Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

Alan k

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hello!

My name is David and I live in Floyds Knobs, IN.

We have a stock 2014 Jeep Sahara. We have not done any off roading but would like to get into it a little bit.
We are not looking to do anything to the jeep right now other then keep it stock. I know that will restrict what we are able to do, but we are ok with that.

Looking forward to some help with the members when we travel.

Thank you,
David
Completely unrelated but my best friend has the same name. I seriously thought he stalked me until I saw IN. Have a great time exploring

Alan k

Rank 0

Traveler I

Welcome, Drivetrain and safety were my 1st things made sure engine, trans and brakes were in order then added a very reliable jack, spare tire carrier and wheel and tire to match what was on the Yukon when I got it ( hence the reason I haven’t done a larger lift) use up these tires 1st then a few other mods like rack, Awning both have already been out to use on our 1st trip out. Next plan is communication and more lights LOL, we are all here to help out even if you just need to vent [emoji1303][emoji1303] can’t wait to see you out and about having a blast
I've had my tech license for ham radio for a couple years now and have a decent rig that I can hook up, I'm actually having a bit of a transmission (I believe) issue. I've had the rig a couple months now and probably need to go through and change all the fluids. The hardest part is not many companies make aftermarket products for the explorer.

wocco

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Stopping in here to day hi!

I live in Los Angeles and just had my second kid. I'm from Oklahoma so I want to do my best to get my family out there and connecting with the wilderness. Just go a Tacoma and am building out my first rig. I have already learned a lot from this community as an outsider and I'm excited to become a part of it.

Let me know if you guys have any favorite beginner trails near Los Angeles.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Stopping in here to day hi!

I live in Los Angeles and just had my second kid. I'm from Oklahoma so I want to do my best to get my family out there and connecting with the wilderness. Just go a Tacoma and am building out my first rig. I have already learned a lot from this community as an outsider and I'm excited to become a part of it.

Let me know if you guys have any favorite beginner trails near Los Angeles.
Welcome to Overland Bound!

There are several meet-ups in your area, so if your interested check out the meet-up page of the forum.
If you have any questions message me on the forum @Kent R

Flyte74

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hello!
I am Heiko from Stuttgart Germany ans I do travel together with My fiancéé through Europ as much as we can.
Our Rig is a 1996 Jeep Cherokee an a 1967 Mercedes Unimog 404 wich is curently in restoration.
Heiko! Wie gehts! Ich auch neu hier. Ich habe drei jahre in Stuttgart gelebt und bin im Juni in die USA zurückgekehrt! Ich lebte in der nahe von Feuersee in innenstadt.

While I did spend a lot of time in the woods hunting (ich habst mein jagdschein), I did not take the opportunity to take extended camping trips. Just wanted to say hi and hope you do a build thread for your unimog!!

Tchuss!!

Reactions: HappyOurOverlanding

Ruben Ferran

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Boca Raton, FL, USA
First Name
RUBEN
Last Name
FERRAN
Member #

New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.
I guess I’ll start of by saying I’m new to the community but I’m in love with the out doors and photography and I love to learn and try new things. I have a 2018 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro Off-road I’m in the south east region of Florida

Attachments

Griffin

Rank I

Contributor III

FF26AFDA-7368-463E-AD81-9B0C4FF6775D.jpeg Hi, all. Finally getting around to introducing myself.

I’m based in Jackson, Wyoming, drive a 2018 200 series Land Cruiser, and I’d say I’m intermediate in terms of experience, really trying to learn more about automotive engineering, repair, etc. I’m an emergency physician by training (and a little too busy to get to practice much any more) with a love of wilderness medicine, Latin America (en español), and healthy/tasty camp food.

Thanks, all!

Alberto Diaz

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Mount Dora, Florida
First Name
Alberto
Last Name
Diaz
Member #

View attachment 68605 Hi, all. Finally getting around to introducing myself.

I’m based in Jackson, Wyoming, drive a 2018 200 series Land Cruiser, and I’d say I’m intermediate in terms of experience, really trying to learn more about automotive engineering, repair, etc. I’m an emergency physician by training (and a little too busy to get to practice much any more) with a love of wilderness medicine, Latin America (en español), and healthy/tasty camp food.

Thanks, all!
Nice rig. Welcome aboard!

KDC

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Lawton, OK
Member #

View attachment 68605 Hi, all. Finally getting around to introducing myself.

Thanks, all!
Welcome, cool ride

KapG

Rank I

Traveler I

Florida
Member #

Hey everyone. My name is Cheyenne. I am a freshly minted Overlander; got my emblem and certificate today. Woot! Woot!... I’m currently residing in Panama City Beach, Florida. I own a 1996 Toyota 4Runner SR5 that I’m slowly but surely modifying into a proper overland vehicle. I’m really happy to be here and part of something so (in my opinion) important, especially today. I share a deep affection and appreciation for the outdoors like many of you, which is why I was really drawn in by the message and purpose of Overland Bound. I’m looking forward to hopefully meeting some of you out there in the field, sharing those experiences and learning as much as possible as I’m most certainly a novice. Again, really happy and excited to be part of this, and thank you for being here!

Cheers!

Attachments

ILLFOZZ

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

San Diego
Member #

Hello!
I am Heiko from Stuttgart Germany ans I do travel together with My fiancéé through Europ as much as we can.
Our Rig is a 1996 Jeep Cherokee an a 1967 Mercedes Unimog 404 wich is curently in restoration.
Welcome to OB! I would love to see pics of the Unimog when she's all done. Do you have any before pictures?

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
I guess I’ll start of by saying I’m new to the community but I’m in love with the out doors and photography and I love to learn and try new things. I have a 2018 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro Off-road I’m in the south east region of Florida
Welcome. Nice rig. You'll enjoy several threads on photography in the forums. There is also a 4Runner owners registry thread also. [emoji41]

Reactions: Nomadik Nova
Hello everyone.
I've been lurking for a while here and there. I used to be a Jeeper but due to family issues I gave that up. I now drive an older model F250 and I'm looking to put a Sleep system in the back. I have a few things to do to it so I can go out on multiple day adventures.
As I transition from the service I am looking to overland more. I will no longer rough it. So I'm going to set my stuff up right LOL. I will be posting more in a few weeks with photos. So I can get things done. I hope to talk with a few of you. Have a great day.
Joey.

Brad Sawyer

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Johnson City, TX
Member #

Howdy Everybody!! I am Brad and me and my family love being outside!!

Location : Johnson City, TX (smack in the middle of the Texas Hill Country)

Rig : A work in progress - 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (LJ)

Experience : At Overlanding I am a novice, but have spent my whole life in the outdoors.

Here is the rig -

20180512_083546.jpg

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

Hey everyone. My name is Cheyenne. I am a freshly minted Overlander; got my emblem and certificate today. Woot! Woot!... I’m currently residing in Panama City Beach, Florida. I own a 1996 Toyota 4Runner SR5 that I’m slowly but surely modifying into a proper overland vehicle. I’m really happy to be here and part of something so (in my opinion) important, especially today. I share a deep affection and appreciation for the outdoors like many of you, which is why I was really drawn in by the message and purpose of Overland Bound. I’m looking forward to hopefully meeting some of you out there in the field, sharing those experiences and learning as much as possible as I’m most certainly a novice. Again, really happy and excited to be part of this, and thank you for being here!

Cheers!
Welcome Cheyenne!

Be sure to check in on our 4Runner Registry: https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/4runner-owners-registry.1356/page-16#post-254850

Reactions: KapG

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Howdy Everybody!! I am Brad and me and my family love being outside!!

Location : Johnson City, TX (smack in the middle of the Texas Hill Country)

Rig : A work in progress - 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (LJ)

Experience : At Overlanding I am a novice, but have spent my whole life in the outdoors.

Here is the rig -

View attachment 68619
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and meet-up page for events and trips that might be happening close to you.
I know nothing is close in TX but there is an occasional meet-up in San Antonio.
If you have any questions message me on the forum @Kent R

Reactions: Brad Sawyer