Launch Member

Contributor II

Charleston, SC
First Name
Jon
Last Name
T
Member #

Hey everyone, I'm Jon from Charleston, SC.

I have a little bit of experience overlanding but stopped in 2010 due to getting married, having kids, etc. Now that the kids are older, I want to introduce them to the adventure so we're currently researching what kind of rig we want and will be purchasing one next year.

In the meantime, we're making due with a GMC Acadia which was unfortunately called a "minivan" by the Chick-fil-a cashier last week.

We're looking forward to trips and adventures out west and in the Appalachians.

KDC

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Lawton, OK
Member #

Hey everyone, I'm Jon from Charleston, SC.

I have a little bit of experience overlanding but stopped in 2010 due to getting married, having kids, etc. Now that the kids are older, I want to introduce them to the adventure so we're currently researching what kind of rig we want and will be purchasing one next year.

In the meantime, we're making due with a GMC Acadia which was unfortunately called a "minivan" by the Chick-fil-a cashier last week.

We're looking forward to trips and adventures out west and in the Appalachians.
Hey. Welcome and don’t feel bad I call my Acadia the magic school bus. The wife doesn’t like it much but I think it’s funny

Reactions: SandlapperOverland

wocco

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Mikey6417

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Ajax
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Tran
Member #

Hey everyone, a big hello to you all!! New to the overland scene so I've got lots to learn from everyone and from the forum!

LOLA.jpg
Rig: Her name is Lola, she's a 2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited.
Overlanding Experience Background: NADA!! I'm a complete newb so will be needing a lot of advice from all the seasoned overlanders here!

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

Hey everyone, a big hello to you all!! New to the overland scene so I've got lots to learn from everyone and from the forum!

View attachment 69294
Rig: Her name is Lola, she's a 2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited.
Overlanding Experience Background: NADA!! I'm a complete newb so will be needing a lot of advice from all the seasoned overlanders here!
Welcome!

Sweet looking rig!

Reactions: Mikey6417

ColdFajitas

Rank II
Launch Member

Member I

North Carolina
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Niccoli
Member #

Hey everyone,

Currently in Central/Eastern North Carolina
2018 Tacoma TRD PRO and previously a 2016 JK Rubicon; wife drives a 2017 Cherokee Trailhawk
Fairly Novice to Overlanding but the kids and wife have gotten more and more into it and are at the age where they actually enjoy the outdoors a bit.

Good to be here; hope to meet up with some folk soon. We plan on heading out towards the Outer Banks and Cape Lookout sometime soon.

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

Hey everyone,

Currently in Central/Eastern North Carolina
2018 Tacoma TRD PRO and previously a 2016 JK Rubicon; wife drives a 2017 Cherokee Trailhawk
Fairly Novice to Overlanding but the kids and wife have gotten more and more into it and are at the age where they actually enjoy the outdoors a bit.

Good to be here; hope to meet up with some folk soon. We plan on heading out towards the Outer Banks and Cape Lookout sometime soon.
Welcome!

Love the moniker! Who doesn’t like some cold fajitas? [emoji16]. Is there a story behind it? (If so, be sure to post on the screen name thread)

Tundra_Dav

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

McAlester, Oklahoma, USA
Member #

Hi everyone

My name is David. I am established in south eastern Oklahoma. I have a 2002 Toyota tundra SR 5. I’ve had this truck for about a year now and I’m finally getting around to building my first Overland rig. About to order Coil overs for the front HD leaf springs, bilstein shockes for the rear. A full replacement steel bumper from NWTI. And then a brand new set of black steel wheels and set of BF Goodwrench KO2

MtnManAlex

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

I suppose I haven't done the introduction yet.

Current Vehicle: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Mountain Edition (2 door)
Previous Vehicle: 2003 Ford F150 Lariat
Overland Experience: Intermediate/Advanced--I haven't driven internationally yet, but if I had to move into my rig tomorrow I'm confident in my skills and equipment to be comfortable and happy for a long, long time.
Why Overlanding?: Driving 140mph through the desert in a half million dollar truck and navigating monstrous boulders with no regard for my rig look like fun activities, but I'm not much of an adrenaline junky or thrill-seeker. I have a background in hiking and backpacking, and that evolved into a love for traveling and exploring with my vehicle. Before I ever heard the term "overlanding", my preferred way to see a new place was to drive there, set up camp, and to experience the area however I can (hiking, kayaking, off-roading, etc.). It turns out my style of travel fits into the overlanding category pretty well.
32294771_735726019964257_3312787938458206208_n.jpg

Last edited:

huudlum_jk

Rank I

Enthusiast I

898E6D5A-AE2D-4754-B205-0CC506A3A824.jpeg Hey Guys,

Name is Josh from Central California. We’re currently driving a 2016 Rubicon Hardrock and have a fair bit of off-roading experiance.

We have been dry camping out of the rig for 1-3 night trips quite a few times over the last 1.5 years or so. Recently however, we have begun to set ourselves up for longer trips and came across you folks when researching how to connect solar charging to our dual battery set-up for power to our Dometic and etc.

Looking forward to the OB world... Take Care!

satxguy

Rank 0

Traveler I

San Antonio
First Name
Marcos
Last Name
Hernandez
I'm a new member.
San Antonio Texas area and drive a 2017 Jeep Renegade(dual batery, power inverter, small lift, roof rack, & more to come) that I am building up. I have build up different rigs and have general trail experience, however, until recently have not started taking overland type trips.
Hi Nathan! I am from San Antonio, not too far from you. I am fairly new to overlanding trips myself. I am interested in exploring in the state first, I have a few routes that I have found. Our opportunities aren't extensive but we have a few. I did a route mostly caliche country roads with some pavement in between. Several water crossings, but they have been dry to really low. There should be flowing now with all of our recent rains. Long road hill in background then close up from a different angle. There is an Overland Expo 10th of November up near Llano that I am attending should be pretty cool also if your interested.

Attachments

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
View attachment 69356 Hey Guys,

Name is Josh from Central California. We’re currently driving a 2016 Rubicon Hardrock and have a fair bit of off-roading experiance.

We have been dry camping out of the rig for 1-3 night trips quite a few times over the last 1.5 years or so. Recently however, we have begun to set ourselves up for longer trips and came across you folks when researching how to connect solar charging to our dual battery set-up for power to our Dometic and etc.

Looking forward to the OB world... Take Care!
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Not knowing your general location you might want to check the forum calendar and meet-up page for events and trips that might be happening close to you.
If you have any questions message me on the forum @Kent R

Reactions: huudlum_jk

alphonse coune

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

North Olmsted, Ohio
Member #

Glad to join the community! Im looking forward to meeting all of you overlanders and getting in on some adventures! We've been using my Xterra for camping and traveling (and a little offroading) for years and I had no idea there was such a huge community doing just that and so much more. My rig is an 07 X, very lightly modded. I dont have too many pics of her in her current state but I will upload more soon.
I build on a budget so a lot of my mods and additions are homemade. So far we have:
-2 inch rancho coilovers (theyre cheap but theyre okay for mr for now)
-2 inch lift in the rear (AAL)
-1.5 inch spidertrax wheel spacers (I may be removing these... still undecided)
-rear sway delete
-265/75/16 Falken wildpeak ATs
-cheapo LED off road lights (quick disconnect)
-added factory fog lights
-CB radio, GMRS/FRS
-K&N intake (Came with it when I bought the car!)
-homemade awning
-homemade slide out cabinets under sleeping platform (we sleep inside)
-homemade mesh/magnetic window screens and tailgate screen
-homemade lobo rack
-homemade ringed cargo net (roof and interior)
-wire brush/wheeled the underside and undercoated (northeast ohio rust!)

The next project will definitely be welding up some sliders and armor for the underside. Then welding a drop in roof rack.... and THEN the next million things! lol
P.S. Im new to forum posting so feel free to correct any screw ups if I make any :)

xterra.jpg

Last edited:

Kyle Bradley

Rank 0

Traveler I

Amherst, OH
First Name
Kyle
Last Name
Bradley
Member #

8A9D06A3-F22B-4E03-A5BE-81DFCA2F4D91.jpeg Hello everyone! New member here, and should have an OLB number soon thanks to a great friend who also became a member. I’m an overlanding novice, but definitely looking to learn everything I can from the experienced members here. I’ve got a 2018 jeep Cherokee Trailhawk, nicknamed the Trail Duck, and I’m from Amherst, Ohio. Looking forward to hopefully joining in on some group adventures in the future!!

CDC1500

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hello Team! I am brand new to the overloading world! I am pretty confident in the camping/outdoor stuff with over 10 years in the military.

I am really here for the expertise and community knowledge on how to best set up my truck for success on the trail. I don't have a lot of experience working on cars/trucks so I am glad to have somewhere to come to ask questions.

I live in Hamburg, Pennsylvania and run a 2018 Chevy 1500 Z71. So far my only modification is a DiamondBack HD bed cover which is currently "out for delivery" as we speak, can't wait to get it on the truck!

If anyone has an advice on lifting my truck and tire suggestions please point me to the right thread, I am looking to increase ground clearance next!

Thanks and happy trails!

Last edited: