Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

Imjoshhawkins

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hi,
I’m josh from Cave Creek,AZ
Here are my rigs as of right now. I plan on an Overland build to the Raptor here shortly.IMG_2014.JPG
IMG_1953.JPGIMG_1738.JPG

Here’s a few photos of my last build that I regret getting rid of as I’m sure all of you can relate to..IMG_0610.JPGIMG_1591.JPG

I do all sorts of metal fabrication if anyone on the area is interested.

Thanks everyone, I’m excited to be apart of this community!

Michael Starr

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Kentucky
Member #

Hello everyone. Pretty new to overlanding. Just getting started. I have a bone stock 2015 Sahara JKU. It's also my daily driver. Looking to learn, and start with some easy trails that lead to places most folks don't go. I like vehicle camping, so I'm looking to overlanding to help me do more of that. Great to meet you!

KineticApex

Rank 0

Traveler I

NJ
Hello everyone!

Brand new to off pavement driving, having only taken my 2018 Chevy Colorado off road twice now.
Looking forward to reading up and learning all I can while enjoying some quality outdoor time.

Rig: 2018 CCSB Colorado with ZR2 skid plates Baja Designs Squadron-R Sport fogs.

Attachments

American Scout

Rank III

Traveler I

Wow...amazing how we (myself included) go from watching a few YouTube channels to building a common interest. I'm just starting out, so as a intro:

Everyone calls me Jackson I have a Awsome family, a 3 yr old son, wife and a very active cattle dog currently in SC by way of Cherokee NC. Trying to attempt a change in our life and with my 04 Tahoe Z71 (in its semi beginng build) retired from the US Army and I'm hopeful my retirement will allow my family and I an adventure we'll enjoy. I'll post some pics of our vessel that will at a minimum begin our endeavor. Looking forward to meeting and participating with the group and learning. Salute to you all. Jackson and Family

Bishbk

Rank 0

Traveler I

Omaha
Hello everyone!! Beginner here, just bought my first off road vehicle and while searching for off roading trails in Nebraska, I discovered this over landing group and I'm exited to be part of this group and meet new people and discover new places.

Rig: 2018 Toyota 4Runner TRD off road
Experience: none...watching YouTube.

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Wow...amazing how we (myself included) go from watching a few YouTube channels to building a common interest. I'm just starting out, so as a intro:

Everyone calls me Jackson I have a Awsome family, a 3 yr old son, wife and a very active cattle dog currently in SC by way of Cherokee NC. Trying to attempt a change in our life and with my 04 Tahoe Z71 (in its semi beginng build) retired from the US Army and I'm hopeful my retirement will allow my family and I an adventure we'll enjoy. I'll post some pics of our vessel that will at a minimum begin our endeavor. Looking forward to meeting and participating with the group and learning. Salute to you all. Jackson and Family
Welcome! Retirement is fun.... and not so much a retirement but doing "FUNnerer" things and thanks for your service.

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Hello everyone!! Beginner here, just bought my first off road vehicle and while searching for off roading trails in Nebraska, I discovered this over landing group and I'm exited to be part of this group and meet new people and discover new places.

Rig: 2018 Toyota 4Runner TRD off road
Experience: none...watching YouTube.
Welcome and good choice in Rigs....personal opinion :grinning:

Reactions: American Scout

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Hi,
Here are my rigs as of right now. I plan on an Overland build to the Raptor here shortly.View attachment 67389
View attachment 67386View attachment 67387

Here’s a few photos of my last build that I regret getting rid of as I’m sure all of you can relate to..View attachment 67391View attachment 67393

Good looking rig... what happen to your rock sliders :wink::sunglasses:

Reactions: Ncat

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi,
Here are my rigs as of right now. I plan on an Overland build to the Raptor here shortly.View attachment 67389
View attachment 67386View attachment 67387

Here’s a few photos of my last build that I regret getting rid of as I’m sure all of you can relate to..View attachment 67391View attachment 67393

Welcome to Overland Bound!

There are several meet-ups in your area, so if your interested check out the meet-up page of the forum.

If you have any questions message me on the forum @Kent R

RedPreRunner4x4

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor II

Covington, Ga
Member #

I agree! You start thinking man how can I make this a lil bit better? You find out what you need over what you want. Ive found that if you go tell you need something more than a few times youll probably need it more and more. Find it easier than opening a parts book and say “oh I need that or want that for the rig”. You find out what you really wanted didnt really work as well as something that you really needed. I try to keep things simple..seems its easier to work on. Stock works well! Tell the bug bites and it starts to itch. I am sure the trails down in the southern states are a site to see with those mountains and stuff down there to explore!
Hey Casey! The mountain trails down here are cool but there’s just not near as many of them as there is out west. My buddies and I are in the process of planning a 2 or 3week rig trip to drive out around Utah, Colorado, Wyoming etc and ride trails and camp in some cool areas. My upgrades always come along similar to how I buy my tools for work. I get somewhere and I don’t have something but need it and put it on a list, if I happen to need it more than once I go ahead and buy it. Parts books are good for ideas but you never really know what you need until you figure it out yourself! I have a lot of people come to the shop after they buy a jeep because they went to play around and got stuck. That’s just the beginning!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Where do I find the meet-up page? Do I just browse through the forum or is there a page I need to go to?
On main forum page go to Overland Trips and Events then Overland Bound Meet-ups. Also check your regional page toward the bottom of the main forum page.

Marty_L

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Victorville, CA
Member #

Hello everyone,
I'm from Victorville, CA. I used to race Rally X and haul down some of the dirt roads. I'm looking to take things a little slower, with me getting into overlanding and enjoying the outdoors. I just picked up my rig a 1991 Toyota 4Runner 4x4. I'm open to all suggestions and advice!

Attachments

GabeSpurling

Rank 0

Traveler I

What's up everyone!

I am Gabe currently living in Tucson AZ. (active duty Air Force) been offroading for about 15 years but the last two years I have found myself traveling to other states to ride trails and check out some of the history these lands have. I currently have a 2015 Jeep Wrangler Sport Unlimited! Look forward to talking with folks and maybe evening plan a trip!

Attachments

meach4x4

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

St. George, Utah
Member #

Just a quick "Howdy" I have been following for a while, and finally signed up. I do a lot of trails in the SW Utah and Arizona Strip areas.
I currently use my Liberty CRD for overlanding. Love that torque! To keep it light, and cut down on wind drag, I use a ground tent. Thinking seriously about a Gazelle 3 for an upgrade from my Coleman quick-pitch. Come to the OB rally at Winter 4x4 Jamboree in Januaru 2019 and I'll see you there!

Meach4x4

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone,
I'm from Victorville, CA. I used to race Rally X and haul down some of the dirt roads. I'm looking to take things a little slower, with me getting into overlanding and enjoying the outdoors. I just picked up my rig a 1991 Toyota 4Runner 4x4. I'm open to all suggestions and advice!
Welcome to Overland Bound!

If your interested check the meet-up page to find a meet-up that might work for you. If you cant find one and want to start a new meet-up I am here to help.

If you have any questions message me on the forum @Kent R

Reactions: Marty_L