland Group and meetups.

Reactions: ZRex

Dandy Taylor

Rank V

Advocate II

Herriman, Salt Lake County, Utah, United States
First Name
Dandy
Last Name
Taylor
Member #

Hi everyone! New member from Indiana! Been wanting to get into this for some time and just now getting started. My current rig is a 99 Blazer. Starting local and working my way out from there. I have alot to learn and with the work schedule getting time wont be easy. Nice to meet everyone!View attachment 79417
Nice! I had a '93 blazer at one point. Loved that truck. Welcome to OB.

alx_alx_69

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler III

Hope Mills, NC USA
Member #

Hello all,
My name is Alex, I am an active duty soldier stationed at Fort Bragg NC. I love to drive off road and camp, so obviously overlanding has really peaked my interest.
I have a 2016 Toyota 4Runner and love it (pics to come soon)
I am not super experienced, I have done alot of off-road driving usually in military vehicles in countries not as awesome as America
I am very excited to have joined this community and look forward to learning more about it.

sebsch

Rank 0

Traveler I

I´m Sebastian aka sebsch. I´m 24 years old and from a small village near Regensburg in Bavaria, Germany.
I came first into offroading at the age of 5, when I got my first Honda dirtbike, a small 50ccm one.
After growing fast I changes to more serous bikes. a 125ccm Yamaha Dirtbike, lovely 2 stroke!
Then things get dirty, I got a 125KTM LC2 for road use and a Kawasaki KX 250 2 Strocke for the dirt!
At the age of 17 I had three bikes for more offroad use than onroad.. The mighty 125 Ktm LC2 ( modified with a 170ccm cylinder and piston and much more stuff went on with the engine), second the old but gold Kawasaki KX 250, a nice beast at the dirt ( also modified for stunt use and to play around with) and the last one was a KTM 530 EXC-R which I build up a little different. I allways loved shiny and perfect made things, so I do a lot of custom carbon work on it and some more engine-modifications. At the end the KTM Beast was all over extremly tuned!

At the same time my family allways have offroad capable cars, for example Suzuki Vitara, Jimny(Modified) Chevy Suburban, Chevy Tahoe, as well 2 Nissan Terrano II etc.
But never a pickup/ truck, but I allways loved the look of them.
As a 18 year old teenager I want something else. So I first got an Alfa Romeo 147 with only 150 HP so not long after that I buyed my self a Audi TT Quattro with 224Hp and also start to modify cars. So little more hp there and other wheels and some suspension upgrades there, so at the end the Audi had around 280 hp and was fun to drive.
In 2014 my Audi began to suck, so I have the opportunity to get a Ford Ranger. Yeah my first truck!

So I went to the local Ford dealer and I got it!
And its since then my ride of choice!

It´s a 2013 Ford Ranger (PX) Wildtrack doublecap in frost white, with a 3.2liter 5 cylinder turbo diesel engine and manual transmission. At the time making 250hp and 530Nm torque.
And yes I modified some parts ;) but I´m not done with it, but money is as allways the problem number one!

List of modifications is toooo long for here.
But it´s lifted, bigger tires and lights and so on ;)

Feel free to ask!

PS: I also have a Polaris Sportsman 570 and a ´81 Vespa px 125 ( Yes, both modified, can´t live without it)

And I love to be outdoors ( who guess it ;) )
Job: Active Soldier since a few years as a Mountain Infantry Sergeant

EDIT: Pictures show the all day config, for traffle I mount a RTT and awnings etc.

Attachments

Last edited:

Ricel

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Cumberland Rhode Island
First Name
Curt
Last Name
Sellon
Member #

BFE557C8-43C8-4CC5-BC12-BE2325739846.jpeg 0A8AB1B1-1065-4639-B27F-9C261330AC86.jpeg
9237ECE8-946F-4F75-B1CA-3911B2914A2B.jpeg

Hey guys glad to finally make it over to the forums. I’ve been on a bit of a hiatus lately with the truck but 2019 is a new year!

Living in Rhode Island, I’ve owned this Xterra since 2012 and have had an ‘02 before it. An avid wheeler, gear head, backpacker, snowboarder and sailor, I’m always doing something.

I don’t get out on the trail as much as I’d like, but always working on either my truck or a few local crew member’s rigs. Timing chains, suspension work, drawer systems or electrical, I’ve done it all and always willing to help out a fellow overland/off-roader.

brien

Sonoran Space Program
Staff member

Off-Road Ranger I

Tucson, AZ
First Name
Brien
Last Name
Wankel
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7XPO
Hello all,
My name is Alex, I am an active duty soldier stationed at Fort Bragg NC. I love to drive off road and camp, so obviously overlanding has really peaked my interest.
I have a 2016 Toyota 4Runner and love it (pics to come soon)
I am not super experienced, I have done alot of off-road driving usually in military vehicles in countries not as awesome as America
I am very excited to have joined this community and look forward to learning more about it.
Welcome, and thank you for your service!

brien

Sonoran Space Program
Staff member

Off-Road Ranger I

Tucson, AZ
First Name
Brien
Last Name
Wankel
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7XPO
Not sure if I'm doing this right...first post.

Rig: 04 4runner 4x4
Experience: moderate

We love the outdoors and meeting new people!
Excited to be here in the OBC!View attachment 79439
Welcome, from next door in Arizona. That rainbow photo is awesome!

Reactions: Trigger T4R

Booker

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Valrico FL
Member #

Hey y'all. New member here. My name is Tony (aka Booker). I live in the Tampa Bay area of Florida.
I'm new to overlanding but I've been camping and traveling all over the USA for several years, usually with all my gear strapped on my mountain bike. (bikepacking)
I have a 1999 Tacoma that my wife and I have started outfitting and we're really looking forward to getting out on the back roads of America.

I have a long list of things to do to this truck and I look forward to learning from the group.
0817181210_HDR_resized.jpg

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi, Nick and Loretta here, we live in Sebastian, Fl. and we are retired. I drive a 2013 wrangler 2d with DIY pack trailer. Off roading for 6 Yrs. ,overlanding the last yr. love it out west. will try to send a picture but i dont know how to attach it.
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and meet-up page for events and trips that might be happening close to you.

If you have any questions message me on the forum @Kent R

Reactions: Magic Mike

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone just got my membership and setting my account

Naji.

Check the forum calendar and meet-up page for events and trips that might be happening close to you.

Reactions: Najman

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Greetings, everyone.
I am from Los Angeles California, but have been living in NM for the last 17 years. I have a 2nd gen taco, a pop up that will be for sale and RTT that we love. I'll add pics soon.