Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

COOPIX

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hey everyone. I'm Anthony. I'm located in Springfield Oregon. Havent done much "overlanding". But I've ALWAYS loved the outdoors and nature. As well as vehicles that cam get us out there and back! I recently got myself a 98 Ram 1500 Laramie. Gonna get it completely trustworthy and start outfitting it for my adventures to come. Can't wait to learn from you all and share my camping trips and adventures with you.

COOPIX

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hey everyone. I'm Anthony. I'm located in Springfield Oregon. Havent done much "overlanding". But I've ALWAYS loved the outdoors and nature. As well as vehicles that cam get us out there and back! I recently got myself a 98 Ram 1500 Laramie. Gonna get it completely trustworthy and start outfitting it for my adventures to come. Can't wait to learn from you all and share my camping trips and adventures with you.
Here's a photo of the truckIMG_20181017_190127_651.jpeg

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Pictures: (I need to take some and add them, stay tuned)

Rig: Just picked up a 2018 Toyota 4Runner TRD Offroad Premium (wife wanted heated seats with leather and I wanted a locker and 4 wheel drive)

Overlanding Experience Background:

I would say I am a novice, I grew up in scouts from Tiger Cub to just shy of Eagle Scout and have always loved camping. I grew up in the country and was normal for us to take what ever vehicle we had off road to some degree. I was laid off early 2017 and found myself with lots of free time and lots of daydreaming of a fully decked out Jeep since multiple friends and family have them and go out on trails. I started watching videos on YouTube and started seeing videos about Overlanding and started to get interested in it more so then rock crawling and mudding. I also started seeing all kinds of vehicles being used, not just jeeps.

I started a new job early this year and started looking at Jeeps and Ram trucks, my wife was leaning towards the truck as it had more room inside and had a better ride. A few months back we found out we were pregnant with our first child which spawned lots of plans in my head for overlanding adventures as a family. In my wife's mind that meant no Jeep for sure (felt it was too small and not family friendly enough) and the truck might not even be a good idea (limited interior space for all the baby stuff). I started looking at 4Runners after seeing a few channels on YouTube where families were overlanding in them. I really wanted the TRD Pro but after doing some research it looked like the TRD Off Road had everything I needed (I plan on putting a 3 inch lift so the Pro shocks would be wasted). My wife really wanted heated seats and leather so to meet her needs and my own, I started tracking down one in the color and trim I wanted. I found the exact color and trim local and it had lots of other extras. My wife and I test drove it and she loved it and so did I and as of last week my little hot rod Mazdaspeed3 was traded in and I drove home in a new 4Runner.

Looking forward to absorbing as much knowledge as possible and meeting up with anyone local and starting my overlanding adventures!
Pictures: (I need to take some and add them, stay tuned)

Rig: Just picked up a 2018 Toyota 4Runner TRD Offroad Premium (wife wanted heated seats with leather and I wanted a locker and 4 wheel drive)

Overlanding Experience Background:

I would say I am a novice, I grew up in scouts from Tiger Cub to just shy of Eagle Scout and have always loved camping. I grew up in the country and was normal for us to take what ever vehicle we had off road to some degree. I was laid off early 2017 and found myself with lots of free time and lots of daydreaming of a fully decked out Jeep since multiple friends and family have them and go out on trails. I started watching videos on YouTube and started seeing videos about Overlanding and started to get interested in it more so then rock crawling and mudding. I also started seeing all kinds of vehicles being used, not just jeeps.

I started a new job early this year and started looking at Jeeps and Ram trucks, my wife was leaning towards the truck as it had more room inside and had a better ride. A few months back we found out we were pregnant with our first child which spawned lots of plans in my head for overlanding adventures as a family. In my wife's mind that meant no Jeep for sure (felt it was too small and not family friendly enough) and the truck might not even be a good idea (limited interior space for all the baby stuff). I started looking at 4Runners after seeing a few channels on YouTube where families were overlanding in them. I really wanted the TRD Pro but after doing some research it looked like the TRD Off Road had everything I needed (I plan on putting a 3 inch lift so the Pro shocks would be wasted). My wife really wanted heated seats and leather so to meet her needs and my own, I started tracking down one in the color and trim I wanted. I found the exact color and trim local and it had lots of other extras. My wife and I test drove it and she loved it and so did I and as of last week my little hot rod Mazdaspeed3 was traded in and I drove home in a new 4Runner.

Looking forward to absorbing as much knowledge as possible and meeting up with anyone local and starting my overlanding adventures!
Welcome to Overland Bound!

The DFW area has a Meet-Up that meets monthly, if your interested check out the meet-up page on the forum for details. https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/reoccurring-dallas-fort-worth-dfw-meet-up.18113/page-5#post-265965

If you have any questions message me on the forum @Kent R

Reactions: SparkySparks

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
New member from Greenbrier ArkansasView attachment 73702

Check the forum calendar and meet-up page for events and trips that might be happening close to you.

If you have any questions message your regional ambassador or you can contact me on the forum

@Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Check the forum calendar and meet-up page for events and trips that might be happening close to you.

If you have any questions message me on the forum @Kent R

tmarton05

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Medford, MA
First Name
Taylor
Last Name
Marton
Member #

Welcome!

Duck of Deth

Rank II
Launch Member

Member I

Fairview Heights, IL
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Duckworth
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W9ZRT
Hello everyone, I'm Jeff from the St. Louis region. I'm a magnet for expensive hobbies and overland travel seems like a good fit. I've owned capable vehicles for many years (2 Ford and 3 Toyota 4x4's) and now I want to put them to good use.

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Ferndale, WA USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
Welcome Anthony! The great news is the PNW is the perfect place to start adventuring.

RockDisco

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Edmonton, Alberta
Member #

Hello Everyone, I'm a new Member from Alberta. I have been hitting the back country my whole life across Alberta. Off road exploring, hunting, climbing, back packing, pretty much any way of seeing nature. Rigs have included Jeep, Frontier, Toyota, and now Land Rover. I look forward to meeting some of you on the trails. Does anybody know if there is an ambassador for the Alberta or Western Canada?

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hello Everyone, I'm a new Member from Alberta. I have been hitting the back country my whole life across Alberta. Off road exploring, hunting, climbing, back packing, pretty much any way of seeing nature. Rigs have included Jeep, Frontier, Toyota, and now Land Rover. I look forward to meeting some of you on the trails. Does anybody know if there is an ambassador for the Alberta or Western Canada?
Welcome

SparkySparks

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Houston, Texas, USA
Member #