Enthusiast III

Camano Island, WA
First Name
Lenny
Last Name
Motta
Member #

canopyhack.jpg
View attachment 65118 View attachment 65116 View attachment 65117 New member just saying hi everybody. New to overlanding. Michael and Corrie are so inspiring.

Rig: 2006 4Runner V8
Experience: Zip,zero nada!
Hi guys, just wanted to say that we love our ARB 2500 awning and awning room, but we may be upgrading to a batwing type awning. I do have an awning hack for those campsites with a hard surface making it difficult to get a peg in the ground. I purchased a pair of aluminum PA speaker tripods on craigslist for 20 bucks. I placed them next to the uprights and used clamps normally fence used for chainlink fence pipe. This makes a sturdy structure of the canopy and doesn't move even under a stiff ocean breeze at the beach.

fulmer.ron

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Member #

New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.
I am a new member and wanted to introduce myself.
Rig: 2018 JL
Overlanding Experience: I am a student at heart and am constantly learning IMG_3358.JPG

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
I am a new member and wanted to introduce myself.
Rig: 2018 JL
Overlanding Experience: I am a student at heart and am constantly learning View attachment 66755
There are several meet-ups in your area, so if your interested check out the meet-up page of the forum.

If you have any questions message me on the forum @Kent R

Congrats on the new JL

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi All
New OB member here thanks for accepting me in your OB community. I been watching most of overland video on YouTube I’m so impressed how much help and respect you guys showing to all.
And I can’t wait to join you on next adventure hopefully soon.
Welcome to Overland Bound!!
There are several meet-ups in your area, so if your interested check out the meet-up page of the forum.

JaxxaLuca

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hello everybody! My name's Jesse, but I go by Jaxxa pretty much everywhere. I wanted to get a vehicle that could do anything, and after a long time looking at Jeeps, I decided an AWD Juke would suit all my needs. After a year on the pavement, I've finally gotten some more capable tires and I'm eager to see what my little CVT Juke can do!
I'm local to the Jacksonville Florida area, and I've got family out by Osceola National Park, so I think I'll go out that way for my first overland outing to test the waters.

I wanted to check out the community to hear everybody's trails and locations, because it seems like most of the open land in NE Florida is privately owned, and it's a real bummer.

Low594

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Oakland, CA, US
First Name
James
Last Name
o'Brien
Member #

Hello everybody! My name's Jesse, but I go by Jaxxa pretty much everywhere. I wanted to get a vehicle that could do anything, and after a long time looking at Jeeps, I decided an AWD Juke would suit all my needs. After a year on the pavement, I've finally gotten some more capable tires and I'm eager to see what my little CVT Juke can do!
I'm local to the Jacksonville Florida area, and I've got family out by Osceola National Park, so I think I'll go out that way for my first overland outing to test the waters.

I wanted to check out the community to hear everybody's trails and locations, because it seems like most of the open land in NE Florida is privately owned, and it's a real bummer.
Thats definitely an unusual choice! Keep us up to date with a build thread, please!

Chyll

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Mesa, AZ 85207
Member #

How's everybody doing? My name is Will and I'm located in Mesa, AZ. I been looking to get into the overlanding game for about a year. Finally came across this '09 LX 570 with 133k on the clock and did a swap for my '14 two wheel drive Sierra. Loved that truck but it wasn't going to get me where I want to go. Got a smoking deal and the carfax service history showed it was well taken care of. Also don't think it has ever seen dirt given the 22" it is currently rolling on. So finding some good wheels and tires is obviously my first order of business.
Peace

Attachments

Bug out 1

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Leesburg, Ga
First Name
Jamie
Last Name
Owens
Member #

Whats going on guys?
New to the forum but not new to off highway exploring and camping. First time to be a member of an organization that caters to over-landing. Im a member of Cherokee forum, jeep forum and wrangler forum, but I feel like this forum and organization will be more suited to my needs.
Past overland vehicle builds: 4 door XJ, Wagoneer, LJ, Commander (Waste of money) , 2 dr Tahoe (2nd waste of money) and now a 2006 Power wagon (2nd power wagon iv owned, still terrible on gas, may sell and buy a ZJ) . Trying to get a date set so the family and I can hit the Georgia Traverse and maybe sometime next year I would love to conqueror the trans Atlantic trail.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
How's everybody doing? My name is Will and I'm located in Mesa, AZ. I been looking to get into the overlanding game for about a year. Finally came across this '09 LX 570 with 133k on the clock and did a swap for my '14 two wheel drive Sierra. Loved that truck but it wasn't going to get me where I want to go. Got a smoking deal and the carfax service history showed it was well taken care of. Also don't think it has ever seen dirt given the 22" it is currently rolling on. So finding some good wheels and tires is obviously my first order of business.
Peace
Welcome to Overland Bound!

If your interested check the meet-up page to find a meet-up that might work for you. If you cant find one and want to start a new meet-up I am here to help.

BlackSheepExpedition

Rank V
Launch Member

Explorer I

Maiden North Carolina
First Name
John
Last Name
Bellesfield
Member #

View attachment 66727
Hi guys, just wanted to say that we love our ARB 2500 awning and awning room, but we may be upgrading to a batwing type awning. I do have an awning hack for those campsites with a hard surface making it difficult to get a peg in the ground. I purchased a pair of aluminum PA speaker tripods on craigslist for 20 bucks. I placed them next to the uprights and used clamps normally fence used for chainlink fence pipe. This makes a sturdy structure of the canopy and doesn't move even under a stiff ocean breeze at the beach.
Does the room still attach with the tripods.

Beowulf-Bamm

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hi Folks, glad to join you!

I’m in Central Virginia and a novice to Overlanding although I’ve been camping all my life.

Currently we pull an RV when we do camp, but looking to downsize and have a little more adventure!

My rig is a 2007 Suburban. Currently running 32” Cooper Discoverer AT3. I’m looking forward to learning a lot and finding out just how far we can go...