Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

H8RMKRmaverick

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Chester, Virginia
Member #

Hey y’all, I’m located just south of Richmond, Virginia I’m kinda new to “overlanding” but I car camp a lot and used to go off-roading a lot so mix it together and there you go lol. I just bought a ‘07 4Runner completely stock so tires, roof rack, and under carriage armor with sliders are on top of my list it’ll take some time with a baby on the way but I’ll get there. I’m in a charity group called the Bearded Villains, we’re a social club across the US and over seas that works together in our area to raise money, toys, clothes ... anything you can think of to help people in need.

Attachments

Rugged Camper

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Chico, California, United States
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
Currah
Member #

I live in Paradise. There. I said it. Here in CA. Originally from Oregon. Spent many years bouncing around in the back of a Land Cruiser in Africa with a big grin on my face. Now I try to recapture the simplicity and adventure of those days whenever possible in my 1998 XJ.IMG_20180427_193200.jpg

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

Hey y’all, I’m located just south of Richmond, Virginia I’m kinda new to “overlanding” but I car camp a lot and used to go off-roading a lot so mix it together and there you go lol. I just bought a ‘07 4Runner completely stock so tires, roof rack, and under carriage armor with sliders are on top of my list it’ll take some time with a baby on the way but I’ll get there. I’m in a charity group called the Bearded Villains, we’re a social club across the US and over seas that works together in our area to raise money, toys, clothes ... anything you can think of to help people in need.
Welcome!

Reactions: H8RMKRmaverick

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
I live in Paradise. There. I said it. Here in CA. Originally from Oregon. Spent many years bouncing around in the back of a Land Cruiser in Africa with a big grin on my face. Now I try to recapture the simplicity and adventure of those days whenever possible in my 1998 XJ.View attachment 63989
Welcome to Overland Bound! Currently there isn't a meet-up close to you but if your in the area the Sacramento group meets every Wednesday night. They are on the calendar and meet-up page.
If you have any questions please message me @Kent R

Grady

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

San Angelo, Texas
Member #

good morning - my name is Grady. I live in Texas, and do most of my outdoors trips in West Texas and Eastern NM. Looking to do some more trips, especially Big Bend and Big Bend Ranch state park, as well as some more rock crawling focused trips to Katemcy, Hidden Falls, Trees ranch, and maybe Barnwell mountain. I have a 97 FZJ80 40th with 6" slee lift on 37s. slow, but lots of fun when it gets offroad.

Robert Cronin

Rank 0

Traveler I

houston
2000XJ.JPG Location: Houston, TX
Current Vehicle: 2000 XJ Cherokee
Previous Vehicle: 2001 TJ Wrangler
Overland Experience: Overland? Camping? Novice. Off-roading? Advance.
Why Overlanding?: Being a former Boy Scout and perpetual child inside, it's a good mix of doing the off-roading we love to do and adding in the camping we have longed to do. Kids are gone now, time to go out and play. Roughing it will no longer mean Motel 6 but...how about over near that tree?

oh yeah....My name is Bob. My wife is Irma. The rig is Heidi!

Dethspec

Rank 0
Launch Member

Traveler I

Nashville, TN
Member #

Proud new member here!

My name is Kip, Sarge is the Jeep.
Vehicle: 2015 JKU
Overland Experience: Novice
Why Overlanding?: This is my first 4wheel drive vehicle and it has kindled something in me to use it evey single chance I get. Wife wife dreads the moments when I reach for the 4-wheel shift and say, "Hang on, I'm going to try something!" That then lead me to discover the TAT, which is what I am prepping for now. Trying to get Sarge ready for the trip so it will be fun and safe for me and mine. What can I say, I just got the Overlanding bug.

Troy Jorgensen

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Kirkland, WA
Member #

IMG_5601.JPG Greetings from Washington.
Been a car and truck guy my whole life and excited to explore the overlanding community and my new rig of choice.
Earlier this year I picked up a 2006 Land Rover LR3 with two goals. 1. The whole family and dog will fit. 2. I can turn it into a daily driven overlanding rig.
It was a well maintained 2nd owner, completely stock truck. Since purchasing it we have, upgraded the bushings, upgraded to LR4 compressor, added LR4 running boards, Frontrunner roof rack, rear basket and ladder, G4 Brush Bumper, Snorkel, and RangeRover 20" wheels. Later this week it is receiving a full bombardment of light and light bars so I can support the first few thousand miles of the Alcan5000 summer rally.

I have always been into cars and the outdoors and my last few vehicles have been rally/overland prepped Subarus which I competed in the winter 2012 and 2016 Alcan5000 rally with.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
View attachment 64040 Greetings from Washington.
Been a car and truck guy my whole life and excited to explore the overlanding community and my new rig of choice.
Earlier this year I picked up a 2006 Land Rover LR3 with two goals. 1. The whole family and dog will fit. 2. I can turn it into a daily driven overlanding rig.
It was a well maintained 2nd owner, completely stock truck. Since purchasing it we have, upgraded the bushings, upgraded to LR4 compressor, added LR4 running boards, Frontrunner roof rack, rear basket and ladder, G4 Brush Bumper, Snorkel, and RangeRover 20" wheels. Later this week it is receiving a full bombardment of light and light bars so I can support the first few thousand miles of the Alcan5000 summer rally.

I have always been into cars and the outdoors and my last few vehicles have been rally/overland prepped Subarus which I competed in the winter 2012 and 2016 Alcan5000 rally with.
Welcome to Overland Bound! If your interested check the meet-up page to find a meet-up that might work for you.

If you have any questions message me on the forum at Kent R.

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Robertson County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

Welcome to OB from Central New York!!!

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Robertson County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

View attachment 63950
View attachment 63951
View attachment 63953

Hey new central NJ guy here. Currently doing super casual camping/exploring either on 2016 F150 or 2017 KLR650. Prob looking to get rid of truck for taco or something.
Also HAM (KD2QDK), Doberman, and firearms enthusiast.

**Warning: asskissing post inbound**
I must say the guides/posts I’ve read so far have been more accessible, easy to read, and informative than any other community I’ve looked at. Major kudos. Looking forward to getting involved.
Welcome to OB from Central New York!!!
Maybe we will see you at the East Region Fall Round Up!!!

Gary LaCore

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

37°42'11.9"N 97°26'00.3"W
Member #

Hello fellow overlanders,

I'm new to this and just getting started. I've always enjoyed the outdoors hking, camping and traveling. Now it's time to combine them all and start leaving the rat race behind.

Rig: I have 2, a 1992 Jeep YJ with dana 44's with 4.88 gears, ARB locker in front and Eat on E-locker in rear, rolling on 35 inch tires. My 2nd vehicle I just recently purchased is a 1999 Toyota 4runner Limited, it's stock with 113,000 miles. I'm going to be focusing on this rig for now so I can bring my daughter and basset hound. I look fwd to being a member of Overland Bound community and future adventures.

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

Hello fellow overlanders,

I'm new to this and just getting started. I've always enjoyed the outdoors hking, camping and traveling. Now it's time to combine them all and start leaving the rat race behind.

Rig: I have 2, a 1992 Jeep YJ with dana 44's with 4.88 gears, ARB locker in front and Eat on E-locker in rear, rolling on 35 inch tires. My 2nd vehicle I just recently purchased is a 1999 Toyota 4runner Limited, it's stock with 113,000 miles. I'm going to be focusing on this rig for now so I can bring my daughter and basset hound. I look fwd to being a member of Overland Bound community and future adventures.
Welcome to the community!

Looking forward to your 4Runner build thread. [emoji12]

I love my T4R.

Reactions: Gary LaCore

True North

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Bay Area, California
Member #

Hey folks,

Bay area, CA native here, totally new to overlanding, but have been stalking some nice rigs on Instagram ha. I grew up camping, fishing and enjoy backpacking and being outdoors. I've been getting more interested in overlanding as I can only hoof it so far to get off the grid.

I just picked up a 2016 4Runner TRD Pro yesterday, and am stoked to learn more from this community!

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Hey folks,

Bay area, CA native here, totally new to overlanding, but have been stalking some nice rigs on Instagram ha. I grew up camping, fishing and enjoy backpacking and being outdoors. I've been getting more interested in overlanding as I can only hoof it so far to get off the grid.

I just picked up a 2016 4Runner TRD Pro yesterday, and am stoked to learn more from this community!
Welcome. Look forward to seeing your outfitting of the 4Runner.

Reactions: True North

Nickzero

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Nicholas
Last Name
Dugdale
Member #

Hello everyone,

I have a 2018 Jeep, JLUR. I live in Georgia.

My wife and I are new to overland, but we both have a sense of adventure. We both have Jeeps so we are not new to wheeling. We are going to do our first overland trip in October. Nothing too big a trip to Uwharrie national park. So wish us luck.
I'm from NC and have yet to visit there. Stay safe out there. And nice rig!

Reactions: TheRubiconLife