Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
What's up everyone!

I am Gabe currently living in Tucson AZ. (active duty Air Force) been offroading for about 15 years but the last two years I have found myself traveling to other states to ride trails and check out some of the history these lands have. I currently have a 2015 Jeep Wrangler Sport Unlimited! Look forward to talking with folks and maybe evening plan a trip!
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and meet-up page for events and trips that might be happening close to you.

If you have any questions message me on the forum @Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
*Greetings from Fremont/Manteca California.* Owner of 2016 Toyota 4runner Trail Premium. And trying to fix my 1994 Toyota Land Cruiser, to handle the trails. View attachment 67513View attachment 67514View attachment 67515View attachment 67516

Check the forum calendar and meet-up page for events and trips that might be happening close to you.

We just had a meet-up in Manteca and hopefully there will be another one scheduled in the near future.

Reactions: DISCVRR

Yngve

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Oslo
Member #

Top of the morning (ahem) from Oslo, No

1. Picture. Right. When I am allowed.

Its a '00 VW campervan with a tad more ground clearance and just a little bit more horse power than from factory.

2. Location. It depends, but I am (currently) based in Oslo, Norway and have so for some 23 years. Am 46 and have lived loads of places up and down this tiny country of ours.

3. Rig. Okay, if ballpoint 1 was not enough howsabout this - I also ride a 2013 Vespa LX50 Touring, a 49cc scooter with automatic transmission and electric starter. I own an 1972 Vespa 90 Racing aswell but it is for the time being (another ahem is suitable here) placed in my two room rental flat in the living room. No need for a christmas tree here, just ad lights and a coupla shiny globes & we're all good to go here.
I also pedal around on my two bicycles, be that to an odd job here or there or into the woods outside Oslo for a weekend in a tent (or without a tent). Or I do a load of walking, like Jack Reacher I see no point in wasting time and money on stuff I don't need so a trek is allways a good thing.

4. Overlanding experience. Hm. I have chased gravel & dirt roads since I was a puny back seat driver in the '70's and I see no reason not to do so as an adult. I like my vehicles soaded in dirt and to see them parked next to a shiny Porsche is allways fun - not to say the 911-series are not capable (they are once they're lifted). I chase dirt roads on my scooters too, and as soon as my daughter is 16 she too may have a scooter to come along for the fun.

I recogn I am a nocive to this, but if my rig break down I have what I need for as long as it takes before getting out of there. If I some day may start up on the drive to Magadan the only thing different would be a chain saw in the luggage compartment.

I joined up here to learn and if possible see others succeed in their ventures.

EDIT - I got dyslexia (and dyscalculia) but it clearly does not help having a laptop with a grumpy keyboard - if you find spelling errors, you may keep them. (oddly I stumble in other ppl's text when they misspell... -ask if you wonder about anything)

Last edited:

magikmarti

Rank I

Contributor III

Arizona
Greetings from Afghanistan! Only here temporarily, but looking around this crazy country, if it wasn't so crazy, there are definitely some great possibilities for great adventures out here. When I head back to the states, I'm going to be in the Tucson, AZ area, also some great adventure opportunities around there.

No rig yet, sold my Crosstrek before coming out here. Currently looking around for my next project. Started out looking at a 4th Gen 4runners, then Range Rovers, then Sequoias. Now back at 4runners, but leaning more towards third gen..ish. Maybe a nice Trooper. Decided I would rather save on a frame and spend the difference on goodies, and something I wont feel bad about drilling holes in. So if anyone knows of any deals, I'll be back in the states, cash in hand, early next year.

Experience...hmmmm... spent most my younger days romping around the desert and mountains in baja bugs and four wheelers, sand rails and all those fun little toys. Spent the next ten years romping around deserts and mountains, except this time it was in M1151s, M1068s and LMTVs. Those that say you cant get a HMMWV stuck never truly tried. Now I get to romp around the desert and mountains, doing my old job, just adding a lot more to my bank account.

Love checking out all these great rigs, builds and great discussions! So many ideas. The hardest part is going to be staying in my budget....

Mogwai

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Member #

Greetings from Afghanistan! Only here temporarily, but looking around this crazy country, if it wasn't so crazy, there are definitely some great possibilities for great adventures out here. When I head back to the states, I'm going to be in the Tucson, AZ area, also some great adventure opportunities around there.

No rig yet, sold my Crosstrek before coming out here. Currently looking around for my next project. Started out looking at a 4th Gen 4runners, then Range Rovers, then Sequoias. Now back at 4runners, but leaning more towards third gen..ish. Maybe a nice Trooper. Decided I would rather save on a frame and spend the difference on goodies, and something I wont feel bad about drilling holes in. So if anyone knows of any deals, I'll be back in the states, cash in hand, early next year.

Experience...hmmmm... spent most my younger days romping around the desert and mountains in baja bugs and four wheelers, sand rails and all those fun little toys. Spent the next ten years romping around deserts and mountains, except this time it was in M1151s, M1068s and LMTVs. Those that say you cant get a HMMWV stuck never truly tried. Now I get to romp around the desert and mountains, doing my old job, just adding a lot more to my bank account.

Love checking out all these great rigs, builds and great discussions! So many ideas. The hardest part is going to be staying in my budget....
Have you looked at the Lexus GX470, maybe a 2003?

magikmarti

Rank I

Contributor III

Arizona
Have you looked at the Lexus GX470, maybe a 2003?
So I looked into them, and I definitely like them, but I can get an older 3rd gen 4runner for about half the price and still be under 200k miles. If I found one for the right price, I would pounce on it.
The way I'm looking at it, after the initial maintenance monies I pay to the overlanding gods, thats still about 3k difference between a 3rd gen and a 2002 GX470.
I might be wrong, change my mind!

Mogwai

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Member #

So I looked into them, and I definitely like them, but I can get an older 3rd gen 4runner for about half the price and still be under 200k miles. If I found one for the right price, I would pounce on it.
The way I'm looking at it, after the initial maintenance monies I pay to the overlanding gods, thats still about 3k difference between a 3rd gen and a 2002 GX470.
I might be wrong, change my mind!
You may be right, haven't looked at the prices that closely. Good luck!

Brandon Hegg

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Santa Clarita, CA
Member #

Hey Everyone,

Just wanted to say hello. My name is Brandon. I have a 2017 Toyota 4Runner TRD. I live in Santa Clarita, CA. Looking forward to meeting other Overlanders in the area and going out on some trips. Prior to this vehicle, I had a 2007 Toyota Tacoma that was also set up for Overlanding. Look forward to talking to everyone.

Attachments

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey Everyone,

Just wanted to say hello. My name is Brandon. I have a 2017 Toyota 4Runner TRD. I live in Santa Clarita, CA. Looking forward to meeting other Overlanders in the area and going out on some trips. Prior to this vehicle, I had a 2007 Toyota Tacoma that was also set up for Overlanding. Look forward to talking to everyone.

There are several meet-ups in your area, so if your interested check out the meet-up page of the forum.

Reactions: Brandon Hegg

B.Argamaso

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Virginia
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Argamaso
Member #

7B9819DF-343C-4660-B3D4-7296E39562EA.jpeg Hello everyone. My name is Brian. I am new here to OB. I dont know why its taken me this long to join, but im here now. OB’s founding principles and motivation for help has sold me. Listening to the podcast pushed me to joining. Excited to share and learn with you all and look forward to the outting and Meet ups.

I am an owner of a 2002 4runner sport edition.
Ive had this 4runner since 50k miles, and am the second owner. Built from stock.

I am currently in the south western part of Virginia. Roanoke more accurately. Just moved here less than a year ago. Been in Norfolk,Va eve since.

I consider myself a novice, and am lookong to expand my experience and knowledge.

Thanks!

SmallTime

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Evansville, Indiana
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Krueger
Member #

Hello, new member here, my name is Jason. I currently have 3 Jeeps, a 2010 JK Mountain Edition which is my daily driver and will be my starter overlander, a 1993 YJ thats undergoing a full rebuild/restomod outpost 2 inspired build with a diesel swap, and a 1992 XJ comanche conversion that has an LS1 going into it for more rock crawling

Im 36 years old and have some pretty good existing "camping" experience, but overlanding is pretty new to me, im excited to get more involved and to learn more about it and welcome any tips and help from you guys.

I spend tons of time working in my garage building things, fabricating and reading technical articles so I can try to help with some stuff if anyone needs assistance.

Im a family man with 3 kids, 2 dogs a cat and a mortgage, lol, so things stay kinda crazy but balanced around here. Ive paid for my membership and am looking forward to my new emblems #14520 and meeting up with some of you guys. Thanks for your time.

IMG_20180827_083929_303.jpeg20160717_151207.jpeg20180722_133336.jpegIMAG0211.jpeg

TRED LYT

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Laguna Beach, CA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Sherman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZPJ
Wow...amazing how we (myself included) go from watching a few YouTube channels to building a common interest. I'm just starting out, so as a intro:

Everyone calls me Jackson I have a Awsome family, a 3 yr old son, wife and a very active cattle dog currently in SC by way of Cherokee NC. Trying to attempt a change in our life and with my 04 Tahoe Z71 (in its semi beginng build) retired from the US Army and I'm hopeful my retirement will allow my family and I an adventure we'll enjoy. I'll post some pics of our vessel that will at a minimum begin our endeavor. Looking forward to meeting and participating with the group and learning. Salute to you all. Jackson and Family
Hey Jackson, Welcome to Overland Bound! I’m fairly new to this family too but have learned so much in the past 4 months or so. Make sure you get out the Overland Expo East this year. I think it’s pretty close to where you are located. Just Google it and you’ll see all the details. It’s a little expensive for the full passes, but totally worth it. You’ll learn a ton and it’s better to sign up early so you get into the classes. We’re on the West Coast, so it’s too far of a drive for us, so we’ll stick to Overland Expo West which happens in Flagstaff, AZ each year I think in May. If memory serves me correctly, Overland Expo East takes place in November. Anyway, just get out and use your rig. Necessary items will become apparent after use. Enjoy the great outdoors!!

TRED LYT

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Laguna Beach, CA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Sherman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZPJ
View attachment 67583 Hello everyone. My name is Brian. I am new here to OB. I dont know why its taken me this long to join, but im here now. OB’s founding principles and motivation for help has sold me. Listening to the podcast pushed me to joining. Excited to share and learn with you all and look forward to the outting and Meet ups.

I am an owner of a 2002 4runner sport edition.
Ive had this 4runner since 50k miles, and am the second owner. Built from stock.

I am currently in the south western part of Virginia. Roanoke more accurately. Just moved here less than a year ago. Been in Norfolk,Va eve since.

I consider myself a novice, and am lookong to expand my experience and knowledge.

Thanks!
Welcome Brian. Spend time looking through the forums and posts all over this website. You’ll be amazed at how much information you’ll find that is helpful. People here are awesome and do amazing things to help out. Keep on building and most importantly, get out there and use it!! Cheers!

Enthusiast II

Usually west of the Rockies
First Name
Jess
Last Name
Pruitt
Hi everyone!
Rig: converted International 4300 DT466 Hotshots Buggy
Experience: novice-ish; my wife and I have taken her out to Aztec Peak, The “Edge of the World” overlooking Sedona and such forest roads
Why join? To get more involved in the community of like minded explorers and enjoyers of The Outdoors :)

-Jess

Attachments