First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Hello All
Jerry here from Denver currently but I have been around.
Previous off road vehicles include 1955, 1976 and 1983 Jeep CJ5s yes I was a slow learner... A 1977 F250 Factory High Boy. A 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee and a 2005 LJ Rubicon before getting my current 2008 Land Rover LR3. Few additions include Johnson Rod 2" lift, 275 Goodyear Duratracks, G4 challenge roof rack, Tactical Rovers rock sliders, duel battery kit and lots of other little bits... Sleeping in an Oz-Tent RV3.

Welcome. Nice rig.

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Hi all. My name is Dave, I am from ct i have a 2012 ram 1500 that i will be slowly getting ready to explore with. i look to gain lots of knowlagde from here so any tips you can give me fire away ! My full time job is a fire dispatcher with affords me alot of free time so i love being outdoors so i figure give this a try ! lol look forward to talking to you all
Welcome. Ask questions, we're all here to help each other and learn.

krzyaz

Rank IV

Influencer II

Maricopa, AZ, USA
First Name
Peder
Last Name
Thygesen
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7WWV
Hello Everyone - I just signed up. My name is Peder. I'm an 8 year Arizona (Phoenix Area) transplant from Northern California. I never really did much 'offroading' or overlanding until 2013 when I decided it was time to upgrade from the 2wd Tundra to a more capable off road vehicle. I've been through countless hours of classes on everything from off road trip preparation to advanced recovery options. I don't get to do much overlanding except for frequent dispersed camping trips. That's all about to change. I've got a couple trips that I'm planning for this summer and late fall.

Pics for those interested...

Less than 12 hours of ownership, already in the dirt. South of Phoenix in the Sonoran Desert.
day2.jpg

4 Months later. The 'Rolls' area of Saguaro Lake. I think we call this Hippo Hill.
4 months.JPG

Last month, camping before it gets too hot. One of my favorite places.
IMG_20160304_162936575.jpg

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Hello Everyone - I just signed up. My name is Peder. I'm an 8 year Arizona (Phoenix Area) transplant from Northern California. I never really did much 'offroading' or overlanding until 2013 when I decided it was time to upgrade from the 2wd Tundra to a more capable off road vehicle. I've been through countless hours of classes on everything from off road trip preparation to advanced recovery options. I don't get to do much overlanding except for frequent dispersed camping trips. That's all about to change. I've got a couple trips that I'm planning for this summer and late fall.

Pics for those interested...

Less than 12 hours of ownership, already in the dirt. South of Phoenix in the Sonoran Desert.
View attachment 3845

4 Months later. The 'Rolls' area of Saguaro Lake. I think we call this Hippo Hill.
View attachment 3846

Last month, camping before it gets too hot. One of my favorite places.
View attachment 3847
Welcome to the forum. It's been a few years since I've lived in Phoenix, but the scenery looks familiar. I also enjoyed traveling up to the Mogollon Rim to hit the fire trails up there.

ABCanuck

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Cereal, Alberta
Member #

G'day everyone. Member #1966 checking in here. First a huge shout out to corrie who was most accommodating in letting me have that number to coincide with our new build.

My name is Blake, my wife is Bailey and we currently have 2 girls with one more gremlin on the way.

I grew up in a very outdoors oriented family, while we were never really part of the off road community. We have a cattle ranch in eastern Alberta located in a rural area several hours from any city so the weekend rush into the wilderness is a bit foreign to me. We often find ourselves travelling for a taste of civilization at it were :). Spent much of our childhood fishing and hunting both on the prairies , Rockies and PNW and still do, though summers are filled with ranch work so the chances to get away are limited until the cooler months.

I have a tendency to be long winded though so back to the member number. My dad and grandfather bought the vehicle from the forestry service probably 40 years ago, and then it sat for likely close to the last thirty when it required some front end work. I decided enough was enough and finally pulled the old girl out of the trees (the few that actually exist here) and am going forward with this mammoth project. It's a 1966 Fargo (Canadian brand sold alongside of dodge) Town Panel. My wife thinks it's ugly, I think it's awesome :)

I'll get my butt in gear with a build thread soon. Probably take longer to finish than I hope. Obligatory teaser pics.

God bless,
Blake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
G'day everyone. Member #1966 checking in here. First a huge shout out to corrie who was most accommodating in letting me have that number to coincide with our new build.

My name is Blake, my wife is Bailey and we currently have 2 girls with one more gremlin on the way.

I grew up in a very outdoors oriented family, while we were never really part of the off road community. We have a cattle ranch in eastern Alberta located in a rural area several hours from any city so the weekend rush into the wilderness is a bit foreign to me. We often find ourselves travelling for a taste of civilization at it were :). Spent much of our childhood fishing and hunting both on the prairies , Rockies and PNW and still do, though summers are filled with ranch work so the chances to get away are limited until the cooler months.

I have a tendency to be long winded though so back to the member number. My dad and grandfather bought the vehicle from the forestry service probably 40 years ago, and then it sat for likely close to the last thirty when it required some front end work. I decided enough was enough and finally pulled the old girl out of the trees (the few that actually exist here) and am going forward with this mammoth project. It's a 1966 Fargo (Canadian brand sold alongside of dodge) Town Panel. My wife thinks it's ugly, I think it's awesome :)

I'll get my butt in gear with a build thread soon. Probably take longer to finish than I hope. Obligatory teaser pics.

God bless,
Blake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Welcome to the forum and AWESOME rig!! Can't wait to see your build thread.

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

Welcome aboard! I love that Fargo. I'd love to find a similar era Suburban, but I sure don't need another vehicle! (nine licensed right now, hopefully down to eight soon!)

I look forward to seeing what you do with her, or just drive it like that!

Zaq

Rank III

Advocate II

Hey! New guy here, been lurking alot lately on the mobile app, figured its time to join in.

Name is Zack, from central Illinois, where there is no where to explore or do much of anything.

Not new to offroading, but really just getting into Overlanding. (Thanks alot XO...)
Bought a 2011 4Runner in February, it was a stock SR5.

Now it is lifted 2.5 inches, and has some beefier tires.
LOTS planned for the build, and a lot of places I want to go and explore.

Lots of research to do too!!

Anyways, heres a picture of my rig from today, found a muddy farm road.

thumbnail_ATT00001.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

NorthStar96

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

@Zaq ....Mighty fine looking rig!
Welcome to the group! We look forward to seeing your pics and hearing your stories!

Ask questions, check out the growing chat room and get that OB Emblem on!
Theres a young fella over in Ohio, named @Steve, not far from you, that has a Brand spankin new 4Runner.
Maybe his build can inspire you and give you some new ideas on your build.

Last edited:

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

Welcome to the Overland Bound forum, @Zaq! Nice looking 4Runner!

There is a meet up planned in western Indiana in late June, if you are interested in meeting some other Overland Bound members. Here's the thread: Redbird SRA in Dugger, Indiana meetup and trail run

@NorthStar96 He's already got a lot more done to his 4Runner than mine. At only a week old, mine should be taking inspiration from him! ;)

Reactions: NorthStar96

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Hey! New guy here, been lurking alot lately on the mobile app, figured its time to join in.

Name is Zack, from central Illinois, where there is no where to explore or do much of anything.

Not new to offroading, but really just getting into Overlanding. (Thanks alot XO...)
Bought a 2011 4Runner in February, it was a stock SR5.

Now it is lifted 2.5 inches, and has some beefier tires.
LOTS planned for the build, and a lot of places I want to go and explore.

Lots of research to do too!!

Anyways, heres a picture of my rig from today, found a muddy farm road.

View attachment 3879
Welcome to the forum. There's a few of us in Eastern Iowa, not too far. We're heading to Redbird in Indiana at the end of June for some trail riding. Here's a link if you're interested in joining in the fun. http://overlandbound.com/forums/index.php?threads/redbird-sra-in-dugger-indiana-meetup-and-trail-run.1253/

Edit: I see Steve already mentioned it. We're going to swing through Peoria and pick someone up for our convoy as well.

ShawnR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bettendorf, Iowa, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Reimers
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Hey everyone, just joined, wife and I have a Sportsmobile and have been following the channel for a while. Look forward to seeing you at the overland expo. We are in the Tri-Valley area so may try to meet up with you Wednesday morning.
Welcome to the form.

Sent from my iPhone using Overland Bound Talk