Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

American Scout

Rank III

Traveler I

1) Northern Chicagoland area
2) 2018 Outback 3.6R
3) Experience Level: None, that's why I'm here... don't want to throw money at something I don't fully understand. The plan is for simple stuff, no rock climbing for this guy!
Same here, the vehicle I'm using can handle off road minus the rocks and climbing. I think it's Awsome to watch, but do lol. However I do want my rig to be able to handle just about all minus the extreme stuff. I'm excited about getting out and seeing the USA.

nogard

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Same here, the vehicle I'm using can handle off road minus the rocks and climbing. I think it's Awsome to watch, but do lol. However I do want my rig to be able to handle just about all minus the extreme stuff. I'm excited about getting out and seeing the USA.
I have, after reading a few build threads, a basic list... skid plates, a roof basket (which I have already thanks Subaru), and a completely different set of wheels... from what I have read, I can drop down to 17 and from what I saw have a way better selection of tires (like those nice BFGs).

You've now hit my level of knowledge... I have my first real trip planned for June 2019 (kids in school and life have made this the first chance).

Reactions: HappyOurOverlanding

American Scout

Rank III

Traveler I

I have, after reading a few build threads, a basic list... skid plates, a roof basket (which I have already thanks Subaru), and a completely different set of wheels... from what I have read, I can drop down to 17 and from what I saw have a way better selection of tires (like those nice BFGs).

You've now hit my level of knowledge... I have my first real trip planned for June 2019 (kids in school and life have made this the first chance).
Buddy I'm right there with you. June 2019, I will at least get a few weekends in, love the outback good rigs...invest in the Gaia GPS not expensive at all 19.00 for the year, and get your HAM radio license 10.00 for ten years...a good coms setup inside the vehicle....overlanding to me isn't just a roof top tent and a rock crawler it's adventure on the land we have minus the modern conveniences....having fun is key....

Reactions: nogard

nogard

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Buddy I'm right there with you. June 2019, I will at least get a few weekends in, love the outback good rigs...invest in the Gaia GPS not expensive at all 19.00 for the year, and get your HAM radio license 10.00 for ten years...a good coms setup inside the vehicle....overlanding to me isn't just a roof top tent and a rock crawler it's adventure on the land we have minus the modern conveniences....having fun is key....
never thought about coms until just now... just checking coverage maps for my cell provider... (already have a big solar battery that has served me well)...
thanks!

Reactions: American Scout

winchmonster

Rank 0

Traveler I

Boise, Idaho
Member #

A big thanks for allowing me an opportunity to join!

I live in awesome Boise, Idaho!

The pic is of "Bertha", my 2013 Power Wagon, 5.7l, 4.56 gears, front/rear lockers, swaybar dusconnect, Warn 12k winch...my baby. As I have only had her a year, I've only had her out and about a few times. Within the next week, it will be hunting season...and off to my favorite place, the Payette National forest....promise to post pics....as a novice to overlanding, but a big fan of exploring, I hope to contribute what I can to the community!

Attachments

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
A big thanks for allowing me an opportunity to join!

I live in awesome Boise, Idaho!

The pic is of "Bertha", my 2013 Power Wagon, 5.7l, 4.56 gears, front/rear lockers, swaybar dusconnect, Warn 12k winch...my baby. As I have only had her a year, I've only had her out and about a few times. Within the next week, it will be hunting season...and off to my favorite place, the Payette National forest....promise to post pics....as a novice to overlanding, but a big fan of exploring, I hope to contribute what I can to the community!
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and meet-up page for events and trips that might be happening close to you.

If you have any questions message me on the forum @Kent R

Reactions: winchmonster

Spooky08

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Navarre, Florida, United States
First Name
Kyle
Last Name
Hendrickson
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force
Hey everyone!

Just joined earlier today. I live in the Fort Walton Beach, Florida area. and attached is a photo on my '18 Tacoma TRD Pro. My wife also rocks a 4Runner and up until very recently I was driving a '07 FJ Cruiser.

Love the outdoors and most things associated with that. Hiking, climbing, camping, shooting, fishing, bombing through the woods in an off-road vehicle.... you name it. While we certainly can't complain about living by the beach, my wife and I love and miss the mountains. It's where we truly love to spend our time when we occasionally get the chance.

I wouldn't call myself experienced, but I've spent some time driving off-road up in the mountains in Colorado as well as regularly spend quite a bit of time off-road on the military ranges of Northwest Florida.

I look forward to getting to know the community and sharing experiences with and learning from you all. I'll be looking for opportunities to break in the new Taco!

Cheers!

Attachments

Jeff Greene

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler I

Biddeford, Maine
Member #

Hello everyone! I'm a brand new member referred by Andrew Jordan! I'm located in Biddeford, Maine. My rig is a 2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon RECON AEV with the JK350 package. I'm relatively new to Overlanding. I've been a member of Northeast Overland for a year and gone on two of their trips with a third 4 day trip coming up in October.

Andrew and I are stopping by the Pigs and Rigs meet and greet later today in Scarborough, Maine!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello Overlanders! thanks for letting me to be part of this great community.
I live here in Sacramento California. I drive a 2004 Toyota Tacoma and 2006 Land Cruiser. I cant wait to go out and explore!

Anthony

There are two meet-up’s in your area if you are interested, both are on the meet-up page of the forum and the calendar.

Sierra Foothills Overlanders monthly meeting.

https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/sierra-foothills-monthly-ob-meetup-11-21-2017.10663/

Sacramento weekly meet-up.

https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/sacramento-weekly-meet-up.3332/

PiperBruce

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Fair Oaks, California, USA
First Name
Bruce
Last Name
Locken
Member #

Hello,

Bruce the Bagpiper here. I'm in the Fair Oaks (near Sacramento) area of California. I bought my Xterra new about three years ago and have begun a very slow process of upgrades. I like to see what I need before I build or buy. This is how it stands now:

2015 Xterra Pro-4X
6 speed manual trans.
Factory rear locker
BFG AT/KO-2
Old Man Emu medium duty suspension
Homemade DepHep knockoff cargo basket
Tire carrier bumper on the bench in progress
Front bumper TBD, but likely ARB or Shrockworks in 5 or 6 months

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello,

Bruce the Bagpiper here. I'm in the Fair Oaks (near Sacramento) area of California. I bought my Xterra new about three years ago and have begun a very slow process of upgrades. I like to see what I need before I build or buy. This is how it stands now:

2015 Xterra Pro-4X
6 speed manual trans.
Factory rear locker
BFG AT/KO-2
Old Man Emu medium duty suspension
Homemade DepHep knockoff cargo basket
Tire carrier bumper on the bench in progress
Front bumper TBD, but likely ARB or Shrockworks in 5 or 6 months

There are two meet-up’s in your area if you are interested, both are on the meet-up page of the forum and the calendar.

Sierra Foothills Overlanders monthly meeting.

https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/sierra-foothills-monthly-ob-meetup-11-21-2017.10663/

Sacramento weekly meet-up.

https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/sacramento-weekly-meet-up.3332/

Traveler I

Earth
Hola Overlanders. OSD here, digging the site. I’ve always enjoyed the combination of adventuring in the outdoors and vehicles. I think it all stemmed from way back with the Fisher Price Adventure People. Remember the dudes with the sweet van equipped with kayak, motorcycle, and parachutes. I always thought of them as the original outdoor wheeling crew. Anyways, like several folks here, I had my fair share of vehicles, mostly air cooled VWs and old school off-road rigs but my longest, most dependable vehicle has been my current 1989 Isuzu Amigo. It’s been my daily driver for the past 16 years and has never let me down, knock on wood. So here it is, my friend the 1989 Amigo, 5 speed manual, 2.6 l, 4wheel discs, and all stock except the OME rear springs, and shocks, and manga flow exhaust. Yes, it’s a 4x2 with stock size 31s but of course upgraded to BFGs a few times. I look forward to the stories here and the comraderie of other likeminded adventurers.FA8B31F2-6A95-49D1-A8BF-275402F67707.jpeg

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
View attachment 67942
Hello Everyone!
I am new to overlanding but have been camping, fishing, and hunting all my life. I call San Antonio, TX my home though I am not originally from here but after 25 years of living hear it is home. My current vehicle is a 2017 Tacoma TRD OR DCSB 4x4.
Check the forum calendar and meet-up page for events and trips that might be happening close to you.
There has been a meet-up in San Antonia so hopefully it is still active if your interested.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hola Overlanders. OSD here, digging the site. I’ve always enjoyed the combination of adventuring in the outdoors and vehicles. I think it all stemmed from way back with the Fisher Price Adventure People. Remember the dudes with the sweet van equipped with kayak, motorcycle, and parachutes. I always thought of them as the original outdoor wheeling crew. Anyways, like several folks here, I had my fair share of vehicles, mostly air cooled VWs and old school off-road rigs but my longest, most dependable vehicle has been my current 1989 Isuzu Amigo. It’s been my daily driver for the past 16 years and has never let me down, knock on wood. So here it is, my friend the 1989 Amigo, 5 speed manual, 2.6 l, 4wheel discs, and all stock except the OME rear springs, and shocks, and manga flow exhaust. Yes, it’s a 4x2 with stock size 31s but of course upgraded to BFGs a few times. I look forward to the stories here and the comraderie of other likeminded adventurers.View attachment 67953