Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

Jamal Warner

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Hey folks. New here.

My name is Jamal Warner. My wife and I have been camping for the past ten years (did a lot of RV-ing with parents growing up). Our main goal with overlanding is to try to get out into nature outside of a typical campground. I'm hoping to link up with some like-minded folks who have knowledge of awesome areas within a day or two drive from here. We also have two young kids who come with us on some trips. They are 1 and 6 years old. Access cab below might be a problem but we also have a 2018 Pacifics S people mover so we wanted the smaller cab with the longer bed.

We're located in Leesburg, Virginia about an hour northwest of D.C.

My truck below is a 2017 Tacoma TRD sport with a leveling kit and 285/70 R17 ( I bought it like that so not sure about details of the couple mods it has) It's got an aftermarket exhaust that is horribly annoying and loud from inside the cab but surprisingly sounds ok from the outside.

untitled-4.jpg untitled-8.jpg

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everybody. My name's John DiMo.

I live in Bakersfield, CA.

My rig is a 2012 Jeep Liberty Arctic (KK). It has a 2 inch Daystar spacer kit with P255/70R16 Toyo AT II

This is my first 4wd vehicle and have only just started offroading but have been an outdoorsman my whole life so my overlanding experience is limited but I'm very familiar with being in nature. View attachment 76028View attachment 76029View attachment 76030
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and meet-up page for events and trips that might be happening close to you.
There is a meet-up in Fresno but thats two hours away. If I hear of anything else I will advise.
If you have any questions message me on the forum @Kent R

Reactions: Piratewilly

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi Everyone, I'm down in Florida and just starting out with the Overland experience. I have a Subaru XV Crosstrek and am looking forward to sharing my build and learning weight and space saving techniques as I progress and connecting with others in North Florida to explore local trails, thanks!

Check the forum calendar and meet-up page for events and trips that might be happening close to you.

If you have any questions message your regional ambassador or you can contact me on the forum

@Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey folks. New here.

My name is Jamal Warner. My wife and I have been camping for the past ten years (did a lot of RV-ing with parents growing up). Our main goal with overlanding is to try to get out into nature outside of a typical campground. I'm hoping to link up with some like-minded folks who have knowledge of awesome areas within a day or two drive from here. We also have two young kids who come with us on some trips. They are 1 and 6 years old. Access cab below might be a problem but we also have a 2018 Pacifics S people mover so we wanted the smaller cab with the longer bed.

We're located in Leesburg, Virginia about an hour northwest of D.C.

My truck below is a 2017 Tacoma TRD sport with a leveling kit and 285/70 R17 ( I bought it like that so not sure about details of the couple mods it has) It's got an aftermarket exhaust that is horribly annoying and loud from inside the cab but surprisingly sounds ok from the outside.

View attachment 76047 View attachment 76048

If you have any questions message your regional ambassador or you can contact me on the forum

@Kent R

Reactions: Jamal Warner

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello Overland Bound. Just wanted to say hi from the Kootenays. I am an experienced Overlander. I enjoy solo missions, family trips and group trips. Sometimes I bring a base camp, other times I leave it at home. Here is a pic of my rig. I have more pics on Instagram, same username if you want to look
View attachment 76051

@Kent R

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hi Everyone, I'm down in Florida and just starting out with the Overland experience. I have a Subaru XV Crosstrek and am looking forward to sharing my build and learning weight and space saving techniques as I progress and connecting with others in North Florida to explore local trails, thanks!
Welcome

TacoInACrowd

Rank 0
Launch Member

Traveler I

BC Canada
Member #

Hello,

I’m new to OB, I’ve been browsing the forums for some time but just resently became a member.

I live in South Eastern BC Canada.

I drive a 2005 Tacoma that I built a pop-up camper for.

I’m as new as new can get to overlanding, as I have only been driving period for a year now.

I’m excited to learn the limits of my truck, and hopefully meet some other members.

C0B377C8-9E1D-413B-A730-5AFF67CF3702.jpeg

Attachments

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hello,

I’m new to OB, I’ve been browsing the forums for some time but just resently became a member.

I’m as new as new can get to overlanding, as I have only been driving period for a year now.

I’m excited to learn the limits of my truck, and hopefully meet some other members.

View attachment 76058
Nice rig and welcome to Overland Bound

Clayton25

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Oklahoma
First Name
Clayton
Last Name
Brewer
Member #

Hello All,
Been a long time creeper here even long before getting a membership. Haven't had the time I have wanted in order to really jump into Overlanding. However, this past year at my work has really blessed me with more time and income to start investing into overlanding.

I live in Edmond, Oklahoma
I drive a 2019 Toyota 4Runner

I am extremely new to Overland when it comes to actually going and I am currently in the process of planning my first trip with my wife!

Attachments

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Robertson County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

Hello all,

I’ve been watching for year and finally decided to join Overland Bound. I haven’t gotten dirt on my new Jeep yet but have been all over in my old Jeep.

I live in Northern Virginia (NOVA)
Rig: 2018, Jeep, Grand Cherokee, Trailhawk, Diesel
1999, Jeep, Grand Cherokee, Laredo, 4.7L V8
Overlanding Experience Background: Moderate
Welcome to OB and to the East Region! If you have any questions feel free to give me a shout!

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

Hello

I’ve been browsing the forum for a few months and finally decided to join up.

My family moved from Louisiana to North Idaho about a year and a half ago and with so many great places to go within a days drive I’ve decided we should get the truck set up for camping.

Here it is, a 2017 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT 6.2 Z71.

View attachment 75262

It has a 2.25” front level, the ARE topper, and a bed rug. It also has those oem 22” wheels, that are garbage on all but the smoothest roads, which are being replaced with 18” methods when my winter set of blizzaks come off in the spring.

Anyway I’ll be asking about RTTs and I’m sure many other topics soon as well. Looking forward to it.
Don't hesitate to ask questions as they arise!

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

Glad to be Here , even though I am from an area that off roading and overland travel is restricted I still find places that I can enjoy the time. will be looking forward in new adventure and discussions. As my profile picture she's a 1999 Jeep Cherokee as we call them the best one built and the last of its kind, as the rushed them off the assembly line after 2000 into 2001. This one was re built as a 4.7 Stroker . 4.10 gears, Yukon axels and Detroit Lockers , sitting at a 5" Lift .
Welcome to Overland Bound and the East Region! Check out the member map, the calendar and the meet up page to find events near you!
If you have Facebook be sure to check out the OB East Region FB group and Overland New York State group.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello,

View attachment 76058

@Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello All,
Been a long time creeper here even long before getting a membership. Haven't had the time I have wanted in order to really jump into Overlanding. However, this past year at my work has really blessed me with more time and income to start investing into overlanding.

I live in Edmond, Oklahoma
I drive a 2019 Toyota 4Runner

I am extremely new to Overland when it comes to actually going and I am currently in the process of planning my first trip with my wife!

@Kent R

tundraconvert

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hello,
New guy here. Not new to camping, backpacking, fishing and other outdoor activities. Just over the last year or so we (the family) have gotten much more into dispersed camping and escaping the crowds. Looking to learn some tips and tricks...willing to help out when I can.
I drive a Tacoma and just invested in a RTT.
Thanks,
Eric

Maccaneer

Rank II
Investor

Enthusiast I

Harlem, Georgia
First Name
Lee
Last Name
McFatridge
Member #

Hello fellow wrench spinners, just wanted to step out of the shadow of the lurker and become a member. I currently live on the Alabama gulf coast and am building up a square body chevy suburban to go have fun in. To the guys who talked to me at the overland expo east, thank you for letting me talk your ears off and stay dry.
Wish I was one of the wrench spinner types. I was at the Expo as well. Things were kind of crappy this year but I won’t get into that :). I’m new as well but wanted to say welcome!