Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

Daboyz2

Rank I

Contributor III

Arizona
Novice to all this but love to get out and explore. Just got my 4runner last week and excited to slowly make it more my own and going out and hitting the trails. Occasionally camp out at the beaches in Mexico but nothing extreme. More pictures to come hopefully after some outdoor activities.

2019 Stock 4runner TRD Off Rd Premium

Attachments

brien

Sonoran Space Program
Staff member

Off-Road Ranger I

Tucson, AZ
First Name
Brien
Last Name
Wankel
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7XPO
Novice to all this but love to get out and explore. Just got my 4runner last week and excited to slowly make it more my own and going out and hitting the trails. Occasionally camp out at the beaches in Mexico but nothing extreme. More pictures to come hopefully after some outdoor activities.

Welcome!
Nice looking truck, you're gonna have a ton of fun with it. I'm also here in Southern AZ (Tucson) so feel free to hit me up if you ever wanna hit the trails or just want some advice/tips on routes or camp spots. We go out fairly regularly, often a few times a month. Sometimes for just a weekend, sometimes for a week or two. Also come say hi in the Arizona Overlanders thread! I'm starting to hold regular meetups in the Tucson area, we just had one two weekends ago, next one will be in December and will be posted to Rally Point in the next week or two.

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Greetings!
Rig: 2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Why? Why not! Been working out of the country for most of the last decade, so time to start getting out and enjoying the great outdoors in my home state and any place else that catches our fancy.
NV
Welcome to OB. You may want to check out the Reno Overlanding Thread

https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/reno-overlanding-meetings-and-trail-runs-thread.17576/

If you have any questions, you can PM me or @Kent R who is our West Regional OB Ambassador.

Reactions: Kent R

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM

Welcome. Nice Rig. Look forward to seeing your modifications in a build thread. Also, there is a 4Runner Owners registry thread you may want to check out

https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/4runner-owners-registry.1356/

Ronin47

Rank II

Contributor III

Culpeper, VA, USA
First Name
Cameron
Last Name
V
Hello! Cameron (aka Polemarchos) here!
1) Location: Albemarle County, VA
2) Rig(s): 1999 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee Limited
2012 Volvo XC60
3) Overlanding Experience Background:
Why Overlanding? Well, I have always loved the great outdoors, and I love driving, and tinkering with automobiles; and Overlanding sounds like the perfect combination of the three. I'm still a rookie, and haven't had the chance to do much serious Overlanding yet, but here's to changing that ASAP.
20181101_174346.jpg

NWTrex

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hello Everyone !
Really looking forward to being in the Overland community.
We have a 07 Sequoia we love!
Camping,hunting,motorcycling,exploring,Portland to Coast, (its the walking part of the Hood to Coast) every year!!
The Sacajawea takes us everywhere
Have more mods planned, but I will get much needed help and ideas here!IMG_2731.JPG

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

Hello NW Trex,
Welcome to the best group of Overlandering on the net! We sure are blessed to live in the PNW.! I have been at the top of MT. Hood 5 times! I love exploring all the great areas around us, from the mountains to the coastal and even here on the East side. Hope you enjoy this site like I do! Benz.

Chris Burke

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hello everyone,

I guess this is where I introduce myself :). I am extremely new to the overlanding idea, but not to adventure. A buddy of mind recently introduced me to the idea of taking my truck out as a way to explore our country and get to see and stay at places I’ve never been. I recently bought a Ram 1500 Rebel, so I’m excited to go adventuring but I don’t have much experience off roading. I would welcome any advice or pointers on getting me ‘out there’.

I’ve car camped, but always at groomed campsites. If anyone knows of places to cut my teeth in the Aiken,SC area I would be happy to explore them.

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Arlington, WA, USA
First Name
Brie
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
Hello Everyone !
Camping,hunting,motorcycling,exploring,Portland to Coast, (its the walking part of the Hood to Coast) every year!!
Have more mods planned, but I will get much needed help and ideas here!View attachment 74572
Welcome fellow PNW overlander! A fair bit of warning... your list of mods will always be growing. But hey, living in the PNW and not having a totally capable overlanding vehicle is just sad, so mod on. There is a great group of OB members in your neck of the woods that get together monthly. In fact their next meet-up is on November 10th. Check it out in the Rally Points section [link]. This and many other great opportunities are posted in the Events forum [link] and in the NorthWest Region forum [link], so you might want to head on over to those and check them out.

Reactions: 4wheelspulling

brien

Sonoran Space Program
Staff member

Off-Road Ranger I

Tucson, AZ
First Name
Brien
Last Name
Wankel
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7XPO
Hello everyone,

I guess this is where I introduce myself :). I am extremely new to the overlanding idea, but not to adventure. A buddy of mind recently introduced me to the idea of taking my truck out as a way to explore our country and get to see and stay at places I’ve never been. I recently bought a Ram 1500 Rebel, so I’m excited to go adventuring but I don’t have much experience off roading. I would welcome any advice or pointers on getting me ‘out there’.

I’ve car camped, but always at groomed campsites. If anyone knows of places to cut my teeth in the Aiken,SC area I would be happy to explore them.
Welcome, Chris! A great way to get out there is to just... well, get out there, hah! Ok, a more meaningful piece of guidance: A great way to get started is to look up a local national forest, Oconee, Chattahoochee, Francis Marion, whichever, then find the Multi Use Vehicle Map (MVUM) for that forest. Either print out the map from from www.fs.fed.us, or use an app on your phone/tablet like Gaia or Backcountry Navigator that has an MVUM layer. From there, just start exploring, follow marked forest service roads, most will be decently maintained dirt roads or trails, if you find yourself on a trail that's getting less maintained, turn around before you reach the limit of your comfort. In all National Forests throughout the US, you should run across countless dispersed camping spots (they are also marked with a dot on the side of the road on some MVUMs)

It would be a bit of last minute planning, but there's also an incredible outdoor expo happening only a few hours from you at the end of next week. It's the type of event that you could just drive up for as a day trip if you didn't want to try and sort out camping on such short notice. Saturday is the most active day of the event: Overland Expo EAST

Also check Rally Point for local events or meetups in your area where you'll be able to connect with other overlanders, you are in the South East region so here's the SE Regional Forums area, and here's Rally Point filtered for SE events.

jasgwoods

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Rocky Top, TN
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Woods
Member #

Hello Everyone !
Have more mods planned, but I will get much needed help and ideas here!View attachment 74572
Welcome! Beautiful pic!

jasgwoods

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Rocky Top, TN
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Woods
Member #

Hello everyone,

Welcome! I am a newbie as well. You'll find that there is a lot of great information at OB.

jasgwoods

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Rocky Top, TN
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Woods
Member #

Hello! Cameron (aka Polemarchos) here!
1) Location: Albemarle County, VA
2) Rig(s): 1999 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee Limited
2012 Volvo XC60
3) Overlanding Experience Background:
Why Overlanding? Well, I have always loved the great outdoors, and I love driving, and tinkering with automobiles; and Overlanding sounds like the perfect combination of the three. I'm still a rookie, and haven't had the chance to do much serious Overlanding yet, but here's to changing that ASAP.
View attachment 74549
Welcome!

LoneStarFlatLanders

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Van Alstyne, Texas, USA
Member #

Welcome! i'm looking forward to hearing about your Ranger, definitely start up a build thread if you make changes. I know a lot of people around here are keeping a close eye on that "new" platform.
I was wanting to wait a little before I bought one, but I decided to pull the trigger anyways. From what I have seen from the Ranger launch events, the new trail control system and overall capabilities of the truck seem awesome. I get to drive them in December at our local launch events in Arlington (Dallas) and Fort Worth.

Reactions: brien