Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone,

I'm not new to offroading or vehicle exploration. Camping is something new to me and my family. We just went down to Padre island national seashore over the summer and camped on the beach for 2 days. We all loved it and want to continue to explore.

My current daily driver is now a 2010 GMC Yukon. I recently aquired it and have only really done some maintenance. The only real modifications are that I leveled it with bilstein 5100 shocks and threw on some Yokohama geolandar AT tires that I had from my previous daily driver.

1997 F150
Bilstein 5100
KO2s 285/70r17
Helo wheels
Gave it to my father

2017 Tahoe z71 (wife's)
Stock
Took us down to Padre Island

Look forward to learning and contributing to this community. View attachment 69941View attachment 69942View attachment 69943
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and meet-up page for events and trips that might be happening close to you.
There is a meet-up happening in South Texas next month you can find it on the meet-up page.
If you have any questions message me on the forum @Kent R

Reactions: lifeaccordingtoivan

brent marcum

Rank 0

Traveler I

work truck side.jpg work truck front.jpg Work truck rear.jpg 30CF60FC-058E-4FDC-8C13-8D47D3FABB2C.jpeg work truck side.jpg work truck front.jpg Work truck rear.jpg New Member here from West Tennessee! Jackson, Tn. My wife and I are recent empty nesters and look forward to our new adventures in Overlanding. This is what we currently travel in. I am a vehicle upfitter. We just recently purchased a 2018 Toyota 4Runner TRD Offroad premium and soon plan to start upfitting it soon.

Last edited:

Txcoast

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Alexandria, VA, USA
Member #

Howdy, I'm Ben, I'm new to Overland Bound, and I'm excited to be part of this community! My wife and doggos and I recently moved from Houston to NOVA for work, and we're looking forward to exploring our new area.

Rig: 2001 Lexus LX-470
and....2013 Prius

Overlanding Experience Background: I'm new to overlanding in specific, but I'm pretty experienced in the outdoors in general. I've got quite a bit of camping, hiking, and offroading experience.

IMG_5971.JPG IMG_4541.JPG

Reactions: Aussie571

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

Howdy, I'm Ben, I'm new to Overland Bound, and I'm excited to be part of this community! My wife and doggos and I recently moved from Houston to NOVA for work, and we're looking forward to exploring our new area.

Rig: 2001 Lexus LX-470
and....2013 Prius

Overlanding Experience Background: I'm new to overlanding in specific, but I'm pretty experienced in the outdoors in general. I've got quite a bit of camping, hiking, and offroading experience.

View attachment 70033 View attachment 70035
Welcome Ben from a fellow NOVA resident!

I’m relatively new here myself, but we’ve had a meetup recently and a few of us are caravaning to the Blue Ridge Overand swap meet next weekend.

Be sure to check out our Northern VA / MD thread.

Txcoast

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Alexandria, VA, USA
Member #

Welcome Ben from a fellow NOVA resident!

I’m relatively new here myself, but we’ve had a meetup recently and a few of us are caravaning to the Blue Ridge Overand swap meet next weekend.

Be sure to check out our Northern VA / MD thread.
Thanks for the welcome! I'm heading over to the local thread now.

Felch

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

MN, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Felechner
Member #

Hey everyone! My nickname is Felch and I am new to the Overlanding community!
1.) IMG_0948.JPG
2.) I am from the twin cities area in Minnesota
3.) My current rig is a 2016 GMC Sierra All Terrain X shown in the picture above. I am currently in the process of adding upgrades to cater towards off road & camping needs
4.) I would say I am a very experienced “base camp” camper but am completely new to Overlanding. I am eager to get out and try this style of camping as I see it to best fit my wants/needs. I am hoping to find trails and or places to go Overlanding in the Midwest threw Overlandbound!

Last edited:

pedroyap

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Bay Area, CA
Member #

New member here and just about to start to explore :)
1) Picture to follow.
2) Bay Area CA
3) Rig 2010 Toyota Tundra CrewMax
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice - just about to start exploring soon)

This is the reason I joined - to learn as much as possible since I am planning to start exploring locally. Thank you all!!!
IMG_9117.JPG

Reactions: Magic Mike

Hoptodd

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Petaluma, CA
Member #

View attachment 69356 Hey Guys,

Name is Josh from Central California. We’re currently driving a 2016 Rubicon Hardrock and have a fair bit of off-roading experiance.

We have been dry camping out of the rig for 1-3 night trips quite a few times over the last 1.5 years or so. Recently however, we have begun to set ourselves up for longer trips and came across you folks when researching how to connect solar charging to our dual battery set-up for power to our Dometic and etc.

Looking forward to the OB world... Take Care!
Cool photo and set up [emoji482][emoji41]

Reactions: Magic Mike

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone,

I'm not new to offroading or vehicle exploration. Camping is something new to me and my family. We just went down to Padre island national seashore over the summer and camped on the beach for 2 days. We all loved it and want to continue to explore.

My current daily driver is now a 2010 GMC Yukon. I recently aquired it and have only really done some maintenance. The only real modifications are that I leveled it with bilstein 5100 shocks and threw on some Yokohama geolandar AT tires that I had from my previous daily driver.

1997 F150
Bilstein 5100
KO2s 285/70r17
Helo wheels
Gave it to my father

2017 Tahoe z71 (wife's)
Stock
Took us down to Padre Island

Look forward to learning and contributing to this community. View attachment 69941View attachment 69942View attachment 69943

Check the forum calendar and meet-up page for events and trips that might be happening close to you.
There is a meet-up happening in South Texas next month you can find it on the meet-up page.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Good Morning Overlanders

We are a group of friends with passion for the outdoors and team-traveling. We are the 4x4 Explorers from the San Francisco Bay Area. I joined Overland Bound just because we have the same interests and it’s really exiting for us to share experiences with such a large community of outdoors connoisseurs.
View attachment 69995View attachment 69996View attachment 69997View attachment 69998View attachment 69999View attachment 70000View attachment 70001View attachment 70002
View attachment 70003

There are several meet-ups in your area, so if your interested check out the meet-up page of the forum.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Very experienced .love camping, exploring, fly fishing and more. Honolulu is home but just came back from a four month expedition to the high SierraView attachment 70032

There is going to be a meet-up in your area on October 13th, so if your interested check out the meet-up page of the forum. You should also get an invite from the Rally Point the organizer will put out.

Darthwj913

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Winston-Salem, NC, USA
First Name
Jon
Last Name
Clark
Member #

Hi,

So a little about my self n such....
Im from NC and have been offroading all my life but really overlanding the past 3 or so years. So I guess I am still new in a way but have lots of "off camber experience" lol. Im really in to Bushcraft and Wheeling and Overlanding really combines the 2 for me so its really kinda become a passion for me and my family.

I am a Avid Jeeper and have had 4 (2XJs,ZJ, and the current WJ) I do have love for all Rigs no hater here just know jeeps in and out. My current Rig is a 01 Grand Cherokee with a trusty 4.0(sloooow) ARB Winch Bull and just got a new ENGO SR9 put in. Rears got a Custom 4x4 fab rear bumper and Im slowly building a spare tire carrier for it to match to my specs/needs. Lifted 6inchs on a Rock Krawler lift (LAs,4link, Rear Truss), Currently also working on D44 rear axle and locker setup and 4.56 gears to help with the weight and hi way driving. Sitting on 33s Ive only owned this rig for 1 1/2 years so its come a long way and racked up 20k and will keep on getting better for our needs. Heck! were heading out next weekend for a 350 mile round trip adventure with 60miles off road.

Looking forward to meeting new people and seeing more of Gods country. Cheers!!

I JUST SNAPPED

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Indiana, USA
Member #

Hello!
1987 Suzuki Samurai
Own a photography business and travel the US almost full time. Based out of Northern IN. Together my wife and I do some INSANE exploring and have been coast to coast in the last 4 years. Back country traveled northern Maine and the Maine coast, all through Arizona, Oregon, California, Utah and Colorado. Incredible summer in CO is coming to an end...headed to IN the beginning of next week then on to FL to explore for a few months!
38037007_2160688657548099_1059069099025367040_n.jpg
34624260_10216662889264715_7077198147721625600_n.jpg
35886934_2116199435330355_7216684902945652736_o.jpg
33944908_2101474730136159_2919389833455468544_o.jpg

Last edited:

sabjku

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Alexandria, VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Beh
Member #

Hello!
1987 Suzuki Samurai
Own a photography business and travel the US almost full time. Based out of Northern IN. Together my wife and I do some INSANE exploring and have been coast to coast in the last 4 years. Back country traveled northern Maine and the Maine coast, all through Arizona, Oregon, California, Utah and Colorado. Incredible summer in CO is coming to an end...headed to IN the beginning of next week then on to FL to explore for a few months!
View attachment 70178
View attachment 70179
View attachment 70180
View attachment 70181
Welcome to OB! Those are incredible pics, and really cool Samurai! Sounds like you and your wife are living your dream! Good for you two!

Reactions: Nomadik Nova