First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Looks like I should say hi here...
I'm Scott, and when I go out I have my wife, two kids, father-in-law, and 2 dogs in tow :tonguewink:
Things get tight in our 2015 4Runner TE, but we manage.
We live in the Washington, DC area - but hope to move west again soon.
That pretty much sums me up.

Cheers!
Welcome to the forum.

Reactions: 20DYNAMITE07

murps

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
d
Last Name
m
Member #

Looks like I should say hi here...
I'm Scott, and when I go out I have my wife, two kids, father-in-law, and 2 dogs in tow :tonguewink:
Things get tight in our 2015 4Runner TE, but we manage.
We live in the Washington, DC area - but hope to move west again soon.
That pretty much sums me up.

Cheers!
quite the posse! Welcome to OB

Taoracer

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

Hello,
My name is Tobe, And I'm addicted to wheels.
I'm a East Bay native. Currently driving a 2002 TRD, or a M1031 CUCV (when it's running).

The past 10 years I've done most of my backcountry exploring via bicycle. One of the more epic journeys was Klamath Falls OR. To the Columbia river gorge. 90% dirt/gravel roads. A 6 day trip, with some days doing over 85 miles a day.

Finding a community that shares your passion and interest is important. I look forward to reading about everyone's adventures and seeing pictures (my Instagram shows most of my pics instagram.com/taoracer). When time permits, maybe we'll even get to meet and make some memories!

I've been into cars and tinkering for as long as I can remember, And nature is a necessity. It seems only natural to combine and explore!
Thanks for welcoming me into your community.

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Hello,
My name is Tobe, And I'm addicted to wheels.
I'm a East Bay native. Currently driving a 2002 TRD, or a M1031 CUCV (when it's running).

The past 10 years I've done most of my backcountry exploring via bicycle. One of the more epic journeys was Klamath Falls OR. To the Columbia river gorge. 90% dirt/gravel roads. A 6 day trip, with some days doing over 85 miles a day.

Finding a community that shares your passion and interest is important. I look forward to reading about everyone's adventures and seeing pictures (my Instagram shows most of my pics instagram.com/taoracer). When time permits, maybe we'll even get to meet and make some memories!

I've been into cars and tinkering for as long as I can remember, And nature is a necessity. It seems only natural to combine and explore!
Thanks for welcoming me into your community.
Welcome to the forum.

Reactions: Joel 11k

Preligen Manaois

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Sunnyvale
Member #

Hi my name is Preligen.
I live in the Bay Area in California.
I own a 2014 Chevy Silverado (stock).
I'm new to the overlanding community.
The only off roading I've ever done is going the Hollister Hills off road trail a couple of times.
I'm currently upfitting my truck for travel.
I would like to someday go with you guys on short trips.
Thank you for building this site.
I have learned a lot and have inspired me to travel and enjoy the outdoors more.
I look forward to meeting some of the members here.
Thank you!

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Hi my name is Preligen.
I live in the Bay Area in California.
I own a 2014 Chevy Silverado (stock).
I'm new to the overlanding community.
The only off roading I've ever done is going the Hollister Hills off road trail a couple of times.
I'm currently upfitting my truck for travel.
I would like to someday go with you guys on short trips.
Thank you for building this site.
I have learned a lot and have inspired me to travel and enjoy the outdoors more.
I look forward to meeting some of the members here.
Thank you!
Welcome to the forum.

dventoza

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Portsmouth, Virginia
Member #

New member to the forums! Not YET a member with emblems but I plan on purchasing them soon.

I am originally from Seattle, WA but I'm currently living in Southeastern Virginia due to my wife being in the military. I am married with a 4 week old daughter and a dog. As a family we love camping and exploring this new area we live in. I grew up camping, wheeling, hunting, and fishing in the PNW so I would say I'm an experienced overlander.

I have owned a lot of rigs in my short time of being able to drive and I'm currently(hopefully for a long time) driving a 2004 Toyota Tundra DoubleCab 4x4. It is all stock with the exception of a canopy and some all terrain tires. Plan on building it up with a mild lift, 33's, lockers, all the necessary armor and gadgets. It will be a long build pending funds but I will do all the work myself which is far more rewarding to me.

I hope to begin overlanding more in the future and hopefully will meet some of you down the road!
Happy travels!

Sent from my iPhone using Overland Bound Talk

Last edited:

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
New member to the forums! Not YET a member with emblems but I plan on purchasing them soon.

I am originally from Seattle, WA but I'm currently living in Southeastern Virginia due to my wife being in the military. I am married with a 4 week old daughter and a dog. As a family we love camping and exploring this new area we live in. I grew up camping, wheeling, hunting, and fishing in the PNW so I would say I'm an experienced overlander.

I have owned a lot of rigs in my short time of being able to drive and I'm currently(hopefully for a long time) driving a 2004 Toyota Tundra DoubleCab 4x4. It is all stock with the exception of a canopy and some all terrain tires. Plan on building it up with a mild lift, 33's, lockers, all the necessary armor and gadgets. It will be a long build pending funds but I will do all the work myself which is far more rewarding to me.

I hope to begin overlanding more in the future and hopefully will meet some of you down the road!
Happy travels!

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on the new addition to the family.

Nick_W

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor I

Greetings.
New member here in North Carolina.
Driving a 2013 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab Short Bed. Currently stock with exception of add a leaf.
Also have an 67 M416 that I've butchered into a good little trailer with rack and RTT.
After the first beach trip with our newborn (turning 1 tomorrow), we decided he required too much stuff and work began on the trailer.
Our first adventure with it will be next month.

Nick

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Hey y'all, new member here. Prepping a Tacoma for life on the road with my fiancée just after we get married.

Just started a build thread: The Overland Orca, but here is where we sit now:

Stoked to be a part of this community!

Welcome. Nice rig!

Reactions: Trowbocop

murps

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
d
Last Name
m
Member #

Happy travels!

Welcome! Always love watching toyo builds. Pass along my thanks to your wife for serving!

Last edited:

RiverCityDave

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Austin, Texas
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Hunter
Member #

Service Branch
Army

Happy travels!

The Tundra is a really overlooked, undervalued Overlander. It's got all the good of its more famous little brother, plus a V-8, and a better interior (arguably). Nice ride.

dventoza

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Portsmouth, Virginia
Member #

The Tundra is a really overlooked, undervalued Overlander. It's got all the good of its more famous little brother, plus a V-8, and a better interior (arguably). Nice ride.
I love this truck. It perfect size for my needs. We need to see more turned into overlanders!! Thanks for the warm welcome all!