Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
New Member, glad to be here.
Currently in NC but from out West. Will be moving to Utah in June
2013 Jeep JKU Rubicon
Just got back from Expo East and had a great time, muddy, wet, cold, but camping so fun was had by all!View attachment 75650
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and meet-up page for events and trips that might be happening close to you.
Have fun in Utah lots of overlanding to be had there.
If you have any questions message me on the forum @Kent R

Ncat

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Corona, CA, USA
First Name
N
Last Name
Cat
Member #

Glad to be here!
I'm located in San Marcos, CA. ( North county San Diego )
My rig is a 2005 F150,. Her name is "Super Ruby". I'm running King Suspension with 315/70/17 KO2's. She's also equipped with air bags and Detroit Trutrac in the rear. I built a custom drawer system for the bed, which has 2 drawers for tools and gear and also includes 25 gallon fresh water tank with Shurflo pump, Viair onboard air system, auxillary deep cycle battery and Snomaster CL56 fridge/freezer housed under a Snug Top shell. On top sits our Roam Vagabond RTT and Overland Pros 270 awning.
I've been offroading for many years, mostly weekend trips to Ocotillo Wells, Anza Borrego, Glamis, and Big Bear mountain area. I'm kinda new to overlanding, having recently done the Old Mojave road and a trip to Death Valley. I'm looking forward to new adventures.
See you on the trail!
View attachment 75557 View attachment 75558 View attachment 75559
Nice rig! Love to see more Ford guys :)

Monkey Brains

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

IMG_0546.jpg Name: Michael
Rig: 2012 LR4

Hi All,

I've been traveling the world for over 20 years as a soundman for projects ranging from rock concerts to documentary film making. These days I spend most of my time indoors doing corporate gigs and I'm really missing being on the road. Since my job doesn't take me there, I've decided to kit my own rig for adventure travel. My son is getting old enough to enjoy some cross-country camping trips, so he can experience this country. (He lives in France with his mother)

My build is taking a bit longer than I wanted because, life gets in the way sometimes. (i.e. work schedule)

So far,

ARB bar w/6k winch

PR 2 1/2" lift

Compomotive 18"

BFG KO2 33"

GAP IIDT

On the way or in the works,

PR sliders

TR rear with tire swing

Voyager low profile rack

custom build drawer system

on board water system in place of factory spare

dual battery system

Looking forward to joining up with other members from time to time whenever my schedule allows.

mikethenomad

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Pennsylvania
Member #

Hello from Harrisburg Pennsylvania! i drive a 2011 toyota FJ cruiser. i am currently running on all stock, but after my rausch creek offroad experience! i decided to start doing minor upgrades to my fj. i am a traveller in the healthcare industry and i have move all over florida from the keys to pensacola! and now i am in Harrisburg to explore the north east! you know whats next... west coast!

I have zero overlanding experience, but i am a modern nomad as i have no permanent address! wherever the job takes me and wherever i end up wanting to.. thats my address!

Attachments

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
View attachment 75683 Name: Michael

Hi All,

I've been traveling the world for over 20 years as a soundman for projects ranging from rock concerts to documentary film making. These days I spend most of my time indoors doing corporate gigs and I'm really missing being on the road. Since my job doesn't take me there, I've decided to kit my own rig for adventure travel. My son is getting old enough to enjoy some cross-country camping trips, so he can experience this country. (He lives in France with his mother)

My build is taking a bit longer than I wanted because, life gets in the way sometimes. (i.e. work schedule)

So far,

ARB bar w/6k winch

PR 2 1/2" lift

Compomotive 18"

BFG KO2 33"

GAP IIDT

PR sliders

TR rear with tire swing

Voyager low profile rack

dual battery system

Looking forward to joining up with other members from time to time whenever my schedule allows.
Welcome

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hello from Harrisburg Pennsylvania! i drive a 2011 toyota FJ cruiser. i am currently running on all stock, but after my rausch creek offroad experience! i decided to start doing minor upgrades to my fj. i am a traveller in the healthcare industry and i have move all over florida from the keys to pensacola! and now i am in Harrisburg to explore the north east! you know whats next... west coast!

I have zero overlanding experience, but i am a modern nomad as i have no permanent address! wherever the job takes me and wherever i end up wanting to.. thats my address!
Welcome to OB, great place to meet new people and learn a lot.

Reactions: KDC

JohnnyDoka

Rank 0
Launch Member

Traveler I

SF Bay Area, California
Member #

Greetings Overlanders!

I live in Orinda, CA (San Francisco Bay Area)

My rig is an ‘87 VW Vanagon Syncro, 1.8T
IMG_4704.JPG
My overlanding experience is limited to lots of road tripping with light to medium off road 4WD use mainly for access to fishing and camping locations. I’ve always wanted to spend longer in those special locations but haven’t really had the time or the rig or the know how when it comes to true vehicle dependent preparation.

I was lucky to roll up next to one of your members yesterday and talked rigs for a half hour up in Mendocino yesterday and he encouraged me to check out your community here. So thanks friend! I’m sorry I don’t remember his name but what a nice man - a Baja regular apparently and a great rig. He was out using it to go diving and that’s what counts to me - just being out there.

Congratulations on building a special group.

Cheers everyone -

Johnny

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Hi All,

So far,

ARB bar w/6k winch

PR 2 1/2" lift

Compomotive 18"

BFG KO2 33"

GAP IIDT

PR sliders

TR rear with tire swing

Voyager low profile rack

dual battery system

The DFW area has a Meet-Up that meets monthly, if your interested check out the meet-up page on the forum for details. https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/reoccurring-dallas-fort-worth-dfw-meet-up.18113/page-5#post-265965

Reactions: Monkey Brains

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello from Bay Area CA

Just recommended to the forum, from a fellow member, due to the wonderful community and information. Our family currently has a Jeep Sahara and a Ford F-150.

Check the forum calendar and meet-up page for events and trips that might be happening close to you.

Reactions: JCatherine

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Greetings Overlanders!

View attachment 75777
My overlanding experience is limited to lots of road tripping with light to medium off road 4WD use mainly for access to fishing and camping locations. I’ve always wanted to spend longer in those special locations but haven’t really had the time or the rig or the know how when it comes to true vehicle dependent preparation.

I was lucky to roll up next to one of your members yesterday and talked rigs for a half hour up in Mendocino yesterday and he encouraged me to check out your community here. So thanks friend! I’m sorry I don’t remember his name but what a nice man - a Baja regular apparently and a great rig. He was out using it to go diving and that’s what counts to me - just being out there.

Cheers everyone -

Johnny

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

If you have any questions message your regional ambassador or you can contact me on the forum

@Kent R

Reactions: mikethenomad

KDC

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Lawton, OK
Member #

Greetings Overlanders!

View attachment 75777

Cheers everyone -

Johnny
Welcome and awesome ride.

jasgwoods

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Rocky Top, TN
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Woods
Member #

Hi All,

So far,

ARB bar w/6k winch

PR 2 1/2" lift

Compomotive 18"

BFG KO2 33"

GAP IIDT

PR sliders

TR rear with tire swing

Voyager low profile rack

dual battery system

Awesome rig!

Brittain Groesbeck

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Boise Idaho
First Name
Brittain
Last Name
Groesbeck
Member #

Hello from Boise Idaho. Always loved the outdoors and traveling. Overland seems to be right up my alley. I'm in the process of fixing up a 1989 isuzu trooper and will start a build thread for those that are interested. Here is a pic of it before teardown.

Attachments