Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

canuckfj

Rank 0

Contributor I

Canada
Hey there! My name is Jeremy, father of two from Quebec, Canada.

I have been the proud owner of a 2013 FJ Cruiser for a year now and I have decided to get more serious about offroading shortly after.

You can see my mod history on my Instagram. Might post it here as well.

I already had some fun off road experiences at Rausch Creek (FJ Northeasters), Windrock Park (ATR 2018).
I also did the Swisha Loop in Quebec and some other trails.

I am getting much more interested in overlanding as I'll be going to FJ Summit 2019 with the kids. Just bought a barely used Kakadu Camping Bushranger 200XT with options. The FJ just doesn't have enough space for the kids and the gear. I'll be mostly lurking into trailer setups and overlanding routes. Travelling to Alaska is on a short bucket list.

azstruble

Rank 0

Traveler I

Arizona
Hi everyone!

I am new to the community. I found the site via the content on YouTube. I really enjoyed the more 'easy going' of the website/forum as well as the content was not so hyper-mod/hyper-technical orientated as I am certainly a novice to vehicle work/modifying.

I'm located in Arizona and my Tacoma is my first truck I've owned (always had cars). My truck is a 2018 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab Off Road. There have been a few modifications I've done to it, but nothing too extravagant -- tonneau cover, side steps (sadly didn't go rock sliders and may regret that), and in the midst of adding lighting to it (ditch and bed)

My experience in overlanding is definitely novice. I look forward to the content on this site and the community and it's combined knowledge and inclusion.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi guys, My name is Brooks, from Chino Hills, CA. Just joined and I'm a total novice but hoping to learn and gain more experience.

Our overland rig is a 2010 Lexus GX460 mall crawler, totally stock except for the 32" tires and Method wheels. We just installed a Skycamp RTT. Took it for a couple of overnight trips in Borrego springs and Big Bear and absolutely love it!
View attachment 73526
Welcome to Overland Bound!

There is a meet-up in your area that meets monthly, check them out on the forum if your interested.https:/www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/reoccurring-inland-empire-meet-up-06-16-2018.10015/

If you have any questions message me on the forum @Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone name is Taylor, new to this forum!

Location: Massachusetts but spend a lot of time up in Maine and Vermont as well
Rig: 2006 4Runner Limited 4.0L 6CYL, currently stock but plans are to install OME lift and Falken Wildpeak AT3W 265/70/18 tires in the spring.
4) Overlanding Experience Background: Did one trip up to North Maine Woods last fall. Looking forward to many more trips in the future!!

View attachment 73560 View attachment 73561

Check the forum calendar and meet-up page for events and trips that might be happening close to you.
If you have any questions message your regional ambassador or you can contact me on the forum

@Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

I have been the proud owner of a 2013 FJ Cruiser for a year now and I have decided to get more serious about offroading shortly after.

I already had some fun off road experiences at Rausch Creek (FJ Northeasters), Windrock Park (ATR 2018).

I am getting much more interested in overlanding as I'll be going to FJ Summit 2019 with the kids. Just bought a barely used Kakadu Camping Bushranger 200XT with options. The FJ just doesn't have enough space for the kids and the gear. I'll be mostly lurking into trailer setups and overlanding routes. Travelling to Alaska is on a short bucket list.

Check the forum calendar and meet-up page for events and trips that might be happening close to you.

If you have any questions message your regional ambassador or you can contact me on the forum

@Kent R

Reactions: canuckfj

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone!

I am new to the community. I found the site via the content on YouTube. I really enjoyed the more 'easy going' of the website/forum as well as the content was not so hyper-mod/hyper-technical orientated as I am certainly a novice to vehicle work/modifying.

I'm located in Arizona and my Tacoma is my first truck I've owned (always had cars). My truck is a 2018 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab Off Road. There have been a few modifications I've done to it, but nothing too extravagant -- tonneau cover, side steps (sadly didn't go rock sliders and may regret that), and in the midst of adding lighting to it (ditch and bed)

My experience in overlanding is definitely novice. I look forward to the content on this site and the community and it's combined knowledge and inclusion.

Contributor III

TX/OK
First Name
John
Last Name
Phillips
Member #

Hey Y’all!

I’m John and am from Texas. New to the Overlanding Community, have been keeping up with this Forum since early 2016. Finally decided to get my membership.

My Ride:
2016 Ram 1500 4x4
Leveled with BFGoodrich All-Terrains

Looking to spec it out and go on more adventures to tackler with the Ram. Also shoot me ideas for the Ram.

Attachments

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey Y’all!

I’m John and am from Texas. New to the Overlanding Community, have been keeping up with this Forum since early 2016. Finally decided to get my membership.

My Ride:
2016 Ram 1500 4x4
Leveled with BFGoodrich All-Terrains

Looking to spec it out and go on more adventures to tackler with the Ram. Also shoot me ideas for the Ram.

Reactions: STOMPERWK2

Contributor I

Hi everyone, I'm from Arizona and currently drive a 2005 Toyota Tacoma. I have a lot of experience camping out of tents and trailers, but like I imagine many of you feel that wasn't enough. I realized that to get to more remote and beautiful places I needed to rely more on my vehicle and what I could fit in it. That's when I started researching over landing and stumbled across overland bound.

Attachments

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello All I John and I just signed up to this forum and joined as a member.
I'm from Connecticut and currently wheeling a 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee.

@Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone, I'm from Arizona and currently drive a 2005 Toyota Tacoma. I have a lot of experience camping out of tents and trailers, but like I imagine many of you feel that wasn't enough. I realized that to get to more remote and beautiful places I needed to rely more on my vehicle and what I could fit in it. That's when I started researching over landing and stumbled across overland bound.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Thank you for letting me be part of this great adventure. My name is Alex and had a 2016 TRD Sport but just upgraded to an 18 TRD Off Road. More to soon follow.In the east coast now but Arizona bound in a little over a year.

SparkySparks

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Houston, Texas, USA
Member #

Pictures: (I need to take some and add them, stay tuned)

Rig: Just picked up a 2018 Toyota 4Runner TRD Offroad Premium (wife wanted heated seats with leather and I wanted a locker and 4 wheel drive)

Overlanding Experience Background:

I would say I am a novice, I grew up in scouts from Tiger Cub to just shy of Eagle Scout and have always loved camping. I grew up in the country and was normal for us to take what ever vehicle we had off road to some degree. I was laid off early 2017 and found myself with lots of free time and lots of daydreaming of a fully decked out Jeep since multiple friends and family have them and go out on trails. I started watching videos on YouTube and started seeing videos about Overlanding and started to get interested in it more so then rock crawling and mudding. I also started seeing all kinds of vehicles being used, not just jeeps.

I started a new job early this year and started looking at Jeeps and Ram trucks, my wife was leaning towards the truck as it had more room inside and had a better ride. A few months back we found out we were pregnant with our first child which spawned lots of plans in my head for overlanding adventures as a family. In my wife's mind that meant no Jeep for sure (felt it was too small and not family friendly enough) and the truck might not even be a good idea (limited interior space for all the baby stuff). I started looking at 4Runners after seeing a few channels on YouTube where families were overlanding in them. I really wanted the TRD Pro but after doing some research it looked like the TRD Off Road had everything I needed (I plan on putting a 3 inch lift so the Pro shocks would be wasted). My wife really wanted heated seats and leather so to meet her needs and my own, I started tracking down one in the color and trim I wanted. I found the exact color and trim local and it had lots of other extras. My wife and I test drove it and she loved it and so did I and as of last week my little hot rod Mazdaspeed3 was traded in and I drove home in a new 4Runner.

Looking forward to absorbing as much knowledge as possible and meeting up with anyone local and starting my overlanding adventures!

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Robertson County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

Welcome to Overland Bound and always nice to have another FJ in the mix!!! If you're ever in Central NY look me up!

Reactions: Drifterman