Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey all, my name is Doug, California native in Silicon Valley. I'm just getting started with the "Overland" thing after watching a bunch of YouTube videos.

Rig: 2008 Toyota Tacoma single cab 4x4, was my daily driver for the last 8 years.

Experience: Camping, Dirt bike/ dual sport riding/racing, Pre runner in the 90's, rock crawler early 2000's
View attachment 72218
Hope to get out of the concrete jungle and meet some new people.
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and meet-up page for events and trips that might be happening close to you.
If you have any questions message me on the forum @Kent R

Reactions: Daglio

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

We're Kevin and Jen and live in South Central Pa. We're newbies to the overland experience. We used our roof top tent with our Audi Avant (we're big Audi enthusiasts), but finally decided we need a suitable rig. We purchased a 01 Land Rover Disco II to fill that role. Lately I've been sorting out the mechanical needs and have been sourcing out our wants list. Last weekend we purchasesd an ARB 2000 for the left side and an ARB 1250 for the rear. I also bought the supplies to DIY a road shower for the right side. I just started the fabrication process for our roof rack to mount out RTT and added storage. We have plans for a storage system in the rear cargo area as well, but that is further down the to do list. We're excited to be taking our camping and exploring to the next level and look forward to nights by the campfire with other members of the community.

Check the forum calendar and meet-up page for events and trips that might be happening close to you.
If you have any questions message your regional ambassador or you can contact me on the forum

@Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Here goes! Long time lurker, new poster. Texan living in Seattle, Washington. Really enjoying the new terrain out here!

2004 Nissan Xterra 4x4 Manual Trans
210k miles
Daily driver

I'd consider myself and my wonderful long term girlfriend and our dog as car camper+ or overland-lite. We don't like established campgrounds. We do love dirt forest roads. We are not afraid of snakes and javelinas but this whole bears and mountain lions thing makes us cautious!

Would love to meet more folks in Washington or the PNW who are more on the overland/camp side than the wheeling/crawling side. I daily my rig so it's gotta stay in one piece! No RTT... Dog can't climb a ladder! View attachment 72237

Hello!View attachment 72235 View attachment 72236
Just a little bit more public land out in the west.
There are several meet-ups in your area, so if your interested check out the meet-up page of the forum.

Reactions: Ncat and Drifterman

Jacob Cline

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Temecula, CA, USA
First Name
Jacob
Last Name
Cline
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Tan F150
Reactions: Kent R

Traveler I

No rig! Currently car-free but go overlanding with friends who have cars. Looking to buy my own soon.
Costa Rica! Moved here three years ago.
I'm pretty novice. It's popular here in Costa Rica for obvious reasons to anyone who's ever visited! So I've gone on trips and ford rivers/go off road just in order to commute as I live in a remote area, but always as a passenger. I'm hoping to get a decent, cheap rig and start doing it myself, ideally with a roof tent so I can go on camping trips around Central America. My dream is to do this from Canada all the way down to the southern tip of Argentina/Chile one day.

woony

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hi
Newbie here and to 'overlanding'.

I'm 32 and have always enjoyed camping, my girlfriend ( soon -to-be- wife ) likes it also.
I've always like 4x4's and the whole idea of going out on 'adventure'.

Until now I haven't really been able to own a 4x4, invested in a house first and always have had a company-car.
We are getting settled in ( got the house and renovations, wedding, wife-car etc.. ) so I will be able to finally own a 4x4 and learn how to use it properly and go on probably amazing trips :).

So recently I started doing some research on what would be a solid buy ( and not breaking the bank ) for a starter but also with some growing potential. This is how I ended up here aswell in my quest to adventure and freedom.

In the coming year 2019 a purchase WILL happen :D

Hope to learn a lot here.
Greetings from Belgium!
I posted this in August and today we've decided on a second hand Jeep Wrangler Rubicon! Super stoked, all stuff should get finalised coming week and hope to drive it home next weekend! Once the car is here I'm getting that OB emblem :D

Jeep Wrangler JKU Rubicon 9/2011

Last edited:

Ram2018

Rank 0

Traveler I

FE421AEF-BACF-4984-A7F6-A28383C5EC08.jpeg
New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.
I live in Angleton TX .
Father ,husband, son and brother.
I have a black 2018 Ram 1500 4 x 4 crew cab.
I go off road as much as possible.
My wife says where are you going?
My kids say go daddy go! Lol
There are routes around Houston.
Hard to find .

Last edited:

Jdiesel83

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Hello all!
Overland newbie living in Ft Worth Tx. Found overlanding while looking for some decent off road spots around DFW and have spent the past couple weeks researching all things overland.

My daily driver is a 2014 F-350 4x4 crew cab long bed so its limited in its off road capabilities for obvious size reasons but it tows the 5th wheel so gotta have it.

My off road rig is my 1982 F-250 4x4 6.9 diesel with a 4speed manual- its still stock right now (except the smoke stacks). I'm looking for some local folks in DFW to connect with and ultimately want to get my rig set up and hit the trails for Big Bend trip and i hear there is good off road trails in the Hill County outside of Austin TX.

Here are a couple pics of the rigs as they:

Attachments

Kenneth Fancher

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Los Angeles, CA, USA
Member #

Hello! Now that I have a 4x4 Sprinter to explore the world in, I figured it was time to join this group.

1) Photos to come later.....
2) Los Angeles, CA (San Fernando Valley)
3) 2017 MBZ Sprinter 4x4, 144" wheelbase, ADF custom adventure van conversion (think house on wheels).
4) Novice - some 4x4 and offroad experience and overlanding on my BMW GS Adventure

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
No rig! Currently car-free but go overlanding with friends who have cars. Looking to buy my own soon.
Costa Rica! Moved here three years ago.
I'm pretty novice. It's popular here in Costa Rica for obvious reasons to anyone who's ever visited! So I've gone on trips and ford rivers/go off road just in order to commute as I live in a remote area, but always as a passenger. I'm hoping to get a decent, cheap rig and start doing it myself, ideally with a roof tent so I can go on camping trips around Central America. My dream is to do this from Canada all the way down to the southern tip of Argentina/Chile one day.
Welcome to Overland Bound!!
Check out his video about a group that did you dram trip.
Any Questions about Overland Bound dont message me @Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
View attachment 72321
I live in Angleton TX .
Father ,husband, son and brother.
I have a black 2018 Ram 1500 4 x 4 crew cab.
I go off road as much as possible.
My wife says where are you going?
My kids say go daddy go! Lol
There are routes around Houston.
Hard to find .

I am working on getting a meet-up started in your area so standby.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all!
Overland newbie living in Ft Worth Tx. Found overlanding while looking for some decent off road spots around DFW and have spent the past couple weeks researching all things overland.

My daily driver is a 2014 F-350 4x4 crew cab long bed so its limited in its off road capabilities for obvious size reasons but it tows the 5th wheel so gotta have it.

My off road rig is my 1982 F-250 4x4 6.9 diesel with a 4speed manual- its still stock right now (except the smoke stacks). I'm looking for some local folks in DFW to connect with and ultimately want to get my rig set up and hit the trails for Big Bend trip and i hear there is good off road trails in the Hill County outside of Austin TX.

Hello all!

The DFW area has a Meet-Up that meets monthly, if your interested check out the meet-up page on the forum for details. https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/reoccurring-dallas-fort-worth-dfw-meet-up.18113/page-5#post-265965

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello! Now that I have a 4x4 Sprinter to explore the world in, I figured it was time to join this group.

1) Photos to come later.....
2) Los Angeles, CA (San Fernando Valley)
3) 2017 MBZ Sprinter 4x4, 144" wheelbase, ADF custom adventure van conversion (think house on wheels).
4) Novice - some 4x4 and offroad experience and overlanding on my BMW GS Adventure

There are several meet-ups in your area, so if your interested check out the meet-up page of the forum.

Cryptid Species

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Tucson, Arizona, USA
Member #

Hello, my name is Jay. I’ve only learned of Overlanding today. It has struck a nerve, (childhood camping memories kicking in). I’m going to pick up a truck next weekend. I’m flying to Washington to pick it up and driving it back to Arizona. Unfortunately it is completely stock so the return trip will not be as fun as I would like and I will have to fight the urges.( It will still be a great trip.) I will keep you all updated on the transformation of the truck and look forward to getting great advise from everybody.

Wasatch Runner

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Saint George, UT, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Talbot
Member #

Hello everyone. I'm James. I have been overlanding by hitching a ride with friends for several years and finally decided to get into the game for real. I have a 5th gen Toyota 4Runner that I'm starting to build up for a "someday" trip from Utah to Cabo and back, camping along the shores of Baja California. In the mean-time I'm learning just how capable this machine is... and it has already blown my mind a few times (over elephant hill in Canyonlands in the first 200 miles I put on it, etc.).

Rig: 5th gen Toyota 4Runner
Lift: 3 inch "lift and level" with spacers only
Rock sliders: Shrockworks
Front bumper: C4 Fabrication Lo Pro w/ Extreme LED lightbar and Smittybilt X20 winch
Rack: Front Runner Slimline II
Headlights: Xenon Depot Xtreme LED Pro (those factory lights were useless)
Skidplates: factory today, RCI raw aluminum when I get around to installing them
Rooftop Tent: soon (23zero)

IMG_20181012_174101_315.jpg

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello, my name is Jay. I’ve only learned of Overlanding today. It has struck a nerve, (childhood camping memories kicking in). I’m going to pick up a truck next weekend. I’m flying to Washington to pick it up and driving it back to Arizona. Unfortunately it is completely stock so the return trip will not be as fun as I would like and I will have to fight the urges.( It will still be a great trip.) I will keep you all updated on the transformation of the truck and look forward to getting great advise from everybody.