Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Well Thank You for the great welcome! Aside from the screen name I am Hugh Bryce and I get to live in Albuquerque, New Mexico. I have been here since I was three so I guess that makes me a lifer in NM.
Married for now 42 years to the same woman!!! We have four kids all grown and doing their thing all over the country, and we have 10 yes 10 grand kids. Now down to the important stuff we are running a 2103 jeep wrangler sport on 35 inch BFG KO2 tires with a 3.5 inch lift sporting smittybuilt 1st gen bumpers front and rear with a 9500 lbs winch on the front. The both of us are the dirt road type like where does this lead and what are we going to find at the end. It has always been that way but we never really called it overlanding just lets go find a road or trail. As for overlanding we are I wold say somewhere in the middle not really into rock climbing or really hard core stuff but we will run trails like engineer pass or hurricane pass, but not really into black bear. I hope we can meet up on the trail or in town just give me a text and I will try my best to be there!
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and meet-up page for events and trips that might be happening close to you.

If you have any questions message me on the forum @Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone,

Rig:S tock 2014 Silverado Z71
Location: Fort Stockton, TX. I live in West Tx, 2 hours north of BIg Bend National Park.
Experience: Baghdad 500, no civilian experience.

I'm here lookin for advice on how to start outfitting my truck for Overlanding. It's hard finding information for the Silverado!!!

Check the forum calendar and meet-up page for events and trips that might be happening close to you.
We had a meet-up scheduled in your area so keep an eye out for forum messages regarding a local meet

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi all - I just joined. New to overlanding but really interested in getting started and learning more. Quick details:

Rig: 2018 4Runner

Looking forward to connecting with the OB community.

The Portland area has a meet-up once a month and it is on the meet-up page.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi Gang! I just joined in on the fun!

Vehicle: 1999 Toyota 4Runner
Experience: Overlanding... Novice, OffRoad... Expert. I have over 35 years offroad & desert racing. It's time to learn going a little slower and enjoying the ride.

View attachment 75535

Every once and awhile there is a Central Coast meet-up and hopefully you will be notified.

Reactions: Sandracer

Super Ruby

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

San Marcos, CA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Scofield
Member #

Glad to be here!
I'm located in San Marcos, CA. ( North county San Diego )
My rig is a 2005 F150,. Her name is "Super Ruby". I'm running King Suspension with 315/70/17 KO2's. She's also equipped with air bags and Detroit Trutrac in the rear. I built a custom drawer system for the bed, which has 2 drawers for tools and gear and also includes 25 gallon fresh water tank with Shurflo pump, Viair onboard air system, auxillary deep cycle battery and Snomaster CL56 fridge/freezer housed under a Snug Top shell. On top sits our Roam Vagabond RTT and Overland Pros 270 awning.
I've been offroading for many years, mostly weekend trips to Ocotillo Wells, Anza Borrego, Glamis, and Big Bear mountain area. I'm kinda new to overlanding, having recently done the Old Mojave road and a trip to Death Valley. I'm looking forward to new adventures.
See you on the trail!
SuperRubywithRTT.jpg super_ruby_awning.jpg super_ruby_drawer.jpg

f150shelby

Rank 0

Traveler I

Glad to be here!
My rig is a 2005 F150,. Her name is "Super Ruby". I'm running King Suspension with 315/70/17 KO2's. She's also equipped with air bags and Detroit Trutrac in the rear. I built a custom drawer system for the bed, which has 2 drawers for tools and gear and also includes 25 gallon fresh water tank with Shurflo pump, Viair onboard air system, auxillary deep cycle battery and Snomaster CL56 fridge/freezer housed under a Snug Top shell. On top sits our Roam Vagabond RTT and Overland Pros 270 awning.
I've been offroading for many years, mostly weekend trips to Ocotillo Wells, Anza Borrego, Glamis, and Big Bear mountain area. I'm kinda new to overlanding, having recently done the Old Mojave road and a trip to Death Valley. I'm looking forward to new adventures.
See you on the trail!
View attachment 75557 View attachment 75558 View attachment 75559
How do you like the Snugtop? anything you would do different?

Super Ruby

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

San Marcos, CA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Scofield
Member #

How do you like the Snugtop? anything you would do different?
I love the Snugtop, but I wish I had the Windoors, instead of the sliding windows. It would make it much easier to access the gear when fully loaded. The rig is constantly evolving and changing, but I'm pretty happy with the current setup.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Name: AL

Experiance : intermidiate

Rig : Shelby F150 2017

Not the final product got some parts coming in
Welcome to Overland Bound.
If you have any questions please message me @Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Glad to be here!
See you on the trail!

There is a meet up in the San Diego area that you might want to check out.

https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/reoccurring-san-diego-overland-bound-monthly-meet-03-22-2018.13317/

This is San Diego Overland Bound Trail Run page.

https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/san-diego-overland-bound-trail-runs.17178/

Reactions: Super Ruby

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello,
My wife and I are currently living in Tacoma, Wa, but we're planning a move to the Kansas City area in the near future.

I have an 07 FJ Cruiser.

I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of exploring is available in the heartland.

If you have any questions message your regional ambassador or you can contact me on the forum

@Kent R

Marlowe Fenne

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Hello everyone - Marlowe from the greater Seattle area here. While I’ve done some four wheeling to get to climbing and mountain biking areas, I’m new to overlanding for its own sake.

My last trip was to Moab. Shafer trail, Potash road and Gemini Bridges were a blast.

This seems like a great community to share info and a passion for the wild. Great to see all the stoked adventurers here!

blackhawkip

Rank 0

Traveler I

Glad to be here!
See you on the trail!
Nice setup! Gotta love drawers!

Reactions: Super Ruby

blackhawkip

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hello

I’ve been browsing the forum for a few months and finally decided to join up.

My family moved from Louisiana to North Idaho about a year and a half ago and with so many great places to go within a days drive I’ve decided we should get the truck set up for camping.

Here it is, a 2017 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT 6.2 Z71.

View attachment 75262

It has a 2.25” front level, the ARE topper, and a bed rug. It also has those oem 22” wheels, that are garbage on all but the smoothest roads, which are being replaced with 18” methods when my winter set of blizzaks come off in the spring.

Anyway I’ll be asking about RTTs and I’m sure many other topics soon as well. Looking forward to it.
I lived in Sandpoint for a couple of years. Some of the prettiest country in Idaho. Welcome!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone - Marlowe from the greater Seattle area here. While I’ve done some four wheeling to get to climbing and mountain biking areas, I’m new to overlanding for its own sake.

My last trip was to Moab. Shafer trail, Potash road and Gemini Bridges were a blast.

This seems like a great community to share info and a passion for the wild. Great to see all the stoked adventurers here!