Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

Beyond_Dirt

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Hey everyone, my name is Joe and I'm from Davenport, IA. I am semi-new to the overlanding and offroad scene. I got my 2008 Jeep JKU roughly 8 months ago and have taken a few trips so far and officially got the bug! In the upcoming year I plan to check out as much as possible in my area such as finishing the rest of the Great River Gravel Ride (I've only been able to get to the Iowa section which is only about 1/4-1/3 of the total route). I also want to hit the trans wisconsin adventure trail, Colorado and get back down to Ozark National Forest. I was just down in ONF a couple weeks back and loved it, but want to get back down there in the summer/warm weather.

Currently me and the girlfriend sleep in the back of the Jeep on an air matress but have plans to build a better setup with a nice sleeping platform. So if anyone has some awesome ideas for platforms with storage build under it, give me a holler!

I'm looking forward to getting more involved in the scene and meet more like minded individuals!

Here is a recent picture of my rig after putting her new rims and used tires on!
I had a 2014 Jeep JK I just sold. I put a Gobi rack on top with a CVT tent. With the rack mounted it was still easy to take the jeeps too off too.

Overland_Bubba

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Luxembourg
First Name
Jerry
Last Name
Fusenig
Member #

hi all,

1) Luxembourg, West Europe
2) JKU MY18 Rubicon 2.8 crd, 17'' ATX with 35'' BFG Mud KM3, AEV Snorkel, 3.5'' lift JKS with Fox shock absorber, 10th Anniversary Bumper with SmittyBilt Winch xrc 12000lbs, Rhino Rack Pioneer Roof rack, Pedalbox. At the moment I am looking for a roof top tent, since the offer is huge, the choice is very difficult for me.
3) novice in overland experience, some trails in the Pyrenees and Vosges in France, i try to combine trails with visits to lost places, for example bunkers of the Maginot line

Screenshot_20181129-185252_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi, all.

Just signed up for membership on Overland Bound.

I drive a 2011 Toyota Tacoma Sport 4x4. I recently started out with a 2013 Tacoma PreRunner in June, but decided I wanted a 4x4 for my future Overland trips, so I traded in for the 2011 beginning of last month. While I had the PreRunner, my buddy in his 2010 Tacoma and I went to Estes Park, CO and Mark Twain National Forest for some dispersed camping. Easiest trails to handle, but so much fun and a great experience. We have MOAB planned in the works for next year.
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and meet-up page for events and trips that might be happening close to you.

If you have any questions message your regional ambassador or you can contact me on the forum

@Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi guys newb here, I picked up an 02 Sonoma 4x4 recently and slapped some 30s on it so I could go on adventures. Have yet to put this truck to use besides hauling pavers and taking trips to the dump lol! Relatively new to Albuquerque and look forward to exploring Northern NM and the 4 corners. Pretty much zero off-road experience, all my vehicular experience is with racing cars, and all my camping experience from my years in Boy Scouts.

Check the forum calendar and meet-up page fo events and trips that might be happening close to you.
If you look on the member map you can find members that are close to you and set up some trips.
If you have any questions message me on the forum @Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
View attachment 78077

Hello, new member from Gig Harbor Washington.

I’m into exploration and travel on two wheels or all four.

2018 TRD Pro TACOMA with Prinsu rack and CBI hardware. CVT tent on a bed mount. Driving on 33inch BFG KO2s.

Check the forum calendar and meet-up page fo events and trips that might be happening close to you.
There is going to be a meet-up in the south sound area in the near future keep an eye out for a forum message.
If you have any questions message me on the forum @Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone, my name is Joe and I'm from Davenport, IA. I am semi-new to the overlanding and offroad scene. I got my 2008 Jeep JKU roughly 8 months ago and have taken a few trips so far and officially got the bug! In the upcoming year I plan to check out as much as possible in my area such as finishing the rest of the Great River Gravel Ride (I've only been able to get to the Iowa section which is only about 1/4-1/3 of the total route). I also want to hit the trans wisconsin adventure trail, Colorado and get back down to Ozark National Forest. I was just down in ONF a couple weeks back and loved it, but want to get back down there in the summer/warm weather.

Currently me and the girlfriend sleep in the back of the Jeep on an air matress but have plans to build a better setup with a nice sleeping platform. So if anyone has some awesome ideas for platforms with storage build under it, give me a holler!

I'm looking forward to getting more involved in the scene and meet more like minded individuals!

Here is a recent picture of my rig after putting her new rims and used tires on!

Check the forum calendar and meet-up page for events and trips that might be happening close to you.

If you have any questions message your regional ambassador or you can contact me on the forum

@Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
My name is Dennis. I'm in Reno, NV. I just purchased a new Rubicon JL. No pictures yet. When my kids were young we spent hundreds of hours in the desert, Anza Borrego and Mojave. Many trips to the Eastern Sierra in my 1986 Bronco. I am now interested in taking my Grand Kids out. I hope to meet and travel with people out of Reno.
K7CAI
Welcome to Overland Bound! I see you are in contact with the Reno meet-up already They are a active meet-up conducting training and doing trail runs Great Group.

Reactions: HappyOurOverlanding

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
hi all,

2) JKU MY18 Rubicon 2.8 crd, 17'' ATX with 35'' BFG Mud KM3, AEV Snorkel, 3.5'' lift JKS with Fox shock absorber, 10th Anniversary Bumper with SmittyBilt Winch xrc 12000lbs, Rhino Rack Pioneer Roof rack, Pedalbox. At the moment I am looking for a roof top tent, since the offer is huge, the choice is very difficult for me.
3) novice in overland experience, some trails in the Pyrenees and Vosges in France, i try to combine trails with visits to lost places, for example bunkers of the Maginot line

View attachment 78156

@Kent R

Reactions: Overland_Bubba

MtnBnd

Rank IV
Investor

Advocate III

Riverton, Utah, USA
First Name
Ray
Last Name
Kirby
Member #

Hi Fellow Overlanders

My name is Ray. I just became a member and I couldn't be more excited to start my Overlanding experience.
I'm located in Northern Utah and I spend as much time in Southern Utah as I can.
I currently have a 2001 Toyota Sequoia with 250K Miles. Currenly making some mods to make it better suited for Overlanding. Lift is First !
I am a Novice and I'm looking forward to learning more from other members.

Thanks,

Ray

Attachments

Old4aReason

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hello!

Justin here:

1. Benton, AR
2. 1994 Land Cruiser, wife has a 1997 TJ
3. Just getting into overlanding, but have spent most of my life in the outdoors for one reason or another. We enjoy the adventure, camaraderie, and sites and can't wait to get started in this! Just got the LC and trying to gain knowledge and get it ready.

PhilM

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Knoxville, TN
Member #

Hi,

I originate from Stoke On Trent in the UK, my wife Dolores comes from Granada in Andalucía Spain, we have recently moved to Knoxville, Tennessee. We have been overlanding since 2005, lots of trips around the UK, Europe, Tunisia, Morocco, and Western Sahara. Our first rig was a Defender 110 which lasted 5 years, then on to an 80 series land cruiser which we still have and love.. Here in the US I have started a 4Runner build which will take me through the winter, but we've already started exploring the tracks of South East Tennessee and North Carolina. We also like to explore on 2 wheels, we have KTM 1290 SAR (profile picture of a trip to the Alps in the summer of 2017) which we are hoping to ship and import to the US soon.

Looking forward to getting to know some of you in the coming months.
Phil.

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
hi all,

View attachment 78156
Great looking rig, I’ve always wanted to travel Europe and explore old battle grounds but the only time I’ve been able to be in Europe has been on business! Oh well maybe someday. Welcome to Overland Bound, it’s a wonderful community, filled with great people.

Get into the forums and find local Overlanding groups and meet-ups, you won’t be sorry!

Reactions: Overland_Bubba

Nslrprtn

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Hoo Shoo Too Road, Baton Rouge, LA, USA
First Name
Nosler
Last Name
Partition
Member #

Hello from Louisiana!

I am looking forward to spending more time around here and planning more trips! I currently have a Power Wagon (previously had a 4Runner Trail) and my GF (who also enjoys doing this kind of stuff too) has a Xterra Pro-4X. I have experience overlanding in North Central Arkansas and Big Bend Texas, but hope to get involved with others to explore some other places. We are trying to decided now where we want to go for Christmas...thinking maybe Texas hill country, but may just head back to the BB SP to test out the PW.

Attachments

moonpatrol

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

San Diego, CA, USA
First Name
Josh
Last Name
MMM
Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6EAT
Hi OB!

Based just north of San Francisco in Sonoma County, but often down in SoCal exploring the desert.
Rig is a 2nd gen Xterra Pro-4x, stock down to the mud-flaps. Kind of amazed how capable it has been and trying to see how far I can go with minimum mod (though will need recovery pt on back at the very least!).

Planning a trip right now for Xmas week to Death Valley or Mojave road, then hoping to do Baja later in 2019. Most recent was down in Anza (photo attached)

Attachments

Jmarch

Rank 0
Launch Member

Traveler I

Northeast
Member #

Hi,

Greeting from the northeast!
My name is Jeff. I live just north of Boston.
I drive a 2011 Jeep JKU with a 3.5 inch lift rolling on 35's
I've spent most of my life playing in the White Mountains, and all over New England.
jeepjku.JPG

Looking forward to the world of overlanding!

Zach Jacobe

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Bend Oregon
Member #

Welcome to Overland Bound @Zach Jacobe. The PNW is filled with great destinations for overlanders and lots of great Overland Bound members.

There are a number of great overlanding events occurring throughout the PNW, so I recommend checking out the Overland Bound NorthWest Region forum [link] for meetups. Events are frequently posted on the Rally Point system [link], so you might want to check that out as well.
Hey @Jedi, thanks for the response! Glad to hear it! I hope as my rig develops I can explore more and more of the PNW. Your in WA? Not to far! Hopefully we can meet up on a trail someday!

Reactions: Jedi

Zach Jacobe

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Bend Oregon
Member #

Hello all!
New to overlanding here. Starting out with my tundra cm AKA Black Bear. Trying to get my wife and kids into the weekenderlanding[emoji1] View attachment 77626View attachment 77627View attachment 77628View attachment 77629View attachment 77630View attachment 77631
Hey @Chase Kahl ! Welcome to Overland Bound! I am rather new as well! But its great to see another full size rig on here! That is a great looking bed rack! Fantastic job man! Keep up the great work! Let me know if there is anything i can answer for you! As i said i am new but hopefully i can be helpful in some way! Welcome to the crew!!