Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

Shawn Collins

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Hey Shawn welcome to Overland Bound, glad to see you here! This is an awesome community. I look forward to seeing your truck transform into the Overland you want.

Don’t forget to check the forums for local Overland Groups and meet-ups in your area! If you have any questions feel free to reach out, there is wealth of knowledge out in the forums!
Thanks for the warm welcome.

ZRex

Rank VII
Launch Member

Explorer I

Elizabethton, TN
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Klepp
Member #

Hello Hello,

Rig: 1998 Jeep TJ 4.0 (Bought it when I was 18, had it for twenty years this month)

My experience with overlanding is limited. My wife and I have been backpackers and adventure travelers for years but rarely relied on our vehicles to do much of the work for us. This past summer we took a week long trip to Moab in our Jeep KL and decided it was time to put some real thought into overlanding as a way to see more of the world.
Building an overlanding trailer. Looking for ideas, rig advice, local members, local trails. Excited to join the community.
Welcome to OB, Jeremy! I'm glad to see another Ashevillan! Interested to see your trailer build, as I'm starting mine now, also. Best of luck!

I'm sure our paths will cross.

Cheers
Mike

LJNick

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Salt Lake City, UT
Member #

Hello everyone!

My name is Nick and I'm from Salt Lake City, Utah.
I drive a 2006 Jeep TJU Rubicon which I've only had for a few months.
I have a couple years of minor off-road experience with a few different vehicles, but I plan to
fully immerse myself in the overlanding lifestyle now that I have the right steed for the job.
I am so excited to build my rig and get out on the trails, hopefully meeting at least a few of you along the way!

IMG_20181018_173803.jpg IMG_20181018_172553.jpg

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hello everyone!

I have a couple years of minor off-road experience with a few different vehicles, but I plan to
fully immerse myself in the overlanding lifestyle now that I have the right steed for the job.
I am so excited to build my rig and get out on the trails, hopefully meeting at least a few of you along the way!

View attachment 77490 View attachment 77491
Nice rig

Reactions: LJNick

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Robertson County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

2018 JL Sport
Novice

My wife and I were always intrigued with the idea of overlanding. We finally found a good time in our lives to make the dream a reality.
Looking forward to making new friends and new experiences.
Welcome to OB and the East Region!
Keep an eye on the CALENDAR and the East Region Forum for upcoming events and conversations.

See you on the trail!
Hank

Reactions: Kent R

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Robertson County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

Hello to the Overland Bound community!

Kirk from Southwestern Ontario here. I decided last year I needed to get out an explore, so I started small - road trips to provincial parks. Dirt roads are about as wild as I have gotten in this my 2017 RAM 1500 (quad cab), but I'm looking to change that. Only mods so far are a set of Hankook Dynapro ATM-RF10 tires (still 33') and a dedicated 12V power line for an ARB fridge in the back seat. My wishlist includes an AEV lift with 35" tires and their front bumper, but my actual needs and wallet haven't quite caught up yet.

I'm into landscape photography (kiloxraysierra on Instagram), so having a vehicle I can use as a base camp when I get to an interesting location is my first goal. The ARB fridge was added this year and next year I'll be making a road trip to Montana to pickup a Go Fast Camper (hammock camping loses it's appeal after a few days).

I'm generally not a huge forum contributor, but this seems like a great community so perhaps that will spark a bit more activity.

Cheers!
Welcome to OB from Central NY!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone!

View attachment 77490 View attachment 77491
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and meet-up page fo events and trips that might be happening close to you.
If you have any questions message me on the forum @Kent R

Here is a meet-up you might be interested in.
https://www.overlandbound.com/event/meet-greet-plan/

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
I am new member # 15251 from Texas and I have an 18' F250 gasser and my wife drives a 14' Lexus GX460. I take my truck to Enduro races and will eventually start converting and taking it on some long trips.

The DFW area has a Meet-Up that meets monthly, if your interested check out the meet-up page on the forum for details. https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/reoccurring-dallas-fort-worth-dfw-meet-up.18113/page-5#post-265965

If you have any questions message me on the forum @Kent R

Normand Croteau

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Georgia
First Name
Normand
Last Name
Croteau
Member #

Hello everyone, new member from North Georgia. We just purchased a new TRD OFF Road 4 Runner and are getting ready to add a few mods. Although we are new to Overlanding, we do have experience in camping, backpacking, canoe camping and just enjoying the outdoors.

My family and I look forward to meeting and learning from the community.

Normand

Attachments

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

Hello everyone, new member from North Georgia. We just purchased a new TRD OFF Road 4 Runner and are getting ready to add a few mods. Although we are new to Overlanding, we do have experience in camping, backpacking, canoe camping and just enjoying the outdoors.

Normand
Welcome Normand!

Be sure to check in on the 4Runner Registry. https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/4runner-owners-registry.1356/

Reactions: Normand Croteau

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Normand

Check the forum calendar and meet-up page for events and trips that might be happening close to you.
If you have any questions message your regional ambassador or you can contact me on the forum
@Kent R

Reactions: Normand Croteau

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
View attachment 77506
Hello Everyone!!
Newbie here!
Rig: 2007 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer
Novice Overlander

Check the forum calendar and meet-up page for events and trips that might be happening close to you.
If you have any questions message your regional ambassador or you can contact me on the forum

@Kent R

SconnieExplorer

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Wisconsin
Member #

@Kent R
Great Kent!
Thanks for the information. I will check it out.