Rank IV

Enthusiast II

Fredericksburg, VA
First Name
Nate
Last Name
M
Member #

BAD5A2CF-C5BF-43F2-B59D-C8E3C9584248.jpeg Hello everyone! I have a 2016 JKU Rubicon and have not done any mods yet. I’m very interested in meeting people in my area and getting started with overlanding! I’m going to try to attend Overland East in November to further my education and get ideas for making my Jeep more capable. I’m brand new and eager to learn!

DoanGivadam

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Monmouth, OR, USA
First Name
Joseph
Last Name
Brooks
Member #

Hello all! Was referred to Overland Bound by a coworker and it looks like a great community here! I'm around Lakewood, WA but venture to Oregon about once a month. I'm new to overlanding proper, but have lots of camping experience and in the process have taken my truck down a rough road or two. I have a '13 F150 5.0 4x4. For mods I just have RCI skid plates for "just in case" and a Leer canopy which works great for storing equipment and sleeping in. Looking forward to more adventures!

Attachments

Traveler I

Hello,
My name is Rich Adams.
I just joined today. I have been involved in offroading/racing my whole life and just recently was introduced to overlanding. Mainly youtube videos.
I grew up in SoCal and used to race motocross and Baja/desert. Also, spent years out at Glamis. I currently just moved from Alaska to Colorado and am really interested in the overland thing. Colorado seems to be a great area for it. looking for a new vehicle I can dedicate to overlanding. Maybe a Tacoma 4 door or 4runner, not sure yet.
Anyway, here are some pics of my current rigs.
Also, I have a full fabrication/welding shop. So, if any members are in my area and break or need assistance, feel free to give me a call.IMG_1299.JPG IMG_1300.JPG IMG_1301.JPG IMG_1302.JPG

PixWilson

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Mandeville, LA
Member #

Hi, I'm Lynette and I live in Mandeville, LA (just across the lake from New Orleans). I"m originally from West Texas and have done a fair amount of tent camping and hiking, but have not done much in the last few years. I'm married to Paul (my resident automotive technician--seriously, he's been working on cars since before puberty) and we have a 2012 FJ Cruiser named Bertha (oh, and a 7 year old named Brody). This is our second FJ and we have just started on mods with a LONG list of "man, I really want to do this next...". Bertha got a little taller this past weekend (Brody probably did, too, we assume...). Next mod will probably be bumpers, but a platform roof rack and rooftop tent are high on my list. We have done zero overlanding and right now I'm in the research phase, but am ready to get out on some nearby trails before my son grows game controllers for hands.

Josh Ford

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hello all. I love my Jeep and I love the outdoors. Overlanding has always intrigued me. I have spent several hours watching videos on YouTube about it, as I'm sure most of you have too. I live in middle Tennessee and drive a 2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport. Some mods I've added are a Rock Krawler 3.5 lift, front and rear bumpers, winch, wheels and 35 inch tires and many more. I have been trying to locate trails closer to me since most of the overlanding style stuff is gear toward being out west and not in the east. I figured by joining up on here it would help me accomplish that, and if nothing else, learn more about overlanding.

Attachments

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all! Was referred to Overland Bound by a coworker and it looks like a great community here! I'm around Lakewood, WA but venture to Oregon about once a month. I'm new to overlanding proper, but have lots of camping experience and in the process have taken my truck down a rough road or two. I have a '13 F150 5.0 4x4. For mods I just have RCI skid plates for "just in case" and a Leer canopy which works great for storing equipment and sleeping in. Looking forward to more adventures!
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and meet-up page for events and trips that might be happening close to you.

If you have any questions message me on the forum @Kent R

satxguy

Rank 0

Traveler I

San Antonio
First Name
Marcos
Last Name
Hernandez
Check the forum calendar and meet-up page for events and trips that might be happening close to you.
There has been a meet-up in San Antonia so hopefully it is still active if your interested.

Thanks Kent! I will look into the local group. I still need a few posts before I can access the calendar. There is an Overland/Expedition Expo this November in Llano, Tx that I will be attending. 2018 Fall Outdoor Expo Oct. 12th-14th if anyone's interested.

Reactions: Kent R and JPM78130

pairadocs_overland

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Ashland, OR, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Marinny
Member #

Service Branch
Army

RossLC100

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hello everyone, my name is Ross, recently moved to Orange County, CA from Seattle, WA. I bought a 1998 Toyota Land Cruiser about a year and a half ago and absolutely love this truck. Recently got married so majority of our time and money was going towards the wedding but before that we were camping and exploring the greater southern California area. We absolutely love Joshua Tree. Now that the wedding is over we are trying to find the next spot to camp and explore. Thanks for having me.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone, my name is Ross, recently moved to Orange County, CA from Seattle, WA. I bought a 1998 Toyota Land Cruiser about a year and a half ago and absolutely love this truck. Recently got married so majority of our time and money was going towards the wedding but before that we were camping and exploring the greater southern California area. We absolutely love Joshua Tree. Now that the wedding is over we are trying to find the next spot to camp and explore. Thanks for having me.
Welcome to Overland B0und!

There is a meet-up in Orange County that you might be interested in. Check out the meet-up page on the forum or on the OLB West FB page for details.

https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/reoccurring-orange-county-overland-bound-monthly-meet-up-06-02-2018.13515/

Reactions: RossLC100

ILLFOZZ

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

San Diego
Member #

Hi everyone,

My name is Carlos and I drive a 2016 Subaru Forester 2.5i Premium (IG: @ILLFOZZ) located in San Diego. I have only owned her for 2 weeks now but the upgrades are happening daily. She's already done the Otay Truck trail and I plan to do Yosemite in the next month or so. I'm coming from the racecar community and look forward to the overlanding experience!

satxguy

Rank 0

Traveler I

San Antonio
First Name
Marcos
Last Name
Hernandez
Hello all. I love my Jeep and I love the outdoors. Overlanding has always intrigued me. I have spent several hours watching videos on YouTube about it, as I'm sure most of you have too. I live in middle Tennessee and drive a 2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport. Some mods I've added are a Rock Krawler 3.5 lift, front and rear bumpers, winch, wheels and 35 inch tires and many more. I have been trying to locate trails closer to me since most of the overlanding style stuff is gear toward being out west and not in the east. I figured by joining up on here it would help me accomplish that, and if nothing else, learn more about overlanding.
Now that's a rock crawling Jeep you got there! Awesome flexing! That jeep is an over everything not just overlanding! LOL!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone,

My name is Carlos and I drive a 2016 Subaru Forester 2.5i Premium (IG: @ILLFOZZ) located in San Diego. I have only owned her for 2 weeks now but the upgrades are happening daily. She's already done the Otay Truck trail and I plan to do Yosemite in the next month or so. I'm coming from the racecar community and look forward to the overlanding experience!

There is a meet up in the San Diego area that you might want to check out.

https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/reoccurring-san-diego-overland-bound-monthly-meet-03-22-2018.13317/

This is San Diego Overland Bound Trail Run page.

https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/san-diego-overland-bound-trail-runs.17178/

Reactions: ILLFOZZ

BWSracing

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Reston VA
Hey all, clearly new here. The wife, I and our two dogs are about 10 weeks out on our first big trip (6 weeks). Leaving from Virginia bound for Alaska then to Mexico and zig zag our way back home. Most we’ve done is 4-5 days, this is going to be eye opening but we are looking forward to it. We are will be doing this in my ram truck with a 4wheelcamper. Thanks for letting me join.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone , names jonathan or Jon, really excited to join this awesome community. Hoping to start getting involved with locals and hit the trials.
Rig: 2014 Tacoma off road
Honestly haven’t don’t anything to my truck yet but i will begin with that soon.
Sacramento is home base.
There are two meet-up’s in your area if you are interested, both are on the meet-up page of the forum and the calendar.

Sierra Foothills Overlanders monthly meeting.

https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/sierra-foothills-monthly-ob-meetup-11-21-2017.10663/

Sacramento weekly meet-up.

https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/sacramento-weekly-meet-up.3332/