First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
View attachment 4709 Location: Lier, Norway
Rig: 2013 Toyota Land Cruiser 150 ( or Prado which its called elsewhere ) modified by Arctic Trucks Norway.
Experience: Pretty fresh when it comes to overlanding but been into the offroad scene for about 5 years. Bought myself a rooftop tent in march and the first overland trip was in april and after that I was hooked!
Welcome to the forum.

Reactions: thorstein

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Wow! Can't believe how big of a community this is. I've been on MUD for about 8 years and just lived there for my LX450. I considered just using my standard screen name of NLXTACY (my license plate) but figured meh, I'll use my company name instead.

I met Michael from OB and a bunch of really cool people while at Overland Expo West and that's how I found this forum. I actually have emblem #0161 and really I gave to the cause because it was a fellow 80 lover trying to do something in overlanding. I had no idea I was helping to fund an empire [emoji12]

I have an 84 FJ60 and my 97 LX450 heavily modified. I've been "overlanding" for 24 years now with 350k miles on my LX to show for it.

Looking forward to getting a little more involved.

View attachment 4710View attachment 4711

Sent from my iPhone using Overland Bound Talk
Welcome. I pretty much quit spending time on Jeep forums. I enjoy OB because of the diversity of rigs and knowledge.

Reactions: Wits' End

NorthStar96

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wow! Can't believe how big of a community this is. I've been on MUD for about 8 years and just lived there for my LX450. I considered just using my standard screen name of NLXTACY (my license plate) but figured meh, I'll use my company name instead.

I met Michael from OB and a bunch of really cool people while at Overland Expo West and that's how I found this forum. I actually have emblem #0161 and really I gave to the cause because it was a fellow 80 lover trying to do something in overlanding. I had no idea I was helping to fund an empire [emoji12]

I have an 84 FJ60 and my 97 LX450 heavily modified. I've been "overlanding" for 24 years now with 350k miles on my LX to show for it.

Looking forward to getting a little more involved.

View attachment 4710View attachment 4711

Sent from my iPhone using Overland Bound Talk
Welcome @Wits' End to the group! always good to see another Lexus Fzj80!

Last edited:
Reactions: Wits' End

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

View attachment 4709 Location: Lier, Norway
Rig: 2013 Toyota Land Cruiser 150 ( or Prado which its called elsewhere ) modified by Arctic Trucks Norway.
Experience: Pretty fresh when it comes to overlanding but been into the offroad scene for about 5 years. Bought myself a rooftop tent in march and the first overland trip was in april and after that I was hooked!
Welcome! What a great photo, and an Arctic Trucks Land Cruiser to boot. Very cool!

Reactions: thorstein

Gunnermoose

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Mesa, Arizona
Member #

Hello all - Just entered. I am from the Valley of the Sun in Phoenix, AZ. Currently own a 2013 FJ Cruiser that has been modified to allow me to literally live off of the vehicle. Completed multiple week long trips (to include the AZ and UT BDR trails) with it and had a great time. Look forward to seeing some of you out on the trails.

Last edited:

RyanC

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Pinckney, MI
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1RAC
Hello! Checking in from south-east Michigan. I just about have my Tacoma how I want it but haven't had a chance to get out with it yet. Does anyone have a suggestion for a weekend trip in Michigan?

This is probably the best picture I have of my rig, first time opening the tent and practicing setup.

Ryan

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

Does anyone have a suggestion for a weekend trip in Michigan?
Welcome! I was just getting ready to ask you where you go exploring and then I came upon that sentence. I'm just west of Cleveland, so I was hoping you had somewhere close. I imagine there are plenty of places up toward Sleeping Bear, but that's a ways away.

Welcome to the Overland Bound forum!

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Hello all - Just entered. I am from the Valley of the Sun in Phoenix, AZ. Currently own a 2013 FJ Cruiser that has been modified to allow me to literally live off of the vehicle. Completed multiple week long trips (to include the AZ and UT BDR trails) with it and had a great time. Look forward to seeing some of you out on the trails.
Welcome. I used to be a Phoenician till I moved back to Iowa. Lots of opportunities for off roading there.

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Hello! Checking in from south-east Michigan. I just about have my Tacoma how I want it but haven't had a chance to get out with it yet. Does anyone have a suggestion for a weekend trip in Michigan?

This is probably the best picture I have of my rig, first time opening the tent and practicing setup.

Ryan
Welcome. Have you been to Sleeping Bear Dunes? We're heading up to Traverse City in July and hope to make it there again. I used to live in TC so we make a trip up every summer. Of course, Drummond Island is on the bucket list. Haven't made it there yet. Seems though that the lower portion of the state has close off a lot of areas to vehicles. I have better luck in the U.P.

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Welcome! I was just getting ready to ask you where you go exploring and then I came upon that sentence. I'm just west of Cleveland, so I was hoping you had somewhere close. I imagine there are plenty of places up toward Sleeping Bear, but that's a ways away.

Welcome to the Overland Bound forum!
A drive up the peninsula from Traverse City is beautiful. Plus, there are quite a few winerys to stop at and sample the local wines. As well as several road side farm stands.

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

A drive up the peninsula from Traverse City is beautiful.
Yep, one fall we started at Empire, wandered out on the Leelaneu Peninsula, then up to Charlevoix, Petosky, Mackinaw, and then to Green Bay and up to the tip of Door County peninsula. We brought back a few cases of wine from that trip!

We stayed at Glen Arbor on early spring before most places had opened, and it was heaven! We were at a restaurant with a big fire roaring, and the only patrons there. We loved it! We looked at buying some property above Empire, but from Zillow, I see that it is now a big housing development full of million dollar homes... This was around 1985 or so. Storm Hill Drive was a farm track through an old orchard with some land for sale.

[EDIT] Oh! Those are million dollar empty lots! We were looking at $50-60k/lot if I recall.

Last edited:
Reactions: ShawnR

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Yep, one fall we started at Empire, wandered out on the Leelaneu Peninsula, then up to Charlevoix, Petosky, Mackinaw, and then to Green Bay and up to the tip of Door County peninsula. We brought back a few cases of wine from that trip!

We stayed at Glen Arbor on early spring before most places had opened, and it was heaven! We were at a restaurant with a big fire roaring, and the only patrons there. We loved it! We looked at buying some property above Empire, but from Zillow, I see that it is now a big housing development full of million dollar homes... This was around 1985 or so. Storm Hill Drive was a farm track through an old orchard with some land for sale.

[EDIT] Oh! Those are million dollar empty lots! We were looking at $50-60k/lot if I recall.
Holy cow! That's some expensive property. Last year we looked at 250 acres in the U.P. for around $140,000. Heavily wooded and completely off the grid. I'd love to live back up there someday but unfortunately my wife isn't too fond of the cold.

Reactions: Steve

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Mr.Matsumoto
Rig:1995 Toyota 4Runner (just rebuilt from being totalled)
Experience: Havent overlanded in my rig yet. It isn't finished yet. Spent time in the military on long convoys and living out of my humvee if that's close.
Welcome to the forum.

Reactions: mr.moto

Gunnermoose

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Mesa, Arizona
Member #

Lots of opportunities for off roading there.
It would have to be a very good reason for me to leave AZ. The year round accessibility to the outdoors is great. I have only lived here just over 5 years and have been told I have seen more of the state's back country than some lifelong residents.

Mad Garden Gnome

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Templeton, Ca
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Marlett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W6ORV
Mr.Matsumoto
Rig:1995 Toyota 4Runner (just rebuilt from being totalled)
Experience: Havent overlanded in my rig yet. It isn't finished yet. Spent time in the military on long convoys and living out of my humvee if that's close.
Totaled?
What happened?
@SLO Rob had just picked up his prized 4R when it was totaled.

mr.moto

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Sacramento, CA
Member #

i was stationed in kansas when it happened. kansas thought it was a good idea to have stop signs on the sides of highways. anyways. 0400 i was on my way to work. as i was turning onto the highway a lady was speeding up the hill on my driver side. i was about half way into the proper lane when she decided that turning into the way i was going was the best choise. she hit me as i was just getting into my lane. aka her oncoming lane. result was a bent frame and mangled body parts. i sustained a cut on my brain and a bad neck injury. before i could finish the rebuild in kansas i was deployed to the middle east. on my return i shipped her home to sacramento since i was getting out and moving back home anyways. since then i have almost finished her. gotta tear into the engine this week to fix a check engine light... hopefully . lol we all know how that goes.