Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

Jendra

Rank I

Contributor III

Hey everyone! Glad to be in the group!

I've got a 2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited that i'm looking forward to take out and do some exploring with! I've always been interested in overlanding, and now I think I've got a rig that can get me there!

I live in Elkridge, Maryland, between DC and Baltimore.

I'm definitely a beginner, but hope to get some great experience under my tires soon!

Attachments

theloneraynger

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Chattanooga, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Raymond
Last Name
Bailey
Member #

From a fellow New Yorker, Welcome to OB and the East Region! If you have any questions feel free to shoot me a message!

Not sure if you are into winter trips but there is a Rally Point event in CNY on Dec 14-16. Here is the link!

See you on the trail!

Hank
Thank you man! Glad to be a part of the community. And that trip is only about 3 hours from me if I can get my Jeep back together by then I am definitely in!

Chompsticks

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Alabama
Member #

Hello, new here and new to overlanding. Started with a Suzuki X-90, but turned out it was too small and in such great shape, so I sold it and got a GX470. Currently it's stock but I got springs, tires and wheels coming very soon. Live in Alabama, but venture to Georgia every other weekend.

Looking forward to getting involved with the community!

IMG_1847.JPG 46512319_10109326731247660_4470182290726584320_o.jpg

Zach Jacobe

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Bend Oregon
Member #

Hello Everyone!

My name is Zach, I am excited i finally joined! I hope to meet tons of you as time goes by!

Rig: I drive a 2013 Ram 1500 Sport Crew Cab (Fairly Stock..... But not for long!)
Experience: I have grown up loving the outdoors and hiking and camping and cruising on dirt bikes and quads. I have little experience offroading a full size rig though. So I would say my experience is novice with a strong background of having a lot of fun and getting into situations that take me a while to get out! Also I have a very strong background in overlanding youtube videos!! :)IMG_1678.jpg

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Arlington, WA, USA
First Name
Brie
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
Hello Everyone!

My name is Zach, I am excited i finally joined! I hope to meet tons of you as time goes by!

Rig: I drive a 2013 Ram 1500 Sport Crew Cab (Fairly Stock..... But not for long!)
Experience: I have grown up loving the outdoors and hiking and camping and cruising on dirt bikes and quads. I have little experience offroading a full size rig though. So I would say my experience is novice with a strong background of having a lot of fun and getting into situations that take me a while to get out! Also I have a very strong background in overlanding youtube videos!! :)View attachment 77566
Welcome to Overland Bound @Zach Jacobe. The PNW is filled with great destinations for overlanders and lots of great Overland Bound members.

There are a number of great overlanding events occurring throughout the PNW, so I recommend checking out the Overland Bound NorthWest Region forum [link] for meetups. Events are frequently posted on the Rally Point system [link], so you might want to check that out as well.

Reactions: whiskey7backroads

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone! Glad to be in the group!

I've got a 2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited that i'm looking forward to take out and do some exploring with! I've always been interested in overlanding, and now I think I've got a rig that can get me there!

I live in Elkridge, Maryland, between DC and Baltimore.

I'm definitely a beginner, but hope to get some great experience under my tires soon!

Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and meet-up page for events and trips that might be happening close to you.
If you have any questions message your regional ambassador or you can contact me on the forum

@Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello Everyone!

Experience: I have grown up loving the outdoors and hiking and camping and cruising on dirt bikes and quads. I have little experience offroading a full size rig though. So I would say my experience is novice with a strong background of having a lot of fun and getting into situations that take me a while to get out! Also I have a very strong background in overlanding youtube videos!! :)View attachment 77566
We have some members in your are that might be starting a meet-up, if it happens you will get a forum message.
Any questions at all just message me @Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi Everyone! New to the group from Northern New Mexico.
1991 HDJ81 Landcruiser, Diesel, RHD
Not officially overlanding, but been driving to remote places in the west in this and prior rigs to backpack and climb for years. :)

Looking forward to getting some pointers, discovering new gear, places and friends.

Check the forum calendar and meet-up page fo events and trips that might be happening close to you.
If you have any questions message me on the forum @Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello, new here and new to overlanding. Started with a Suzuki X-90, but turned out it was too small and in such great shape, so I sold it and got a GX470. Currently it's stock but I got springs, tires and wheels coming very soon. Live in Alabama, but venture to Georgia every other weekend.

Looking forward to getting involved with the community!

View attachment 77562 View attachment 77563

Check the forum calendar and meet-up page for events and trips that might be happening close to you.
If you have any questions message your regional ambassador or you can contact me on the forum
@Kent R

Reactions: Chompsticks

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello Hello....

Currently living in Singapore but originally from NY/NJ area.
Starting to get interested in Overlanding watching youtubers like TrialRecon and Overland Bound. Hopefully when my family and I return I/we can start our own expedition.
Used to own a red 91' YJ. Small lift, rims and tires.
Welcome to Overland Bound! You will find that the East Region is very active and helpful.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi from Jacksonville, FL area!

I have a 2015 Outback 3.6R Limited. Novice overlander. Experience with occasional car camping and car-based tent camping. Looking forward to exploring new areas in NE and Central Florida and SE Georgia.

Jon

@Kent R

Schlick-77

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hi there.

This looks like a great forum and a very well kept and clean website - thanks for your efforts. I'm a new member from Canada - my passion is fly fishing and my jeep helps put me closer to stream :)

Rig: Currently driving a Jeep Sahara Unlimited. Retired a 95 Lada Niva Cossack and 99 Jeep Cherokee Sport (still miss both)
Experience: Exploring skidoo trails in the summer.

Brandon G

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hey everyone. I am very new to the overland life however I have been an avid outdoorsman all of my adult years. I am very interested in setting up my 2017 f250 as an overland/camping trip. I am looking forward to learning from each and every one of you. I am located in Western North Carolina. Thanks for having my in the group.

MuckSavage

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

South Jersey, NJ, USA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
McG
Member #

Hello Hello....

Currently living in Singapore but originally from NY/NJ area.
Starting to get interested in Overlanding watching youtubers like TrialRecon and Overland Bound. Hopefully when my family and I return I/we can start our own expedition.
Used to own a red 91' YJ. Small lift, rims and tires.
Welcome! When you get back stateside & you're back in the NY/NJ area, look into riding the TNJT. Info can be found here;
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/the-official-trans-nj-trail-thread.19163/

General NJ Info is here;
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/the-official-unofficial-new-jersey-thread.4757/page-9#post-278332

Reactions: George Choi

Just4Runn

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Montclair, NJ
First Name
Graham
Last Name
Horvath
Member #

Hello!

Vehicle: 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Offroad
Experience: I have had a few different vehicles I would take "offroad" ranging from a Discovery 1 to Jeep Cherokee and even a v10 F250 Superduty but now that I have my Tacoma I am interested in going beyond parking lot mud pits and actually live out of my truck on longer trips. I was introduced to Overlanding about two years ago via videos etc. and that is what inspired me to get my Tacoma and will continue to inspire the mods.

I am happy to find this community and cant wait to link up with like minded people in my area because I don't really know where to begin!

Attachments