Enthusiast I

8017 Headwater Drive, Blacklick, Ohio 43004, United States
First Name
Ted
Last Name
Gillilan
Member #

Hello,

My name is Ted and I’ve been in the Sacramento area for about a year now. I drive a 2018 Subaru Outback. My experience overlanding is relatively low. I have just started to get in to the idea while I was in Iraq watching Ronnie Dahl and the overlandbound channel. I’m looking forward to getting out and experiencing what is out there and meeting some new people.

Attachments

Zach Jacobe

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Bend Oregon
Member #

Hello,

My name is Ted and I’ve been in the Sacramento area for about a year now. I drive a 2018 Subaru Outback. My experience overlanding is relatively low. I have just started to get in to the idea while I was in Iraq watching Ronnie Dahl and the overlandbound channel. I’m looking forward to getting out and experiencing what is out there and meeting some new people.
Hey @TedG ! Welcome to the Overland Bound Forums! I am almost as new as you! Hopefully you can find some awesome adventures to go on here! I do not know much more than you do at this point! But definitely check out all the new member forums, your regions forum and the Rig Build forum(lots of good ideas there!) Anyway! Let me or anyone else that knows more than me know if you have any questions and I'll do my best to answer them for you! Welcome to the Crew!!

Zach Jacobe

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Bend Oregon
Member #

Hey everyone! Just received my members kit in the mail!

I live in Ontario, Canada and drive a 2008 Ford Ranger.
Try to get out as much as possible and would rate my overall overlanding/offroad experience somewhere in the middle of the road.
View attachment 78297 View attachment 78299
Welcome @ORO ! You have an awesome looking build! Hope to see more of you on the forums and maybe someday we will have the chance to meet! Welcome to the forums and the crew!

Reactions: ORO and Ncat

Overland_Bubba

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Luxembourg
First Name
Jerry
Last Name
Fusenig
Member #

Great looking rig, I’ve always wanted to travel Europe and explore old battle grounds but the only time I’ve been able to be in Europe has been on business! Oh well maybe someday. Welcome to Overland Bound, it’s a wonderful community, filled with great people.

Get into the forums and find local Overlanding groups and meet-ups, you won’t be sorry!
hi Mike,

thanks for the compliment.
When you're back in Europe, maybe you can drop by and we'll do a tour.
If you are interested I will post you a link to the website of my buddy with whom I am travelling. There you can find many pictures and plans of the WWII defences. At the moment as a noob I'm still limited on user rights so that I can't post any links.

Reactions: Magic Mike

John Clark

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

West Virginia
First Name
John
Last Name
Clark
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE8MUF
Hey all.

As you can see my name is John. I live in West Virginia currently and am working on a build of a 2006 Subaru Impreza. Really looking forward to the ideas I see on the rigs on here.

CllaChance

Rank 0

Traveler I

Ecuador
Hey all,

Chris from Ecuador here, formerly of Alberta, Canada. I have a 98 Montero sport that I picked up down here, seems to be pretty solid. The experience level of the techs here doesn't delve into automatic transmissions or it didn't years back so my 98 has had a 5 speed swap done on it and I won't complain :)

I'll be starting a build on it after the new year is out of the way. It will be getting a lift, tires, roof rack, bumpers and possibly a winch if I can find one for a decent price down here. I won't be getting to crazy with it as it will be my daily driver but I hope to make it equipped enough to travel South America in bit by bit.

For the Montero peeps in here who have experience with the Montero's I will probably be hitting you up for info as I am getting nowhere on the Montero specific forums and this is my first Montero. I've been mainly a Jeep guy prior to this Endeavour, I have had YJ's, TJ's and XJ's in the past.

Attachments

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi Fellow Overlanders

My name is Ray. I just became a member and I couldn't be more excited to start my Overlanding experience.
I'm located in Northern Utah and I spend as much time in Southern Utah as I can.
I currently have a 2001 Toyota Sequoia with 250K Miles. Currenly making some mods to make it better suited for Overlanding. Lift is First !
I am a Novice and I'm looking forward to learning more from other members.

Thanks,

Ray
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and meet-up page fo events and trips that might be happening close to you.

If you have any questions message me on the forum @Kent R

Here is a meet-up you might be interested in.
https://www.overlandbound.com/event/meet-greet-plan/

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello!

Justin here:

1. Benton, AR
2. 1994 Land Cruiser, wife has a 1997 TJ
3. Just getting into overlanding, but have spent most of my life in the outdoors for one reason or another. We enjoy the adventure, camaraderie, and sites and can't wait to get started in this! Just got the LC and trying to gain knowledge and get it ready.

Check the forum calendar and meet-up page for events and trips that might be happening close to you.

If you have any questions message your regional ambassador or you can contact me on the forum

@Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi,

I originate from Stoke On Trent in the UK, my wife Dolores comes from Granada in Andalucía Spain, we have recently moved to Knoxville, Tennessee. We have been overlanding since 2005, lots of trips around the UK, Europe, Tunisia, Morocco, and Western Sahara. Our first rig was a Defender 110 which lasted 5 years, then on to an 80 series land cruiser which we still have and love.. Here in the US I have started a 4Runner build which will take me through the winter, but we've already started exploring the tracks of South East Tennessee and North Carolina. We also like to explore on 2 wheels, we have KTM 1290 SAR (profile picture of a trip to the Alps in the summer of 2017) which we are hoping to ship and import to the US soon.

Looking forward to getting to know some of you in the coming months.
Phil.

Check the forum calendar and meet-up page for events and trips that might be happening close to you.
You will fit right in with this group.
If you have any questions message your regional ambassador or you can contact me on the forum

@Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello from Louisiana!

I am looking forward to spending more time around here and planning more trips! I currently have a Power Wagon (previously had a 4Runner Trail) and my GF (who also enjoys doing this kind of stuff too) has a Xterra Pro-4X. I have experience overlanding in North Central Arkansas and Big Bend Texas, but hope to get involved with others to explore some other places. We are trying to decided now where we want to go for Christmas...thinking maybe Texas hill country, but may just head back to the BB SP to test out the PW.

@Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi OB!

Based just north of San Francisco in Sonoma County, but often down in SoCal exploring the desert.
Rig is a 2nd gen Xterra Pro-4x, stock down to the mud-flaps. Kind of amazed how capable it has been and trying to see how far I can go with minimum mod (though will need recovery pt on back at the very least!).

Planning a trip right now for Xmas week to Death Valley or Mojave road, then hoping to do Baja later in 2019. Most recent was down in Anza (photo attached)

We are planing a meet-up in the Santa Rosa area probably in January, there are two members working on a location and as soon as that is nailed down they will put it out.

@Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
I’m headed to Mojave road in Feb. any info on other good trails on either end would be greatly appreciated.
Welcome! There are several trips planed to the Mojave Road that are on the forum and you can find older trips to get info from. Great way to get info for trip planning.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi,

Greeting from the northeast!
My name is Jeff. I live just north of Boston.
I drive a 2011 Jeep JKU with a 3.5 inch lift rolling on 35's
I've spent most of my life playing in the White Mountains, and all over New England.
View attachment 78282

Looking forward to the world of overlanding!
Welcome to Overland Bound! Your east region will reach out to you about whats going on up there.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello,

There are two meet-up’s in your area if you are interested, both are on the meet-up page of the forum and the calendar.

Sierra Foothills Overlanders monthly meeting.

https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/reoccurring-sierra-foothills-overlanders-monthly-olb-meet-up-meeting-10-16-2018.19941/

Sacramento weekly meet-up.

https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/sacramento-weekly-meet-up.3332/

If you have any questions message me on the forum @Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone! Just received my members kit in the mail!

I live in Ontario, Canada and drive a 2008 Ford Ranger.
Try to get out as much as possible and would rate my overall overlanding/offroad experience somewhere in the middle of the road.
View attachment 78297 View attachment 78299

@Kent R

Reactions: ORO

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey all.

As you can see my name is John. I live in West Virginia currently and am working on a build of a 2006 Subaru Impreza. Really looking forward to the ideas I see on the rigs on here.

@Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey all,

Chris from Ecuador here, formerly of Alberta, Canada. I have a 98 Montero sport that I picked up down here, seems to be pretty solid. The experience level of the techs here doesn't delve into automatic transmissions or it didn't years back so my 98 has had a 5 speed swap done on it and I won't complain :)

I'll be starting a build on it after the new year is out of the way. It will be getting a lift, tires, roof rack, bumpers and possibly a winch if I can find one for a decent price down here. I won't be getting to crazy with it as it will be my daily driver but I hope to make it equipped enough to travel South America in bit by bit.

For the Montero peeps in here who have experience with the Montero's I will probably be hitting you up for info as I am getting nowhere on the Montero specific forums and this is my first Montero. I've been mainly a Jeep guy prior to this Endeavour, I have had YJ's, TJ's and XJ's in the past.

@Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone,

i´m João and i come from Portugal.

I´m new to this thing but i´m pretty excited to learn more from you guys. I own a 92 Range Rover Classic and i´m currently looking for a roof rack for it to start.

Cheers,
João

@Kent R