Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

Jeff & Heather

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler III

La Verne, CA, USA
Member #

Hello to you all - Jeff & Heather here. We're happy to be apart of the community. Heather lives in Laguna and I live in La Verne, Ca. We drive a 2014 Ford F-350 and are new to the overloading scene. Heather was diagnosed with cancer and underwent months and months of treatment which meant tons of couch time for both of us. Once done we decided we wanted to get out and be away from couches and crowds. We wanted to explore and see new and interesting things. You never know how long you have on this planet so, we wanted to see more of it. We've taken 7 trips this year and look forward to many-many more.

Attachments

DarrenD

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Orange County, CA, USA
First Name
Darren
Last Name
Delin
Member #

What’s up!
My name is Darren Delin and I’m from Southern California. I’ve got lots of camping and travel experience but newer to overlanding so thought I would jump in!
I love back country and I passionately dislike campgrounds.
I’m married with one 2 year old boy and a girl on the way.
I’m a Youth Pastor at our local church and have been there for 12 years.

I drive a 2001 F350 7.3
Custom built John Wood transmission
35” KO2’s
Bilstien 5100’s all around
Switched from a hard top shell to a soft top and I’m stoked about it 99% of the time.
Truck has 190,000 and am planning on getting it well over 500,000. It’s build for reliability first and then fun second since it’s my DD. I have big plans but I also have a family and want to move into a house so slow is my progress.

Stoked to be a part of this community to learn from you all and pitch in when I can!

Here are some pictures from this last week in Utah.

IMG_2026.JPGIMG_8616.JPGIMG_1941.JPG

Drifterman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler I

East Patchogue, NY, USA
First Name
Fluffy
Last Name
Drifter
Member #

Hey y'all - New member here. Just moved to New York State from the mitten and discovered O.B. when looking for places to primitive camp/wheel/explore in NY. I'm hoping to use this as a resource to meet folks and share information and experiences. Most of my recent overloading has been done on my motorcycle (BMW GS) but also have a '17 Tacoma that I'm eager to go get dirty. It will be better suited to bring along my wife and dog.
Not the greatest pictures but... View attachment 72095View attachment 72096

Thanks - Dave
Welcome to the state of no

Daglio

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

San Jose, Ca.
First Name
Douglas
Last Name
Green
Member #

Hey all, my name is Doug, California native in Silicon Valley. I'm just getting started with the "Overland" thing after watching a bunch of YouTube videos.

Rig: 2008 Toyota Tacoma single cab 4x4, was my daily driver for the last 8 years.

Experience: Camping, Dirt bike/ dual sport riding/racing, Pre runner in the 90's, rock crawler early 2000's
20171114_073624.jpg
Hope to get out of the concrete jungle and meet some new people.

vwauditech

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lancaster, PA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
McCarley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRFX362

We're Kevin and Jen and live in South Central Pa. We're newbies to the overland experience. We used our roof top tent with our Audi Avant (we're big Audi enthusiasts), but finally decided we need a suitable rig. We purchased a 01 Land Rover Disco II to fill that role. Lately I've been sorting out the mechanical needs and have been sourcing out our wants list. Last weekend we purchasesd an ARB 2000 for the left side and an ARB 1250 for the rear. I also bought the supplies to DIY a road shower for the right side. I just started the fabrication process for our roof rack to mount out RTT and added storage. We have plans for a storage system in the rear cargo area as well, but that is further down the to do list. We're excited to be taking our camping and exploring to the next level and look forward to nights by the campfire with other members of the community.

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hey all, my name is Doug, California native in Silicon Valley. I'm just getting started with the "Overland" thing after watching a bunch of YouTube videos.

Rig: 2008 Toyota Tacoma single cab 4x4, was my daily driver for the last 8 years.

Experience: Camping, Dirt bike/ dual sport riding/racing, Pre runner in the 90's, rock crawler early 2000's
View attachment 72218
Welcome fellow NORCAL Overlander

Reactions: Daglio

TheGreyhound

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Seattle, WA, USA
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
B
Member #

Here goes! Long time lurker, new poster. Texan living in Seattle, Washington. Really enjoying the new terrain out here!

2004 Nissan Xterra 4x4 Manual Trans
210k miles
Daily driver

I'd consider myself and my wonderful long term girlfriend and our dog as car camper+ or overland-lite. We don't like established campgrounds. We do love dirt forest roads. We are not afraid of snakes and javelinas but this whole bears and mountain lions thing makes us cautious!

Would love to meet more folks in Washington or the PNW who are more on the overland/camp side than the wheeling/crawling side. I daily my rig so it's gotta stay in one piece! No RTT... Dog can't climb a ladder! received_943018805884097.jpeg

Hello!20180926_132351.jpg 20180926_135027.jpg

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Arlington, WA, USA
First Name
Brie
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
Welcome, fellow Pacific Northwest Overlander! That is a very nice, and capable, XTerra. You just missed out on a great opportunity to meet with some of the Northwest Washington overlanders, as we had a meeting and (light) trail run this morning. But the great news is that we meet on a monthly basis, so there will be many more opportunities.

Take a look at the Northwest Region forums (link) to get to know other PNW overlanders and to watch for new events. Each event is also posted as a Rally Point (link) and on the Calendar (link).

TheGreyhound

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Seattle, WA, USA
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
B
Member #

Welcome, fellow Pacific Northwest Overlander! That is a very nice, and capable, XTerra. You just missed out on a great opportunity to meet with some of the Northwest Washington overlanders, as we had a meeting and (light) trail run this morning. But the great news is that we meet on a monthly basis, so there will be many more opportunities.

Take a look at the Northwest Region forums (link) to get to know other PNW overlanders and to watch for new events. Each event is also posted as a Rally Point (link) and on the Calendar (link).
Yah! We we're actually going to camp this weekend near Cle Elum but the dogsitter fell through (the doggo is very fair weather!)... Absolutely will try to keep an eye on these events! Thanks!

Reactions: Drifterman and Jedi

Traveler I

Loveland, CO, USA
Member #

Hello all, I joined OB last year and somehow missed this entire forum! Excited to be here. I am a father of 6 so the 8 of us are alot of work to go camping, but we love it. Having a large family slightly limits vehicle choices...however we have rocked our 2002 Toyota Sequoia for a bout 225,000 miles so far. Picture coming soon! We live in northern Colorado. We have a hard time leaving CO for trips because we have so many awesome places to go here. Thanks for all this Micheal and the OB team!

KDC

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Lawton, OK
Member #

View attachment 72218
Great rig. Hard to find these days in decent shape. Welcome to OB.

Reactions: Daglio

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi y'all I'm Salem. I'm looking for people to meet and ride with I'm not a beginner and not an expert at overlanding lol somewhere in the middle. I'm a very experienced off-road and trail rider who loves a long drive off the hardpack. I enjoy the challenge of surviving out of a vehicle for extended periods and I'm addicted to exploration and challenging my rig.

Vehicle: 1978 f150 4x4 swbbuilt big block 400 bored to 412 292 extreme energy cam shaved ported and polished 351c mustang heads 4 spd granny low on 35 inch federal couragia mts

Experience: decent
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and meet-up page for events and trips that might be happening close to you.
If you have any questions message your regional ambassador or you can contact me on the forum
@Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
View attachment 72128
Hi all,
I’m mike from Western Massachusetts and I’m new to the forum as well as to the idea of overlanding. I did however grow up taking family road trips and love a good adventure. I have a 2014 Jeep Patriot that’s bone stock at the moment. I know it will never become a hardcore trail rig but I should meet my needs for now.

Check the forum calendar and meet-up page for events and trips that might be happening close to you.
If you have any questions message your regional ambassador or you can contact me on the forum

@Kent R

Reactions: Drifterman

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello to you all - Jeff & Heather here. We're happy to be apart of the community. Heather lives in Laguna and I live in La Verne, Ca. We drive a 2014 Ford F-350 and are new to the overloading scene. Heather was diagnosed with cancer and underwent months and months of treatment which meant tons of couch time for both of us. Once done we decided we wanted to get out and be away from couches and crowds. We wanted to explore and see new and interesting things. You never know how long you have on this planet so, we wanted to see more of it. We've taken 7 trips this year and look forward to many-many more.

There is a meet-up in your area that meets monthly, check them out on the forum if your interested.https:/www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/reoccurring-inland-empire-meet-up-06-16-2018.10015/

If you have any questions message me on the forum @Kent R

Reactions: Jeff & Heather

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all, I joined OB last year and somehow missed this entire forum! Excited to be here. I am a father of 6 so the 8 of us are alot of work to go camping, but we love it. Having a large family slightly limits vehicle choices...however we have rocked our 2002 Toyota Sequoia for a bout 225,000 miles so far. Picture coming soon! We live in northern Colorado. We have a hard time leaving CO for trips because we have so many awesome places to go here. Thanks for all this Micheal and the OB team!

@Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
What’s up!
My name is Darren Delin and I’m from Southern California. I’ve got lots of camping and travel experience but newer to overlanding so thought I would jump in!
I love back country and I passionately dislike campgrounds.
I’m married with one 2 year old boy and a girl on the way.
I’m a Youth Pastor at our local church and have been there for 12 years.

I drive a 2001 F350 7.3
Custom built John Wood transmission
35” KO2’s
Bilstien 5100’s all around
Switched from a hard top shell to a soft top and I’m stoked about it 99% of the time.
Truck has 190,000 and am planning on getting it well over 500,000. It’s build for reliability first and then fun second since it’s my DD. I have big plans but I also have a family and want to move into a house so slow is my progress.

Stoked to be a part of this community to learn from you all and pitch in when I can!

Here are some pictures from this last week in Utah.

View attachment 72152View attachment 72153View attachment 72154
Welcome to Overland B0und!

There is a meet-up in Orange County that you might be interested in. Check out the meet-up page on the forum or on the OLB West FB page for details.

https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/reoccurring-orange-county-overland-bound-monthly-meet-up-06-02-2018.13515/

If you have any questions message me on the forum @Kent R