Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

Medic1822

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

464 Lincoln Ave. Wyckoff, NJ
Member #

Hello to all fellow adventurers, Medic1822/Carl. I have been a member for a while but just have not had the time to jump on here. I am live in in Northern New Jersey, the land of tough off road laws. I drive a 1998 Land Rover Discovery 1 and have a 1968 M-416 trailer with tent on top. I love being outdoors and exploring. I have done trips mainly with Land Rover groups during the year. I would like to do a long trip some where, just not sure where. Looking to hear for people and read about their experiences and to make new friends.

Attachments

Bravosmash

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hey everybody

Currently active duty army deployed but live near Nashville Tennessee. I have a little off road experience having owned an old YJ (that I made into a beast) and then an XJ.
Now I’m driving a 2014 Chevy Silverado on 35s with a 6” BDS lift and some other goodies (pics when I get home) I’ve never been overlanding but it seems to be everything I’m looking for as far as some good adventures and getting the family out and about.

Looking forward to getting the truck more ready and getting involved with some like minded peeps.

RXH

Rank III

Enthusiast I

Park City, Utah, United States
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Hollingworth
Member #

Service Branch
The Royal Navy
Hello form Madison WI-by way of Honduras, Thailand and origination of England and Ireland.

Looking at all forms of OLT but always come back to the basics, solid vehicle and tent....thats until we get old and creaky and retire to a soulless RV.

Lots of camping and travel experience, but relatively new to the OLT scene.

Currently styling a Jeep Rubicon with RTT.

Attachments

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Hello form Madison WI-by way of Honduras, Thailand and origination of England and Ireland.

Looking at all forms of OLT but always come back to the basics, solid vehicle and tent....thats until we get old and creaky and retire to a soulless RV.

Welcome. Loved Thailand when I lived there.

4WDGEEK

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hello Everyone - I'm Steve and I'm relatively new to overlanding. I have always been a car guy growing up loving speed. More recently I have taken to off-roading and over-landing. I currently have two rigs:

1989 Toyota 4runner - 3vze - 5 speed: I have invested a lot of time and $ in this truck and learned a lot doing so.

And I recently picked up a:

1990 Gen 1 Mitsubishi Montero: almost stock besides 33" Duratrac's and a tune up.

I'm a bit tight on funds at the moment and I was thinking I might sell both (tears) in order to pick up a Gen2 or Gen2.5 Montero and enjoy the luxuries of a never vehicle while building a capable overland truck on a budget. It will be hard to let the Yota go due to the blood, sweat, and tears put into her!
1989 4runner.jpg 90 Montero.jpg 89 4runner 2.jpg

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello to all fellow adventurers, Medic1822/Carl. I have been a member for a while but just have not had the time to jump on here. I am live in in Northern New Jersey, the land of tough off road laws. I drive a 1998 Land Rover Discovery 1 and have a 1968 M-416 trailer with tent on top. I love being outdoors and exploring. I have done trips mainly with Land Rover groups during the year. I would like to do a long trip some where, just not sure where. Looking to hear for people and read about their experiences and to make new friends.
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and meet-up page for events and trips that might be happening close to you.

If you have any questions message your regional ambassador or you can contact me on the forum

@Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everybody

Currently active duty army deployed but live near Nashville Tennessee. I have a little off road experience having owned an old YJ (that I made into a beast) and then an XJ.
Now I’m driving a 2014 Chevy Silverado on 35s with a 6” BDS lift and some other goodies (pics when I get home) I’ve never been overlanding but it seems to be everything I’m looking for as far as some good adventures and getting the family out and about.

Looking forward to getting the truck more ready and getting involved with some like minded peeps.

Check the forum calendar and meet-up page for events and trips that might be happening close to you.
If you have any questions message your regional ambassador or you can contact me on the forum

@Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi All,

New guy here and no rig yet but that is in process as we speak. I'm located near Dayton, Ohio. And I have minimal Overlanding experience. Mainly Joining here because I plan to get into this hobby more extensively and I'm looking for guidance on where to go that is fairly enough close to me for a weekend trip to start.

Thanks Everyone!

@Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello from Colorado Springs, CO.
I currently drive a Nissan Xterra.
very inexperienced but willing to take tips and pointers.

@Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Great forum picture.

@Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
2010 Jeep JK daily driver, not afraid to get dirty on the weekends and always full of beach sand
From Louisiana now in Jax Beach
Been Overlanding before there was internet and just called it camping.
Doors off > doors on

Dirty is good!

@Kent R

Reactions: Bomber Bash

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello Everyone - I'm Steve and I'm relatively new to overlanding. I have always been a car guy growing up loving speed. More recently I have taken to off-roading and over-landing. I currently have two rigs:

1989 Toyota 4runner - 3vze - 5 speed: I have invested a lot of time and $ in this truck and learned a lot doing so.

And I recently picked up a:

1990 Gen 1 Mitsubishi Montero: almost stock besides 33" Duratrac's and a tune up.

I'm a bit tight on funds at the moment and I was thinking I might sell both (tears) in order to pick up a Gen2 or Gen2.5 Montero and enjoy the luxuries of a never vehicle while building a capable overland truck on a budget. It will be hard to let the Yota go due to the blood, sweat, and tears put into her!
View attachment 72737 View attachment 72738 View attachment 72736

As far a selling in order to get the vehicle you want, sometimes you just need to do it. Good Luck with the next build.

@Kent R

JohnTYoung

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate I

Snowmass, CO, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Young
Member #

Hello, All,
My Name is John. I live in Snowmass, Colorado and drive a 2018 Toyota Tacoma. It's my first Taco, though I've owned four 4Runners throughout the years beginning with a 1984 fire engine red 4Runner. I'll see if I can find a picture of it. I've been four wheeling for 30 some years though I wouldn't call myself an expert. I am definitely new to Overlanding. Usually I'm a hiker, so my truck is a bit bare bones right now. But I'm working on that.
dcmAi6rUT3mnlKK2g+4CdA.jpg

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Rig: 2016 Toyota 4Runner Trail (no KDSS)
Experience: Novice

@Kent R

Reactions: JohnTYoung

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello, All,
My Name is John. I live in Snowmass, Colorado and drive a 2018 Toyota Tacoma. It's my first Taco, though I've owned four 4Runners throughout the years beginning with a 1984 fire engine red 4Runner. I'll see if I can find a picture of it. I've been four wheeling for 30 some years though I wouldn't call myself an expert. I am definitely new to Overlanding. Usually I'm a hiker, so my truck is a bit bare bones right now. But I'm working on that.
View attachment 72746

Love the color of the truck.

@Kent R

Reactions: Ncat and JohnTYoung